• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to get Travel Time into Perspective.....

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
Since this trip is supposedly on a "Budget", I will be travelling using the Shuttle Service.

Can anybody fathom a guess as to how long it will take to travel from LAX to the GC?

Thanks In Advance.

janet

You can expect about 1 to 1.5 hours.

It usually takes me about 40 minutes to drive to the Disneyland Resort from LAX, but then you can factor in time to pick up other guests at the airport (there are 7 terminals) and then driving time. If there is bumper to bumper traffic it could take more (between 7-9am and 3-7pm).

I haven't been yet -- so I can't answer your question but I DO like your idea of a "budget"...the Grand Californian!! ;)

Have a good trip!

Thanks MaryJo!

FWDisFan ~ LOL! Some things are just worth it to break that "Budget"! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

Janet - I agree with your budget-buster! We are staying at the GC in January :cool1: (AND using Super Shuttle to shuttle us to/from the airport!) We are flying in to Orange County/John Wayne so I am hoping it won't take too long since it isn't LAX!

Orange County/John Wayne is the way to go. :) We have friends fly in from there all the time and you can basically be on Disney property within 20 minutes once you are in the car. Not sure how long a shuttle will take.

LAX is another story. It depends on traffic/time of the day. If there is no traffic, it could take as little as 40 minutes. Traffic can be a nightmare though, with bumper to bumper making the drive up to 2 hours.

We flew in and out of LAX this last trip. LAX security was a nightmare, not to mention the travel time between the airport and hotel. We really didn't plan that part well and got stuck in Monday afternoon traffic. It took us about an hour and a half to the GC from LAX.
Next time we fly into SNA, we did that last time and it was a whole lot easier.

Mary Jo will know this better than anyone - but at about midday on a Wednesday, with little traffic on the freeways, our supershuttle took us about 50 minutes from LAX to Anaheim HoJo.

Things you have to factor in:
-Shuttles leave about every 15 minutes, but may circle the airport til full (as ours did) so it was about half an hour from when we arrived at the stand and when our shuttle left LAX.

- we were also the last of four hotels it stopped at, but this only added about 5 minutes to the trip.

So, it took us 90 minutes from arriving at the Super shuttle stand to check in at the hotel and that was with the freeways clear of traffic.

Dis Ohana said:
We flew in and out of LAX this last trip. LAX security was a nightmare, not to mention the travel time between the airport and hotel. We really didn't plan that part well and got stuck in Monday afternoon traffic. It took us about an hour and a half to the GC from LAX.
Next time we fly into SNA, we did that last time and it was a whole lot easier.

I looked into flying into SNA but it's not a direct flight and the cost was the same!

We will be flying in on Saturday, so hopefully the traffic will be lighter!

The way I look at it, better to stuck in traffic in LA then stuck in snow!LOL

Thanks Everybody!

janet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter