Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. I’m just saying that we won’t know by observing construction on the outside of the building. Disney will either announce an opening date, or we will know it‘s getting close to opening when CM’s let their friends know they‘ve been assigned to test and adjust.

Yes, that will definitely be a key to determine if it’s opening when it looks to be finished, like how Rat appears to be close to finished (though they havent finished inside the ride building, nor have they restarted since the closure), and it’s telling that they’re not opening it any time soon due to CMs not being brought in to train at the attraction. But with Tron I think it’ll be a little bit different. Yes, the imminent opening of the ride will be pseudo confirmed with the training of CMs, but I dont see this attraction standing dormant very long after the completion of the walkway over to the ride, as I assume that will be one of the last things constructed.

Let’s not forget that the WDWRR reopening is dependent on Tron’s completion as well, and considering what trains meant to Walt, and it being an opening day attraction, that’s probably one of those attractions that kind of needs to be open on the anniversary

Yes, that will definitely be a key to determine if it’s opening when it looks to be finished, like how Rat appears to be close to finished (though they havent finished inside the ride building, nor have they restarted since the closure), and it’s telling that they’re not opening it any time soon due to CMs not being brought in to train at the attraction. But with Tron I think it’ll be a little bit different. Yes, the imminent opening of the ride will be pseudo confirmed with the training of CMs, but I dont see this attraction standing dormant very long after the completion of the walkway over to the ride, as I assume that will be one of the last things constructed.

Let’s not forget that the WDWRR reopening is dependent on Tron’s completion as well, and considering what trains meant to Walt, and it being an opening day attraction, that’s probably one of those attractions that kind of needs to be open on the anniversary

What things meant to walt really mean next to nothing to the current leadership. Im also getting the impression that the debate right now is how much money they can make by doing next to nothing for the 50th.

What things meant to walt really mean next to nothing to the current leadership. Im also getting the impression that the debate right now is how much money they can make by doing next to nothing for the 50th.

You know how many attractions would be ripped out and turned into mainstream IP based attractions if the current leadership didn’t care about the essence of Walt’s dream? CoP would have been gone years ago. Tiki Room too.

So I don’t think that sentiment is even remotely true. They’re in the business of making money. Not every current decision is viewed through the mindset of “What would Walt do?” but that doesn’t mean they don’t still pay respect to his ideals.

Tron is something they can’t exactly hide in plain site and not open like the Legendary years hotel after 9/11.These attractions that are supposed to be done for the 50th are too far along. I’m not sure what else was to be expected for the 50th that people are all worked up that we won’t be getting? There’s still a good chance there’s a new fireworks show. There’s still a possibility they bring paint the night over. There’s not much else they could have done in time that was going to cost a lot of money, pandemic or not. Even if we don’t get paint the night, there’s still a good chance we have 3 brand new attractions, 2 new fireworks shows, possibly the Play pavilion, and the Star Wars hotel in time for the 50th. So I’m not exactly sure you can call that “next to nothing”, nor is it up for debate whether those things are coming for the 50th celebration, whether they open before 10/1 or a little after.

Actually Rat is testing according to the sources on WDWMagic. Doesn't mean will open but reports of it not being done on inside weren't true.

Gah... hope I don't have to start calling it the "Zombie ride" like my family called Legendary Years "Zombie hotel" at the good ol' Pop Century. Abandoned projects are just creepy. lol Hopefully it is indeed just a short pause, or perhaps they'll figure out a way to let the train operate while Tron is covered over.

Given the original portal opening this may be described as a "weather-seal" but also think of it as a preventative measure to keep out birds and/or bats as well. And while the exterior will prevent heat build up I'm sure they will still be running equipment to keep temperature and moisture from building up anywhere inside. Maybe when we get more nighttime hours at MK they can project something on it - such a large palette gone to waste if they don't for the short-term.

Given the original portal opening this may be described as a "weather-seal" but also think of it as a preventative measure to keep out birds and/or bats as well. And while the exterior will prevent heat build up I'm sure they will still be running equipment to keep temperature and moisture from building up anywhere inside. Maybe when we get more nighttime hours at MK they can project something on it - such a large palette gone to waste if they don't for the short-term.

it is certainly possible it is something like that - or to seal it up so they can cut a more exact size opening for the finished product, etc

but given the prior rumor this definitely isn't a good sign

the fewer expensive attractions like the train running the more profitable the park is, I think the current management is very happy that the train is now down indefinitely.

The ONLY thing the current Disney managment cares about is. Stock Price/Profit Margin/Bonuses based on the first two, Walts legacy means less than nothing. As evidenced by the removal ‘Walt’ from everything from movie title pages, to marketing materials. I’m wondering when they change Walt Disney World’s name to DisneyWorld

it is certainly possible it is something like that - or to seal it up so they can cut a more exact size opening for the finished product, etc

but given the prior rumor this definitely isn't a good sign

it just might open for the 60’th - sealing a construction project like this usually means that no work is planned for at least a year perhaps more. Many colleges did this during 2008 financial crisis

You know how many attractions would be ripped out and turned into mainstream IP based attractions if the current leadership didn’t care about the essence of Walt’s dream? CoP would have been gone years ago. Tiki Room too.

So I don’t think that sentiment is even remotely true. They’re in the business of making money. Not every current decision is viewed through the mindset of “What would Walt do?” but that doesn’t mean they don’t still pay respect to his ideals.

Tron is something they can’t exactly hide in plain site and not open like the Legendary years hotel after 9/11.These attractions that are supposed to be done for the 50th are too far along. I’m not sure what else was to be expected for the 50th that people are all worked up that we won’t be getting? There’s still a good chance there’s a new fireworks show. There’s still a possibility they bring paint the night over. There’s not much else they could have done in time that was going to cost a lot of money, pandemic or not. Even if we don’t get paint the night, there’s still a good chance we have 3 brand new attractions, 2 new fireworks shows, possibly the Play pavilion, and the Star Wars hotel in time for the 50th. So I’m not exactly sure you can call that “next to nothing”, nor is it up for debate whether those things are coming for the 50th celebration, whether they open before 10/1 or a little after.

True, but when attractions ripped out they need to be replaced so it makes financial sense to take a major attraction down for years while a refurbishment drags on, the attraction then can be marketed as ‘new’ to the first timers when it reopens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!