Turning 26 At Flower & Garden's 25th-May 2018 PTR- 5/14 New TR & DTR Links Up

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Raeven, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

26th Bday Trip-16 weeks

Okay so let's talk food and ADRs!

[​IMG]

Right now I have:

5/6-California Grill Brunch-11:35 am
    Skippers Canteen-7 pm

5/7-
    Flower and Garden
    Yachtsman Steakhouse-8 pm

5/8-Homecomin-11:30 or Dluxe

Depends on plans

5/9-The Plaza-11 am
    Citricos-6:30 pm

5/10-Depends on plans
    Edison-9 pm

5/11-Sanaa-12:25 pm
    Boma-9 pm

5/12-Garden Grill-9:35 am
    Flower & Garden

I'm trying not to repeat too many places, and I'm still undecided on a few of the days; but that's what I have for now!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Best gif ever! I love Salem!

I hope you keep the Edison b/c I realllly need to see you review it!

And I hope you have as good of an experience at Citrico's as we did. We literally talk about it at least once a day.

Raeven likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Yummmm.....

I agree about you keeping the Edison! You are my guinea pig here!

Raeven likes this.
  5. Neverland_Girl

Neverland_Girl Mouseketeer

Your ADRs look so good! I'm patiently waiting for them to release the menus for F&G so I can plan what I'm going to stuff my face with.

Raeven likes this.
  6. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Me too! I have lots of Salem gifs :rotfl:

I really want to go! The only thing that concerns me is all the Patina Group restaurants don't seem to have GF options. At least Edison looks like some of the items could possibly be made GF, but we'll have to see.

I can't wait to go! Between you and @ariane37 I've heard so many good things.

It's definitely one I want to check out. Like I mentioned to @xlsm I'm concerned with the lack of GF options in the new Patina Group restaurants, but the Edison looks most likely to have at least 2-3 choices that might work. Whereas the rest are mostly pizza and pasta so if they don't have a GF alternative there isn't really anything to choose from.

I can't wait to see the F&G menus!

7. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

I'm also curious about this... hopefully they'll seta new precedent here...

Raeven likes this.
  8. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Yum!

I'm trying to decide if we go back to Homecomin' in two weeks (!)... again.

I want to do California Grill brunch really bad too. I started planning a long weekend trip... and then realized it's the weekend my cousin gets married. Darn her, interfering with my Disney food!

Raeven likes this.
  9. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

I totally get that, but it's so hard because I love doing my favorites! I wish I could eat like 6 meals a day, then I wouldn't have that problem :laughing:

Your list looks great! I'm especially anxious to read about a few of them, as they're new to me!

Raeven likes this.
  10. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

It's so good...I want to try other places but it's so good...I'm still undecided too.

It's so inconvenient that it's only on Sundays! She should just get married at the California Grill so you can go :rotfl:

Yes! If I had the room and money for 6 meals at Disney I would!

I'm still deciding on it :rotfl: I think that post was so short because I hadn't figured out many of the adrs yet and when I made this post I sat down to think about it, and I ended up working on it for like 2 hours :laughing: I can't wait to review some new ones though!

Tracy161 and amalone1013 like this.
  11. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Exactly! :rotfl:

Not going to lie, I haven't cancelled anything yet. I love her to death, but I could definitely see her as deciding to skip the wedding and just go to the courthouse, especially as they just had a baby in October...

Raeven likes this.
  12. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

26th Bday Trip-15 weeks

So last week when I went to write my post about our ADR's for May, it was actually the first time I really sat down and thought about them. It took me like 3 hours to write that post because I didn't really have any plans (despite already making the ADRs). Now that it's been another week, and I've been able to really get my plans in order I have some adjustments and questions for you all.

So let's talk food again! :rotfl:

[​IMG]

5/6-California Grill Brunch-11:35 am
    Skippers Canteen-7 pm
    Park: MK

So we decided to only do the first 2 days in USO (even though we'll be at the hotel till Monday. Originally I was going to do 3 days and go to Volcano Bay, but we decided to leave that for Sep and go before HHN one night possibly). I asked Josh if he wanted to do a day at Volcano Bay or the Cali Grill brunch and he agreed the brunch was a way better idea for the price :laughing:

5/7-The Plaza-11 am
    Citricos-6:35 pm
    Park: MK

The Plaza actually has a new bread pudding, which totally seals the deal for me. Maybe this trip will be a quest for the best bread pudding? :scratchin I switched the park to MK because it has EMH that night, and the days I picked before were completely random anyway.

5/8-F&G
    La Hacienda-6:45 pm
    Park: Epcot

I was torn between Maya Grill or La Hacienda, but I just like the menu better for La Hacienda so that won out even though the Maya Grill is right in our hotel. Someday we'll get there! This night also has Epcot EMH.

5/9-Dluxe Burger
    Yachtsman-7 pm
    Park:?

This day I'm unsure if we should go to HS or Epcot or do a no parks day. :laughing: I can move Yachtsman later since I don't think we'll be trying to catch any night shows. It feels weird to go to Disney and skip HS, but at the same time I don't really have anything I want to do there, and I've heard a rumor TSMM might be closed. If TSMM is open I'm not sure if it's worth it to go for that. We always have fun in HS, but with Josh having a ticket instead of an AP I'm not sure it's "worth it" to go somewhere for one ride. I've heard rumors about an AP preview for Toy Story Land (which I'd go to if that was during our week) but I don't know if that's true and Josh wouldn't be able to join me because he won't have an AP.

5/10-House of Blues-11:30 or 1 pm?
    Boma-8 pm
    Park:?

This is where I have another question. This day is totally open, but we've had waterpark tickets forever. We've never used them, because we aren't waterpark people, but I feel like we should at least go and use them eventually, and May is the only time we go where it will definitely be waterpark weather and we'll have the time. So should we go for a few hours or wait for another trip? We do want to see Infinity War and do The Void if it's still open so we will have things to do if we go to DS.

I also can't reserve House of Blues yet because online it says you can only book a few weeks out? I've never considered going here before but I read they have some GF stuff (that was my worry about HOB), and a great bread pudding so I'm definitely on board, I just don't want to miss out on the ADRs.

5/11-Tusker House-10:30 am
    Edison-9 pm
    Park: AK

I decided I wanted to check out the TH "brunch", it has some overlap with Boma but I still feel like it's different enough. Maybe I'll be able to compare the two afterwards. We don't plan to stay at AK late so I moved the Edison here since I figured Friday night the entertainment would be out. We'll also snack at the Nomad Lounge in between, and since there's such a gap between meals we'll definitely be hungry enough to go this time! :thumbsup2

5/12-Garden Grill-9:35 am
    Sanaa-2:55 pm
    Park: Epcot

I'm not sure if this is cutting it too close together, but this was the last "lunch" time ADR at Sanaa, and our flight is around 8 pm, so we probably have to get going around 5 pm if we're using ME so I didn't want to make any ADR's after 3 pm. I was going to make this a second F&G day, but there's usually limited choices for Josh so I don't think we could do 2 meals worth of food for him, plus we can share food at Sanaa if we're not super hungry.

So that's what I have for now! I want to try mostly new places or new meals at places we've already been/new menu items, and I think there's a good mix. At USO I want to do Margaritaville, Vivo, Strongwater Tavern, and I'm thinking of trying a place on International Drive too.

Since I didn't type much last week I'm going to include a life update here!

It's been so cold :cold:, and it's finally easing up a little so I'm hoping soon maybe I'll have some events or meals to describe in this PTR to keep things a little more lively when I don't have planning updates :rotfl:. It's just been way too cold to leave the house, and all I've been doing on the weekends is watching vlogs, and episodes of The OC and Bring It. (My new years resolution is to finally finish The OC after all these years, and I'm almost there :laughing:).

[​IMG]

I also did my taxes early, and I already know what I'm spending the return on :laughing: (Although some of it isn't too fun). I need new tires and HHN tickets should be on sale soon, anything that's left will probably be for new sneakers and paying towards our hotel in May, but it always feels nice to be able to buy something outright (like the tickets that can be kind of pricey) instead of worrying about it later. (As an aside I can't actually believe we're only one month into the year and already I'm buying things for September, but I'm already so ready for it to be HHN time). :rotfl:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  13. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Best quest ever!!

Ooh, I like both of these choices! We don't do TH every trip like some people do, but we like it. I find it a bit different from Boma, even though there's a bit of overlap, like you say. The food has been pretty good when we've gone (not quite on Boma level for me, but I'm biased!) And the characters are so cute in their safari gear! The only thing that's not my fave about this brunch is how I find it's felt pretty crowded and noisy any time we've been there. But it's a happenin' spot!

I really hope you get to try out the Nomad Lounge! We were never really lounge people before going there...I don't think I'd ever even been in a lounge at Disney, but it has definitely changed our mindset...

[​IMG]

:rotfl2:

Never too early for a little Halloween spirit!

Raeven likes this.
  14. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Yes :rotfl:

Yeah we've done TH twice for breakfast, and I liked it a lot, but usually we don't prefer to do too many character meals. We tried to do like all of them our first trip :rotfl: (I think we did like one every day), and after our first trip we've done less breakfasts (because at home we're not really breakfast people anyway), and had more focus on how good the food is. But I'm kind of curious about the lunch menu, and I know there's bread pudding there :rotfl2:

Me too! We sat in there briefly when we visited Tiffins and I love it! I really liked the Territory Lounge too besides the waiter who wouldn't stop asking Josh if he needed anything :laughing:

Btw I recently looked and I do not see the amazing burger on the Territory Lounge menu anymore (that was a contender for places to eat if it was still there).

Right! There's only two seasons in a year Halloween and Christmas. :lmao:

MeghanEmily likes this.
  15. Neverland_Girl

Neverland_Girl Mouseketeer

Yes!! I fully support this quest!

I'm not a waterpark person so I wouldn't choose to do them but if you have the tickets I'd just get it over with haha. You could make the day before a DS day if you don't do HS.

Raeven likes this.
  16. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Love, love, loved brunch at Cali Grill. It was absolute perfection.
    Citricos is now one of our fav Sigs.
    Returning to The Plaza in June.
    Skipper Canteens and Yachtsman are wonderful too!!!
    GREAT ADR's!

Raeven likes this.
  17. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

I'm still deciding about the waterpark, I've been thinking of switching some things around, but I still don't really want to go :rotfl:

Yes we loved it when we went last year! :thumbsup2

Jenny Sanders likes this.
  18. MissMaryQC

MissMaryQC DIS Veteran

So somehow, in my disappearing act from the DIS I stopped popping over to your reports. I'm gonna admit that I'm not up to date here, but I know how much you like to change plans (as I like to make changes myself) so I read the first and last post and I'll catch up soon, promise! :thumbsup2

Yes please! I love that you guys do so many ADRs, I wish DH was a foodie; you're so lucky!

Yes and yes! Some day I'll eat both these meals, in the meantime, I'm gonna look at your pictures!

He's a keeper! ::yes::

Really?! I wasn't wowed with their lunch selections when we went in 2015, might have to pop back in there though; I love a good BP.

YES!!! What a quest! Speaking of bread pudding, if your local Nordstrom has a Bistro (gotta be a Bistro not a Bazile) they have an incredible White Chocolate Bread Pudding. Be warned, it's 2,000 calories, but oh so yummy! Especially on cold days with a cup of coffee.:cold:

DO it! We had a blast at Blizzard Beach in May of 2015. The weather is great for the water and it's not so hot your bare feet burn on the pavement.

Yes and yes! TH is a favorite of ours and I'm dying to get to Edison; that steampunk look is a fave of mine!

Good plan!

Yum! We sat next the window when we went for dinner in 2012, feels like a lifetime ago, and it was so nice.

::yes::::yes::

Smart lady! We gotta get on ours, asap.

You are such a Halloweeny! I love it! DD is turning into a fan of fear. My tiny 3 year old is currently watching Goosebumps on Netflix (totally holds up btw, but you might be a little young to remember it). I can't wait to get her to a HHN! 10 years maybe fewer if this keeps up, lol!

Raeven likes this.
  19. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

I haven't posted much in this PTR yet so I think you're caught up! :thumbsup2 I'm still changing places around, and haven't decided for sure on a couple yet, and I haven't had much planning news.

I probably need to eliminate or switch some to fit in with the budget I made :rotfl: But we love our vacation food!

:thumbsup2

I agree, I like that decision!

We split a burger there in like 2015, and it was decent but I don't remember much about it. I've heard some good reviews since though. Yes! It's butterscotch. I saw a review on DisneyFoodBlog like 2 weeks ago.

Ooo yum. Although I don't think we have a Nordstorm Bistro in the state. (If we did it would probably be in NYC somewhere).

:confused3 I'm still considering all options, but I'm leaning away from using the waterpark tickets this time. I really won't do much of anything there so it seems like a waste of a morning.

I think we may be cutting TH for another character meal because we've done it before :rotfl: But I do really want to try the Edison! Still waiting for any news of GF options there though.

:laughing: I'm really excited I actually got my return yesterday! That's less than 2 weeks after I filed too.

Halloween is the best! And HHN is so much fun lol I hope you get to go in the future! Oh yes that was on when I was a kid, I have to admit though I was more than a bit of a chicken as a kid :rotfl: I preferred Are you Afraid of the Dark? to Goosebumps, but I would pretty much cry all night and not sleep if I watched either so I wasn't supposed to watch them :lmao: I slept with all the lights on and hated scary stories, but I grew into liking horror movies when I got a little older.

MissMaryQC likes this.
  20. iheartbelle87

iheartbelle87 DIS Veteran

Hey girl! I'm finally all caught up!

Don't ever let that man go :cutie:

Love the cup! and now I want nachos...

Oh. My. Geeee. I remeber hearing about that girl...

SOOO sweet! and I love their names!

adorable!

corn pudding?! I've never heard of this! looks delicious

AWW I want to see Coco!

MMM I've been trying to get Cali Grill Brunch reservations !

UGH, I hope TSMM isn't closed!

I'd say wait... I havent been to any of the Water Parks since 2011, but I remember the lines being so long.

Awesome!!

Raeven likes this.
  21. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

:thumbsup2

Haha, definitely!

:rotfl:

Somehow they are still together! I guess they just decided to forget about that night or something. Josh has only hung out with his friend one on one since then so I haven't had to see her since :laughing:

His mom's other pets are Clover, Ginger, and Cinnamon so they had to be named after spices :laughing:

It's so good! (And apparently not a common thing because someone else told me they had never heard of it). Here's a recipe that I imagine is similar to what my dad makes, I know there's sweet versions but the one he makes isn't sweet: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/corn-pudding

It was good!

Is there anything available for your Sunday? I think we grabbed one of the last slots on ours.

Me too! If they aren't operating that and there isn't any preview for Toy Story Land I don't know if we'll go to HS.

:scratchin well if you say so! Can you tell I don't want to go? :rotfl:

iheartbelle87 likes this.