Trouble with preordering magic bands ?!

I am so very frustrated with this. I have tried repeatedly to order a specific magic band through MDE. Keep getting errors. I see it on shopdisney so I decide to pay full price and try to order it. Can't ship to Canada. This has been the most frustrating thing I have ever tried to do with Disney. Why is this so complicated? Our last bands were shipped to home. And according to posts on the DIS this is a londstanding problem. Why can't/won't that just fix it!!! :mad:

I am so very frustrated with this. I have tried repeatedly to order a specific magic band through MDE. Keep getting errors. I see it on shopdisney so I decide to pay full price and try to order it. Can't ship to Canada. This has been the most frustrating thing I have ever tried to do with Disney. Why is this so complicated? Our last bands were shipped to home. And according to posts on the DIS this is a londstanding problem. Why can't/won't that just fix it!!! :mad:
I dont like that it will let you get all the way to the payment screen and then tells you there is an error. Not that something is sold out... just an error. Then a couple days later it will remove it bc it is sold out... but by some miracle you can select that band from the list (again) yet you get the same error when trying to pay.

Also, I find it less than ideal that you have to order all the bands at one time and can't buy one for one person and then in a month buy another one for someone else.

I agree that there has to be a better way to let Disney take our money ;)

I just purchased two magicbands. Got the Stitch one for DD. Really wanted the Park Food one for myself, but it’s not available. I know I must order both bands together. So I picked the White Castle one instead. I wouldn’t want to wait and miss the Stitch one. The payment went through with no problem. I expected difficulties. Afterwards, I received a confirmation email matching the bands to the wrong names. Seriously! I called Disney at the number shown on the confirmation email. Waited 20 min. Then the wonderful CM confirmed that the bands are in fact linked to the right person. Oh goodness! What a scare!! I used a Canadian US dollar Visa card for the payment and it went well. Keep trying and pixie dust!

I just purchased two magicbands. Got the Stitch one for DD. Really wanted the Park Food one for myself, but it’s not available. I know I must order both bands together. So I picked the White Castle one instead. I wouldn’t want to wait and miss the Stitch one. The payment went through with no problem. I expected difficulties. Afterwards, I received a confirmation email matching the bands to the wrong names. Seriously! I called Disney at the number shown on the confirmation email. Waited 20 min. Then the wonderful CM confirmed that the bands are in fact linked to the right person. Oh goodness! What a scare!! I used a Canadian US dollar Visa card for the payment and it went well. Keep trying and pixie dust!
I tried ordering yesterday, using my USD Canadian Visa. No luck.

Update: I phoned Disney IT today after 2 days of trying and CM went into my profile to fix province abbreviation. I had done it myself but it didn’t change in the system. However it didn’t help. He told me they’re aware of the problem for Canadians and are working on a fix.
Thankfully I have time, my trip isn’t till August. Surely it will be fixed by then!

Update: I phoned Disney IT today after 2 days of trying and CM went into my profile to fix province abbreviation. I had done it myself but it didn’t change in the system. However it didn’t help. He told me they’re aware of the problem for Canadians and are working on a fix.
Thankfully I have time, my trip isn’t till August. Surely it will be fixed by then!
Pixie dust!

It's not a Canadian issue. It is a stock issue. Those in the US trying to get upgraded bands get the same error message. There have been previous threads dealing with this exact issue.

Despite the fact that you can get all the way to the order page and submit your order before getting the error, be assured that if the band is actually in stock, your payment will go through. You will get an error if there is no stock despite whatever the stock page might show.

I went through the exact same thing last year trying to get upgraded bands for my trip this month. I tried religiously for 2 months to get bands and finally managed to get 3 upgraded bands and 1 regular band (had 4 upgraded bands in the cart but my order did not go through until I figured out which band was actually out of stock and swapped it out for a regular band). It was an extremely frustrating process. When I emailed Disney about the error, they told me it is a stock issue, that they were aware of it, and they were trying to fix it. That was 4 months ago - looks like nothing has changed.

For what it is worth, the stock page used to update almost every hour at the 43rd minute (I.e. 2:43, 3:43, 4:43, etc). Not sure if that is still the case.

Good luck to those trying for upgraded bands! Hope the effort pays off! :)

It's not a Canadian issue. It is a stock issue. Those in the US trying to get upgraded bands get the same error message. There have been previous threads dealing with this exact issue.

Despite the fact that you can get all the way to the order page and submit your order before getting the error, be assured that if the band is actually in stock, your payment will go through. You will get an error if there is no stock despite whatever the stock page might show.

I went through the exact same thing last year trying to get upgraded bands for my trip this month. I tried religiously for 2 months to get bands and finally managed to get 3 upgraded bands and 1 regular band (had 4 upgraded bands in the cart but my order did not go through until I figured out which band was actually out of stock and swapped it out for a regular band). It was an extremely frustrating process. When I emailed Disney about the error, they told me it is a stock issue, that they were aware of it, and they were trying to fix it. That was 4 months ago - looks like nothing has changed.

For what it is worth, the stock page used to update almost every hour at the 43rd minute (I.e. 2:43, 3:43, 4:43, etc). Not sure if that is still the case.

Good luck to those trying for upgraded bands! Hope the effort pays off! :)
The stock looks the same in the past two days. I wish they have more options to offer. I don’t even know what characters are on some of the bands. Probably the Star Wars ones are the most popular ones especially the pre-arrival exclusive ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!