*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

We have a 2500hd with 6 1/2' bed and a sliding hitch but with the design of our front cap we have never had to pull the slider. I was using a Curt slider until recently upgrading to a Demco Autoslider. Haven't used the new hitch but super impressed with the quality of the build. I think each individual setup is different - hitch, pin box, cap on 5er. Kind of trial and error with someone closely watching until the truck is at almost 90 degrees or the trailer is going to hit the truck. I can get mine almost 90 degrees but it was always to close for comfort for me which is why I upgraded to an autoslider. Also the levelness of the ground can have an effect as well. Much to consider and take into consideration. My uncle creased his F350 on both sides of his cab from his set up. It can happen but like I said many factors involved. Good luck with it!!

We are gonna need some side steps, hitch receiver step and mud flaps. Anyone know a reasonable & dependable site for these?

Try RVUpgrades.com, they have good prices, ship quickly. I have used them for the last few years and been very happy with them.

Chris and Denise,

Nice new acquisitions. They both look great. Chris may need to find a new site at GSP to fit that monster. Nah, you'll fit just like me. Trailer pushed way back. Truck in the grass. No problem.

j

Its been a month or two since I was here last. Obviously, no Fort trips planned so not as much to talk about. But I too picked up a new tow vehicle recently. Sold the 2015 F350 and flew from NC to Ohio to pick up this F450.

No Fort trips coming up but three Myrtle Beach trips and two lake trips planned for the summer. I'm ready to go....

Its been a month or two since I was here last. Obviously, no Fort trips planned so not as much to talk about. But I too picked up a new tow vehicle recently. Sold the 2015 F350 and flew from NC to Ohio to pick up this F450.

No Fort trips coming up but three Myrtle Beach trips and two lake trips planned for the summer. I'm ready to go....

Very nice set up there. Small and quaint just like mine.

Dang! That thing is bigger than my house! Given the truck and the trailer probably pretty close to my mortgage too. Have fun and good luck with the new ride.

I still have the same tow vehicle my lovely degovernmentzied 08 F-450, but I've upgraded fifthwheels to a new Voltage 3990 toy hauler.

received_1343943265641249_zpsjp7c20su.jpeg

This was pick up day in the rain,

20170605_154048_zpsemfoni6f.jpg

Don't think I'll be using the patio much at the Fort.

I still have the same tow vehicle my lovely degovernmentzied 08 F-450, but I've upgraded fifthwheels to a new Voltage 3990 toy hauler.

received_1343943265641249_zpsjp7c20su.jpeg

This was pick up day in the rain,

20170605_154048_zpsemfoni6f.jpg

Don't think I'll be using the patio much at the Fort.

Very Nice, Need a pretty deep site for that patio...

You guys have some seriously cool rigs.

Yeah, they do don't they. Mine is 35 feet and when I camp anywhere near Teamubr or Southalabama5er I suddenly realize how BamaEd must feel. However, Ed doesn't seem to mind and probably laughs himself to sleep knowing he can park his in his garage and the rest of us need a large barn. Or, in the case of Teamubr and Southalabama5er, an airport hangar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!