turkey question, please...

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
Hi everyone,

On Christmas Eve, I plan to serve a ham and a turkey breast. I was thinking of roasting the turkey breast the day before (one less thing to do that day) but I'm wondering how to keep the turkey from tasting "left-overish" for the dinner. I'm afraid when I reheat the turkey, it's gonna be way dry.

Any thoughts?

Hercamore:D :D :D :D

Can you warm it in an oven bag with a little broth and keep it moist? Martha would probably recommend a cheese cloth cover and basting on low heat.

I often do this. I go ahead and slice the meat, put it in a pan with some of the turkey broth, cover and refrigerate. Then, I reheat with the broth. When heated, I remove it from the broth and put it onto the platter. It always comes out fine for me. I've never tried to keep the breast whole, so I can't speak for that.

Thanks MP, I think I'll just do ahead a roast it the day before, slice it, and use the broth over so it doesn't dry out.

Hercamore

Sorry this is so late, but my sister just got back to me. She does her turkey the day ahead & I asked her how she does it.

"Roast as normal, carve, return to roaster and cover with broth/drippings. Reheat the next day at 350 for an hour or two....until hot. (We out it in a smaller roaster since room is at a premium in the oven.)
Seems MOST people have been doing this once they have heard about it. My hair guy said they have been doing it for years and years and years and mentioned that obviously restaurants do it or how else would they be able to serve their customers. (He wraps in tin foil which we found unacceptable.)"

This implies that she stores it in the roaster; however, at T'giving she had the meat in a small foil pan instead. She also told me that she uses College Inn broth if there isn't enough broth or drippings.

I hope everything goes well for you! :D :D

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter