Tutto Gusto or Via Napoli?

Your favorite?

• Tutto Gusto

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Via Napoli

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
Two very different eateries.
If I was going solo, wanted small plates and a beverage I'd opt for Tutto Gusto.
If I wanted ..a full meal I'd go to VN, solo or not.

Have you looked at both menus? You can get a full meal at Tutto Gusto, we've ordered off the Tutto Italia menu several times.

These places are just different, if you want pizza then Via Napoli would be the only option.
If you want pasta, then Tutto Gusto would be good too.

I will mention the atmosphere of both is quite different.
If you are a self-conscious person (or introverted), Tutto Gusto is a lot smaller and may be more "comfortable". Via Napoli is large and loud.

I may have just caught them on a bad day but I was told on Friday afternoon that I could not get a table at Tutto Gusto because I was solo. “There are no tables for one.” This was said in full view/hearing of the general manager. There were visible open high top tables for two. I’ve been seated as a solo many times before (& was previously a really big fan) so I’m not sure what was going on and if it’s a policy change or a really bad day. It was pretty embarrassing so I’m not sure I will try again to find out.

ETA: so I did try again ... it’s so humid I needed a break. Different host and GM and was seated with no problem. So hopefully Fri was a fluke.

Last edited:
We were just there last month and they no longer offer the Tutto Italia menu there, you need to order off the Tutto Gusto menu only.

We love it there, they have terrific food, fantastic Italian wine and it's dark and cool. But I think we spend more there than if we went to a restaurant.

I may have just caught them on a bad day but I was told on Friday afternoon that I could not get a table at Tutto Gusto because I was solo. “There are no tables for one.” This was said in full view/hearing of the general manager. There were visible open high top tables for two. I’ve been seated as a solo many times before (& was previously a really big fan) so I’m not sure what was going on and if it’s a policy change or a really bad day. It was pretty embarrassing so I’m not sure I will try again to find out.
Wow thats just very rude and odd. So sorry you went through that. I have never seen a restaurant turn away a solo diner! As a solo diner myself, i'd be interested to know if this is in fact a new thing at tutto gusto. I'll have to test this out on my next trip. ....But for now hopefully someone who has dined there solo can chime in with their experience?

Wow thats just very rude and odd. So sorry you went through that. I have never seen a restaurant turn away a solo diner! As a solo diner myself, i'd be interested to know if this is in fact a new thing at tutto gusto. I'll have to test this out on my next trip. ....But for now hopefully someone who has dined there solo can chime in with their experience?

So I just tried again... different host and GM and was seated with no problem. There are many open tables. Hopefully Friday afternoon was a fluke. They have changed the menu since I was here last. For example I used to like the meatball sliders, which are gone (regular meatballs remain). I took menu pics. If they came out ok with the dark lighting, will post.

Love the Pizza (and a few other things) at Via Napoli. Tutto Gusto is more of a wine-bar kind of place - which we also love when we are in the mood for that.

So I just tried again... different host and GM and was seated with no problem. There are many open tables. Hopefully Friday afternoon was a fluke. They have changed the menu since I was here last. For example I used to like the meatball sliders, which are gone (regular meatballs remain). I took menu pics. If they came out ok with the dark lighting, will post.
Im glad you got a table! Frankly I was rather miffed that they would discriminate against solo diners like that. Are we not paying customers? i'd write to disney complaining about the issue to be honest...just so that it doesnt happen again. That's not right! :furious:
Anyway, would love to see some pics if you can post. :)

Honestly, I think it is incredibly hard to compare the two. They really aren't alike other than being Italian.

I love both but for very different reasons. In fact, I think the Italian pavilion as a whole has some of the best food in EC.

We like to do both at the same general meal time. We like to start at Tutto Gusto for wine and cheese/small plates and apps 45 minutes before our Via Napoli reservation where we split a pizza and salad.

I was solo. “There are no tables for one.” This was said in full view/hearing of the general manager. There were visible open high top tables for two.

The last time I heard such stupidity was when my wife and I went to a Philadelphia restaurant and the snotty podium woman asked me "How many?". I said two. She said that there were "no tables for 2 available." Yet, over her shoulder I could see half a dozen tables for 4 open. I said in a deadpan voice, "Oh, we actually need 6 chairs, because my wife and I like to switch seats at every course. But, if you don't have a table for 6, we can re-use the salad course seats for dessert, and make do with a 4 top." She looked at me like I was crazy. Her younger co-worker, standing next to her, burst out laughing. We got seated at a table for 4 a few moments later. For fun, we did switch seats throughout the meal.

The last time I heard such stupidity was when my wife and I went to a Philadelphia restaurant and the snotty podium woman asked me "How many?". I said two. She said that there were "no tables for 2 available." Yet, over her shoulder I could see half a dozen tables for 4 open. I said in a deadpan voice, "Oh, we actually need 6 chairs, because my wife and I like to switch seats at every course. But, if you don't have a table for 6, we can re-use the salad course seats for dessert, and make do with a 4 top." She looked at me like I was crazy. Her younger co-worker, standing next to her, burst out laughing. We got seated at a table for 4 a few moments later. For fun, we did switch seats throughout the meal.

We live in Philadelphia and I'd LOVE to know which restaurant this is! I'd also love to have your quick wit :)

We live in Philadelphia and I'd LOVE to know which restaurant this is! I'd also love to have your quick wit :)

It was an Italian restaurant in Society Hill about 25 years ago. Friends had told us how good it was, and to go during the week because the restaurant didn't take reservations. The only thing memorable about the restaurant, other than the encounter, was that they made the Caesar salad dressing at the table. We never went back, primarily because my wife and I hated parking in that part of town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter