Delete Thread

I just caught up! When in September are you guys going? We will be there for Labor Day week. Sept 1-8th is the plan for now. I kinda wanted to go the week after because they have the moonlight madness at DHS for DVC but there prices of hotels go up a lot that week and of course a lot of DVC hotels are booked. Oh well.

Your v-day looks so yummy! They closed the melting pot that was in my building at work so I haven’t been to one in a while. But I might have to make a trip to one soon because I miss fondue!

I was looking up the closest Melting Pot locations after reading this... I love the teeny martinis! They all sounded good too! Maybe we will aim for the Melting Pot for our next big date night... thoughh I'm not sure when that will be, since my off weekends are pretty spoken for. Errands this weekend, next one a party back home, next one a wedding back home, next a wedding in Cali... I'm stressing out just thinking about it!

I like @buzzrellys picture though :) Excellent advice!

Very true! My boss is very easy going I just always get anxious when asking for extra time off because the boss I had before him was a huge jerk :rotfl: He told me in 7 months he's sure they can find someone to cover for me (although I'm sure they'll only remember to do it at the last minute) so that sounds like a yes to me.
Wait, do we work at the same place? :rotfl: That's exactly how my boss is, but she is retiring next week. :sad1: Not sure yet how the new one will be...

I'm not sure I posted to you last fall, but I followed along on your Sept trip report as I just missed you that trip. I was at both USO and WDW in October last year. It was my third F&W trip and also my first HHN experience - WHOA! So fun, but such a late night!

This year, I will be taking a spontaneous trip from May 12-18 (and tagging along with my parents), so if you end up doing Epcot on the 12th, we may catch one another! I have only been to F&G once and that was 10 years ago before it was actually a big event. I am SO excited to get to experience it this year. Typically I have done F&W trips in the past. I will definitely miss that this year, but unfortunately my job responsibilities have shifted a bit and doing the Sept/Oct trip is becoming exponentially more difficult!

Following along and hope you have a fantastic trip!

I'm FINALLY reading the Vday update and FINALLY googling to see where the closest Melting Pot is located. Two hours away, by the way, but it's where the boys' grandparents live, so doable!

I'm loving all the martinis with strawberry flavors, yum!!

I am liking your changes and I want to eat at allll of those places. I have been thinking about Skipper's ever since we left last month. The first time we ate there was good, but last time was pretty darn amazing (mostly Matt's food :rotfl: good thing he shared!). We literally talk about the Hot and Sour Soup every day. Every day.

Every. Day.

I am trying to find any way possible to get back down there, I'm going crazy!

I can't wait for the TR b/c you have so much awesome stuff going on!!

PORS was available for about the same price (overall $60 more) for the 4th-9th (our Disney dates if we did Disney first). I didn't really expect anything to come up as available for over the weekend especially a garden view room (the royal rooms had been all that was available previously and we actually had to book a water view at CSR). So we flipped it!

Awesome! I've never actually stayed at either, but I like the look of POR and POFQ better, personally, though I'm sure they're all fine…except for CBR which I hate :laughing:

SF was actually cheaper for our new dates (hence why it's only $60 more).

But you don't get the EP…you don't mind going without it? It seems people on the UO side are pretty adamant about needing it, though you've been there a lot so you know what you're doing. I'm just curious...

Which means we're under 10 weeks
Woohoo!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

And as you all know...

1LdyIex.gif
What?! You?! No way :laughing:

Your plans look good! Now... hurry up, May! ::yes::

I’ve also really wanted to stay at SF again, and the other hotels were a lot pricier for this time of year.

We were planning on going back to UO in April, but all of the hotels with the EP were so outrageous. We ended up ditching the whole plan and booked a three night cruise on the Wonder, for about the same money as three nights at HRH…I'm kind of bummed about not going back, especially because I wanted to check out VB. If we could have gotten the EPs for Sapphire or even CBBR, we would have gone in a second.

Sounds like a great plan. We really LOVED our stay at POR back in December. I would stay there again in an instant. We were ALMOST going to end up at CS this upcoming trip until Shades of Green opened up. I've never stayed there or CB and would have been interesting in trying either one.

I will say we did like some of the dinner options at POFQ better, but it was a nice stroll over there to eat.

Super delayed reply--I LOVE your martini selfies! Haha I love the garlic and wine seasoning so much I buy a container every time I go there. So sad I haven't been in forever!

Your new plans sound great! I love POR...Riverside Mill is terrific and the grounds are sooo pretty. I love your dining too--La Hacienda and Yachtsman are favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!