Trying to plan a surprise, quick question

All Tangled Up

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am planning to make advanced dining reservations as soon as they open up for my trip, I am travelling with a group of adults that will be using MDE app connected and linked to everything for the trip. I wanted a certain dinner to be a surprise and was wondering if I make a reservation will it show up in their MDE app? I just don't want to make the ADR, have them see it in the app, and the surprise is ruined. Thank you!

Anything booked in your MDE will show up in their MDE as well because the accounts are linked. You can set up a separate, unlinked account to make the reservation, perhaps using your first and middle name as your first name. It won't have any tickets or resort stays, so you can reserve the dining at exactly 180 days. Book for the correct number of guests, but you don't have to name them all. The reservation will not show up in your primary MDE or anyone else's. When you check in at the restaurant, it will be under the name on this account.

Anything booked in your MDE will show up in their MDE as well because the accounts are linked. You can set up a separate, unlinked account to make the reservation, perhaps using your first and middle name as your first name. It won't have any tickets or resort stays, so you can reserve the dining at exactly 180 days. Book for the correct number of guests, but you don't have to name them all. The reservation will not show up in your primary MDE or anyone else's. When you check in at the restaurant, it will be under the name on this account.
Thanks so much!!

If you make the reservation and have their contact say only see shared events - then they won't see it. Make the reservation and do not attach names to the guests - leave them blank. We are doing that now. Our friends daughter really wanted BOG for her birthday. We made sure her contact says only see shared events and she can't see the reservation - even though we are linked.

I hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!