Trump coming to Grand Floridian 12/7?

I was in WDW once when the President came. George H.W. Bush spoke outside American Adventure in Epcot. I think it was on the 20th anniversary in 1991. As I recall, all of World Showcase was blocked off for the duration of his visit.

OH Wow..I can't imagine it not having to be that way. There'd just be too many moving parts otherwise.

OH Wow..I can't imagine it not having to be that way. There'd just be too many moving parts otherwise.
Absolutely. It's too big and open of an area to secure otherwise. I'm sure it was invited guests only. I believe it had something to do with his 1000 points of light initiative.

View attachment 451021
This was from the time Obama did an address in front of the castle. It was pre park opening though. With Trump's visit, like the others have said, I think he would only go to the GF convention center and not the actual GF hotel.

love it love it love it.

Again I don’t care who theirs something majestic and cool about the president actual coming to Disney.

love it love it love it.

Again I don’t care who theirs something majestic and cool about the president actual coming to Disney.
My friend who works at the hall of presidents says they have a special meeting next week and everyone is excited. I just wonder.

Sorry if I missed it...but would he actually fly into MCO? I don't know what the options are around Orlando, but when he flies to Houston (or any president, for that matter) he does not use our main airports. I think it's more secure and less disruptive when they have cities where they're able to do this.

Things could change for this trip, but in previous trips to central Florida Air Force One has landed at MCO. Obviously, they do not park at a regular gate!

You could also check the FAA's website for temporary flight restrictions (TFRs) at MCO it will tell you if the airspace will be shutdown and for what time period. I got stuck in Pittsburgh due to VP (Biden) flying in. The bad part is the TFR was announced the day before but the airline didn't update the itenerary until it was closer to leave. Delayed my trip but I scored some miles when I showed them the FAA website :)

I will say it is geared towards pilots but if you scroll down to the operation restrictions it will tell you what is allowed or not. If you see one will be in place I would call ahead and see if they are anticipating any flight delays.

Last edited:
For sure. I didn't see Obama's arrival as I was already in the ballroom where he was going to be speaking but I did see Biden's arrival. He came in a back service entrance. Prior to his arrival, they set up an opaque black fabric tunnel long enough to hold the whole motorcade. The cars then arrived and pulled into that. The black tunnel extended all the way to the door into the building which took him through back service passages to the stage where he was speaking. He was never out in the open in any unsecured area. So if anyone is expecting to see Trump stroll through the GF lobby, fuhgeddaboudit. Unless you are attending the event he is there for, you aren't likely to even get a glimpse.
Biden coming into PHL airspace was my worst experience as I was coming from an overseas business trip and got delayed long enough that all connecting flights had left. I was forced to search for a hotel for the night and missed my son's birthday party. I never lived that one down being he is an only child.

Biden coming into PHL airspace was my worst experience as I was coming from an overseas business trip and got delayed long enough that all connecting flights had left. I was forced to search for a hotel for the night and missed my son's birthday party. I never lived that one down being he is an only child.
@chainkid - I'm so sorry that happened to you, that just made me sad reading that. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!