Tusker House "Brunch?"

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
This is one of our favorite restaurants on property. DH loves their breakfast and I like the lunch/dinner menu. Breakfast ends at 10:55 and lunch starts at 11:00. If we book like a 10:30-ish ADR, might we be able to get a little but of both? Anyone ever done this?

We did this once, accidently, and we loved it! We had a plate of breakfast food, and then a couple of plates of lunch.

Plan on doing it again next year (with the ROL package).

Best part is, they charge you the breakfast price.

You might have a limited amount of time, however, with the breakfast options, especially if they are running behind. For us, at least, they did a "last call" for breakfast items. I don't remember what time this was. I do remember that for a limited amount of time (maybe for 15 minutes), one side of the buffet was lunch, the other breakfast.

We had an early lunch at TH (11:30) and they still had a little breakfast food out then for our first plate, so it was a nice combination breakfast/lunch.

The only thing I can think is you may want to move the ADR just a little bit in case you end up with a bit of wait to be seated and it's on a day where breakfast gets cleared closer to 11:00.

We plan to do this and it has worked a couple of times. We had a 10:30 ADR, got seated around 11:15, and still got breakfast food.

As an aside, I wouldn't panic about that timeline. I think it was a fluke, but it was frustrating at the time. I don't believe in arriving 15 minutes early for an ADR, so we arrived on time... Then waited in line for 15-20 minutes to check in.

We plan to do this and it has worked a couple of times. We had a 10:30 ADR, got seated around 11:15, and still got breakfast food.

As an aside, I wouldn't panic about that timeline. I think it was a fluke, but it was frustrating at the time. I don't believe in arriving 15 minutes early for an ADR, so we arrived on time... Then waited in line for 15-20 minutes to check in.
I assume they charged you the breakfast price?

You've found our favorite time at Tusker House. We usually do a late breakfast reservation (1045 or so) and pay the breakfast prices but enjoy the lunch offerings closer to 1130 too.

We did this once, accidently, and we loved it! We had a plate of breakfast food, and then a couple of plates of lunch.

Plan on doing it again next year (with the ROL package).

Best part is, they charge you the breakfast price.

You might have a limited amount of time, however, with the breakfast options, especially if they are running behind. For us, at least, they did a "last call" for breakfast items. I don't remember what time this was. I do remember that for a limited amount of time (maybe for 15 minutes), one side of the buffet was lunch, the other breakfast.

The breakfast price has recently increased to match the lunch price!
Over $46/adult for breakfast now!!!!

The breakfast price has recently increased to match the lunch price!
Over $46/adult for breakfast now!!!!
Can you tell me where you found that price? Easy WDW listed the new prices for the buffets last week and Tusker House was listed as $40.47 with tax for breakfast and $55.38 for lunch.

Yep! We did this last year on our trip. You are charged for the rate when you start your dining experience (so if your reservation is at 10:30 you'd get breakfast rates). My kids loved going to Chef mickey's for breakfast and then taking our time eating so that we'd also get to enjoy the lunch foods! We made sure to tip our server very well knowing we were there a little longer than normal.

After reading this thread, I changed our Tusker House resi to 10:45am. How long should I plan for the meal there? We should be able to make our Fastpass for The Lion King at 12:30, right?

After reading this thread, I changed our Tusker House resi to 10:45am. How long should I plan for the meal there? We should be able to make our Fastpass for The Lion King at 12:30, right?

I think so, especially if you are seated on time. I think we were done around 12:15 or 12:30 after being seated at 11:15. I don't think Lion King is too far away. Isn't the fast pass good until 12:50? Gives you a couple extra minutes to make it over there and still take advantage of the FP seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter