Turning 40 and Feeling Fabulous - October 2017

I have to agree that Space Mountain at DLR is much better and its a lot smoother! Love your Coffee mugs, I don't collect the starbucks ones but the only souvenirs I bring home are Coffee mugs and a Christmas ornaments.

Sounds like you have a perfect 40th birthday!

Loving your review! My hubby turned 40 in February, and I turn 40 in August, so we're celebrating with our 4th trip to Disney followed by our 9th Carnival cruise! You only turn 40 once, ya might as well go big! :D

I have to agree that Space Mountain at DLR is much better and its a lot smoother! Love your Coffee mugs, I don't collect the starbucks ones but the only souvenirs I bring home are Coffee mugs and a Christmas ornaments.

Sounds like you have a perfect 40th birthday!

Good to know they aren't the only ones that preferred SM at DLR! Thank you, Disney mugs and Christmas ornaments are also the two things I collect. My Christmas tree is almost completely Disney ornaments. I have been collecting for quite some time.

Thank you, I had the most amazing 40th! I don't know how I will ever top it. Lol

Loving your review! My hubby turned 40 in February, and I turn 40 in August, so we're celebrating with our 4th trip to Disney followed by our 9th Carnival cruise! You only turn 40 once, ya might as well go big! :D

Thank you!

I think celebrating at Disney is a MUST and adding a cruise onto that sounds like so much fun! I agree go big or go home. Lol

Good to know they aren't the only ones that preferred SM at DLR! Thank you, Disney mugs and Christmas ornaments are also the two things I collect. My Christmas tree is almost completely Disney ornaments. I have been collecting for quite some time.

Thank you, I had the most amazing 40th! I don't know how I will ever top it. Lol
My tree is too.... I've been collecting for 17 years now. :) I know what you mean ….. My 40th birthday this year is going to be hard to beat. I want to turn 40 EVERY YEAR!

My tree is too.... I've been collecting for 17 years now. :) I know what you mean ….. My 40th birthday this year is going to be hard to beat. I want to turn 40 EVERY YEAR!

You're right it will be hard to beat. Maybe we should celebrate every birthday from here on out like its our 40th! You only live once right?!?!

The funny thing is we will be at WDW on my actual birthday this year. I wasn't able to get a reservation at Be Our Guest, but I will continue trying to see if anyone cancels. If we don't get in then I know it wasn't meant to be, but its worth a shot. :)

Day 7
Until next time Disney World!

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was that none of us had early flights home this morning. We were able to sleep in and enjoy breakfast together, along with a few of the treats we picked up in Epcot the day before. In case you were wondering I still had one of the carrot cake cookies leftover from HS so I went ahead and ate half of that for my breakfast. I am technically still on vacation so sweets for breakfast is completely acceptable!!! :)

I still had some souvenir shopping to do for our families so once we loaded up and said good-bye to our lovely home for the last week we headed to Disney Springs. I knew just what I was looking for so I it wouldn't take me too long, but holy moly did I underestimate how many people would be at World of Disney on a Saturday around lunch time! The line was crazy long so I told Casey to get in line while I grabbed what I needed. I got the merchandise and hopped in the line just as Casey made it to the front. I am so glad I had him get in the line when I did. We made our way back to the car with all the souvenirs and were on our way to the airport.

Karin was flying out over three hours later than us so she dropped us off at the airport and then headed to Kennedy Space Center. Once we checked in and dropped off our baggage we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Chick-Fil-A and then made our way through security. This was one of those days I was glad we had TSA pre-check! We had a quick flight from Orlando to Miami, which was really bumpy. There were a few young kids towards the back of the plane that were laughing and screaming like it was a ride at DW. I was so happy to hear their excitement because it made me less nervous about how turbulent the flight was.

Once in Miami it felt like we had to run a mile from our arrival gate to the departure gate for our next flight. We got to the gate and they were already midway through boarding. Luckily, the plane wasn’t full so we easily found room in the overhead bins for our carry-ons and most importantly Caleb’s Banshee. I was not going to risk putting that with the checked baggage. LOL!

We were all loaded up and ready to taxi out when we stopped for several minutes. After a long wait the pilot informed us that there was a maintenance issue and they were trying to get it fixed so we could depart. I believe we were delayed around 40 minutes, but all checked out good and we were finally able to take off. This plane had Inflight Entertainment so we were able to watch free movies and TV shows the entire flight. This made the time go by pretty fast on this long flight.

We arrived back at SFO a little after 9 pm, not much later than the original time despite the delay in Miami. We went down to retrieve our luggage and then to hunt up the shuttle to the long-term parking garage. Luckily, we didn't have to wait very long. It is a little over a three hour drive to our house from SFO so instead we would just drive an hour and a half and stay at my MIL's. We could fill her in on our wonderful trip, give her the souvenir we purchased for her and get a good nights rest before heading home in the morning.

Overall, we had the most amazing time on our vacation! I am beyond excited for our upcoming trips in August, October and November!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!