Trying to replace a Disney World Souvenir

ScooterB1964

Earning My Ears
My daughter went to Disney World around ten years ago staying at Animal Kingdom and bought me a wire frame beaded tiger figurine (not Tigger). It went missing after a temporary move to my closet to make display room from a daddy daughter dance and I later learned she thought I threw it away! I have no idea why I can’t find it but tore my closet apart trying to find it and have spent years and 100s of hours on line trying to replace it. I can’t bear for her to think I threw it way as I still have nearly every birthday and Father’s Day card she gave me and every gift or school craft item she gave me etc.

Finally called and went through a series of e-mails to Disney World but once I found the right people they looked for my item and found the SKU # (400020876898) unfortunately they don’t currently have it in stock and have no way to know if it is on back order, if they will get any more in or a way to special order one.

Description wise I believe it was around 10” - 11” long hand crafted in a standing pose with the typical light orange and black striping, white underside, extended tail, open mouth with teeth and pink beads inside the mouth. Category wise trying to find it online it could literally fall into 6-8 different categories of items from collectibles, figurines, home decor, toys etc. Functionally it appeared too fragile to be a toy but it was definitely designed to appeal to a child’s taste in souvenirs (or sentimental value as a gift from a child).

I am so desperate to find a replacement and thought there might be someone here that possibly has one they no longer want/need or have some ideas on how to find more information about the item through the SKU like the manufacturer. It’s not a Disney trademarked item or character so I am looking for any and all options to find one but has been infinitely more difficult than I ever imagined possible.

All I can think of is to search for the item on eBay. Typically, when there is something that is no longer sold somewhere that's typically the first place I look and describe it as best as possible. It might be harder since it's a unique item and not character based, but that is typically what I do for anything I specifically want that is no longer being sold regardless of what the company is.

I'd also recommend checking your local hobby lobby ( if you have one ) - I know I've seen that type of item at them before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!