TS Dinning review 11/23 to 12/3

isyne4u

<font color=blue>Next time I get a craving for cak
Just got back last night and I'm already hating the fact that I have to fix my own food for another year!! hehehe

My group included my mother, ds6 (who doesn't eat) and ds2 (who eats anything not nailed down!) We were on the dining plan and made really good use of it!!

I'm not into big reviews so this will be relatively short for each restaurant:

Crystal Palace...ate there on Thanksgiving night and it was wonderful!! All the food was great and I fell in love with the corn pudding thingy! yummy. We also ate there a few nights later as a kind of spur of the moment thing...we walked right up and got a table!! it was every bit as good that night as well. Our server wasn't as attentive but it wasn't bad!

Le Cellier...we had a fabulous meal here. My filet was cooked to perfection and was melt in your mouth tender! My mom had the New York strip and said it was one of the best she had tasted. The cheese soup was fantastic as our app. Our only complaint was the Creme' Brulee desert...for $6 you got two bites of food. It tasted out of this world but there was very little of it. Overall an A+ meal!

Sci-Fi...this place is always fun. My boys loved sitting in the front seat of the car and acting like they were driving! We were unimpressed with the onion rings but the artichoke dip was great and the hamburger was huge!! I ordered the chocolate milkshake as my dessert and a cherry diet coke for my drink! We ordered one kids meal and my boys shared it (actually the 6 year old ate nothing and the 2 year old ate most of it.) The six year old is on meds that make him not hungry so I knew he wasn't going to eat much anyway. When it was dessert time I ordered the ice cream sundae knowing that the baby was going to eat it. But the server was very kind and brought out two sundaes so no one would be without a dessert! :faint: DS6 was conned into eating it since mom was stealing all the mickey heads off of it!! hehehehe

Boma...wow!! this place is amazing as usual! The Prime Rib was sinfully delicious and the Boma mustard I want to bottle and take home. I took ds6 to Simba's Cubhouse that night and let him enjoy some time with kids while mom and ds2 and I ate dinner. Our server was a bit slow and tried to charge the 2 year old a kids meal but she was quick to change it when we pointed it out! We were so full when we left that all we wanted to do was go to the Savanah and take a nap with the animals!

Best Friends Breakfast at Ohana's...We've never eaten breakfast there before so this was a nice change and it was really good. Our server was great and kept our glasses filled and the food coming. The characters all came around to see us and the boys even go to do the parade around the restaurant with the characters.

Whispering Canyon...we ate a late breakfast here one morning and it was outstanding. Our server was MT and she was perfectly cranky!! :rotfl: She even through a plate in the floor! The table next to us apparenlty hadn't heard about WC so they were a bit taken aback by the performance! We saw a Brother Dave who had us in stitches the entire time...he even announced that one of the couples he was serving were just dating and yet they were sharing a hotel room! :rotfl: I thought they were going to pee their pants they were laughing so hard!!

Coral Reef...We didn't have a very good table...the baby couldn't see the fish very well, but other than that the food was very good. I am a picky seafood eater so there wasn't much on the menu for me. But my mom had the Lobster Bisque and said it was good but a little salty and I had the shrimp cocktail. I got it without the asain sauce because I prefer the old fashioned shrimp with red cocktail sauce. I had the mahi mahi dish but subbed the wasabi potatoes for the Israeli couscous and it was very good. I'm not a fish eater but this was good. For dessert we both had the Chocolate Wave. I could have eaten a few of these!!
the boys shared an entree so I ordered an extra build your own sundae for ds2 and told the server to add it to the other bill with our non DDP drinks ;) and she said no problem. When the bill got there she had added it to our DDP bill and it was paid for in that. :confused3 Not sure how she managed that so I left her a bigger tip!

Tony's...we ate here on the MVMCP night. It was fantastic. I had the Beef and Spinach Canelloni and it was fantastic. My mom had the New York steak. She said it was good but not nearly as good as the one at LeCellier. I had the calamari for my app and it was good but I wasn't crazy about the sauce that was on it. I also wasn't crazy when I reached in and instead of pulling out a calamari ring I pulled out an entire critter with legs deep fried :sick: I showed it to the server and he said that happens sometimes. I didn't eat any more!
For dessert I had an ice cream that I can't remember what it was called but it was chcolate ice cream with vanilla around it and then it sat on top of a small cake dipped in chocolate. It was very good. Mom had the tiramisu and liked it but she likes the one at Olive Garden much better.

Liberty Tree Tavern...We wanted to eat here for Thanksgiving but couldn't get in so we ate here another night. The food was wonderful. I loved their stuffing and their gravy was perfect! The characters spent lots of time with the kids and didn't act rushed.

1900 Park Fare...This buffett was good, not the best, but good. Nothing really stands out as especially good. The prime rib was very rare so that was good. We saw all the characters except Cindy. She finished at a table near us and then disappeared and when she returned it was in another room. So I found her handler and let him know that we had been inadvertantly missed and my boys were a little sad, could she come back by. He told me no problem and he worked it so we were able to walk over to her and get our pics done. I'm sure people thought we were being pushy but we just wanted to see her before she took off again. She was very gracious and didn't act like we were trouble.

I did see a stroller parked outside that had two green mickey heads strapped to it. So I left a note on it about seeing another diser. Inside I spoke to two more people who were disers. One I noticed a Passporter pack around her neck and asked her if she dised too and she did (I'm sorry I missed your screen name) and then I saw another one with a green mickey head on her bag and it was J,C,MDisneybound (I think that is right!) It was nice meeting some more disers!!

those were all of our TS. If you have any questions just ask!!
tara

Thanks for your reviews. We too loved Lecellier! Are you going to do a CS review too?

TigerKat said:
Thanks for your reviews. We too loved Lecellier! Are you going to do a CS review too?
Thanks! I will probably do the CS review tomorrow. I have to go out tonight and so I won't get to it tonight!!

tara

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for posting your reviews, I enjoyed reading them as I'm going to a lot of the same restaurants. :sunny:

Enjoyed your reviews very much! I like when people make them short! Yuck to the deep fried whole critter -- good thing I don't like calamari ... and can live to enjoy Tony's again! I think one of my next visits I want to try LTT so was glad to hear how much you liked it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter