Trouble booking Crystal Palace in Jan '18

FelisLachesis

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine just had his 180 days open up, going Christmas week, and staying 9 days down there.

We realized I'll be there for a couple days while he's there, and we wanted to book Crystal Palace for The 2nd.

My 180 day window hasn't opened up yet, but his has, and he's trying to book his ADRs. Most everything else he wants he got, but CP is causing an error. He checks for 1/2/18, and the time. The Available Times appears, the time we want shows up. He clicks on that time, and then the error message (with a picture of Lady and the Tramp)

---------------------------

"Sorry for the "Paws""

We seem to have run into a problem booking your dining reservation. Please try again later or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

---------------------------

Even taking two people out of the reservation (ignore my girl and me) the message appears. Reducing it to two people or one person still causes the same error.

Booking for 2017 is fine, but I won't be there, then, so that's why we want to book this for 2018.

Any ideas what's causing this error, other than something weird with moving to a new year?

I'd try a different browser. I find that there are things on Disney's website that do not like some browsers so when I get stuck I simply open up a new browser and try again. Most of the time that works for me, OR they are working on something on the site causing that error. :badpc::badpc:

I read on another thread today that Chrome works best.
Personally I would call

His main computer is a Chromebook, so I guess he's using Chrome? :)

My friend tried on his phone, via the app and website, and also a Windows laptop, all the same error. My friend called in to Disney reservations and they got a similar error, but seemingly at the exact same spot!

Our guess is that there's something wrong with the CP reservations data in 2018. I presume that if the restaurant IT people aren't aware, they will be, soon.

The exact thing happened to me today for the same restaurant and same day. I got everything else. I eventually got a reservation on a different day with no problem at the Crystal Palace. Must be some glitch cause got all my ressies and this one too. I could not get it for Jan 2 in the morning even though it showed availability. Got the same "Paws" response too

I have been looking on the app for weeks for a CP ADR for our upcoming trip. There was nothing available.

I switched to our laptop and there were options every day during our 10 day stay. I recommend switching devices and/ or browsers.

I saw a lot of availibility for everything using my iPhone Only that slot at CP on that day gave me a problem even though it showed availibilty

Thank you for starting this thread. I am sorry this is happening to you, but at least you have warned the rest of us that this could be an issue. Hoping it gets cleared up soon! (My 180th day is in 3 weeks)

Talk to a human. Always the best solution when computers get together to give trouble.

Having a problem on the 1/1/2018 trying to get liberty tree tavern
Takes all my info and my credit card but says it can't make the ADR.

Our 180 window was June 7th and both MDE and the site were having the same issues. It's pretty awful they haven't fixed this problem!

I am having trouble getting to the Garden Grill page and the main dining page this morning. I am hoping that means that they are updating the site/ fixing the problems.

My friend just called me. He went away for the 4th. (not to Disney)...

He said he kept trying and pulled it off. It seems really random as to what works and what doesn't, but there's definitely more problems booking anything in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter