Tusker House warm banana cinnamon bread pudding. Would love the recipe.

Marcela

Mouseketeer
Last week we ate at the Tusker House. Awesome buffet, by the way. The hightlight was the Warm Banana Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce.:love: I would love a recipe. I found Boma's Banana Bread Pudding, and don't know if it's the same. The one at the Tusker House was fabulous!!!!! It had pecans in it too. My DH and I loved it.

Banana-Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Tusker House, Animal Kingdom

14 ounces Cinnamon Bread
12 ounces Milk
8 ounces Liquid Eggs
4 ounces Brown Sugar
4 ounces White Sugar
10 each Ripe Bananas
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Vanilla
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
4 ounces Raisins
4 ounces Pecans
2 ounces Butter Blend
3 ounces Sanding Sugar

Dice cinnamon bread into 1 inch squares and place into a 12 inch round pan.
In a large bowl, mix the other ingredients except for the bananas, sanding sugar and butter. Mash up 6 bananas and add them to the egg mixture. Slice up the remaining bananas and add them to the panned cinnamon bread. Pour the egg mixture over the bread/sliced bananas and let stand for about 20 to 30 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Brush the top with the butter blend and dust with the sanding sugar.
Serve warm with vanilla sauce. (recipe follows)

Vanilla Sauce
4 ½ teaspoon Butter Blend
4 ½ teaspoon Flour
¾ cup Sugar
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 ¼ cup Milk
1 cup Whipping Cream
1 each Egg, Beaten
½ tablespoon Vanilla Paste
On medium heat melt butter in a small sauce pan, add flour and cook for about 5 minutes stirring continuously. In a small mixing bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Add this to the flour and butter stirring with a whisk until the mixture thickens (about 5 to 8 minutes.) Serve warm or chilled.

And many thanks to you, Deb-that's where I found the recipe! Never knew about that thread until yesterday when I went looking. I now have it in favorites. Sarah

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to the both of you. I can't wait to make this dish. As soon as I lose all of the weight I picked up at WDW last week due to my DxDP. My husband and I :love: you.

I am guessing i can subsitute for splenda? And would this make a great addition to sunday brunch or too sweet? :confused3

Banana-Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Tusker House, Animal Kingdom

14 ounces Cinnamon Bread
12 ounces Milk
8 ounces Liquid Eggs
4 ounces Brown Sugar
4 ounces White Sugar
10 each Ripe Bananas
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Vanilla
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
4 ounces Raisins
4 ounces Pecans
2 ounces Butter Blend
3 ounces Sanding Sugar

Dice cinnamon bread into 1 inch squares and place into a 12 inch round pan.
In a large bowl, mix the other ingredients except for the bananas, sanding sugar and butter. Mash up 6 bananas and add them to the egg mixture. Slice up the remaining bananas and add them to the panned cinnamon bread. Pour the egg mixture over the bread/sliced bananas and let stand for about 20 to 30 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Brush the top with the butter blend and dust with the sanding sugar.
Serve warm with vanilla sauce. (recipe follows)

Vanilla Sauce
4 ½ teaspoon Butter Blend
4 ½ teaspoon Flour
¾ cup Sugar
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 ¼ cup Milk
1 cup Whipping Cream
1 each Egg, Beaten
½ tablespoon Vanilla Paste
On medium heat melt butter in a small sauce pan, add flour and cook for about 5 minutes stirring continuously. In a small mixing bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Add this to the flour and butter stirring with a whisk until the mixture thickens (about 5 to 8 minutes.) Serve warm or chilled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!