TV Inputs (HDMI input) unlocked in guest rooms? (Saratoga Springs)

dcbarry

Earning My Ears
QUick question, I would like to bring my apple TV with me for our first stay at Sratoga Springs.

In many hotels, you can't change inputs, but since these are not typical hotel rooms, but for guests/owners, hoping this will be an option.

Thanks!

It's been a little bit for DW and I (9/2016), but on our PVB stay we were able to use our Amazon Fire Stick on it no problem.

I'm not familiar with usage of the Apple TV, but you may want to make sure it can work on public wifi that requires you to accept terms. Some devices cannot open the webpage with the "Agree" button and therefore can never actually get out to the internet.

Thats good to hear. I just have to rember the HDMI cable!

Excellent point on the "accept terms issue". I have a workaround that usually works for that (Set a matching temporary MAC address on a different device, hopefully that tirck works still).

Cheers,

d.

We have used our apple TV at many places and I'm thinking we used it there for Dec though I'm not remembering for certain. As a rule you can't get to the terms page and do the acceptance from the APPLE TV even with the fake safari browser installed. I've only had one system where using the add on browser actually worked. I've also had one system that refused to do manual authentication saying their contract forbid it and I had to go through the resort GM and it'd take 7-10 days. What you'll likely have to do is call the support number for the internet which the "FD" should be able to give you if it's not listed. When are you going?

If you're just looking to stream video content (not play games on the Apple TV), I personally use the Lightning-to-HDMI adapter. Plug it into an iPad or iPhone and use that as the streaming source. It does tie-up the phone/ipad while streaming, but avoids the ATV workaround headaches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!