Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
So walked by the lightcycle display seats while at the parks Sunday and they look like they will be a snugger fit than the FOP seats. I can see a lot of people needing a test seat before they wait a long time

I love these kind of thrill rides, and I'm excited for Tron. Here are a few things that make me excited about the ride that have nothing to do with the experience:
  1. This will guarantee revitalizing Tomorrowland (which has already started). It's by far my least favorite land and weakest from a themeing point of view as well as spending time just in the land. I love a lot of the rides in this land, but the land itself is ugly and boring. So much wasted space.
  2. Another coaster in the park will draw people away from other parts of the park evening out the park.
  3. Interesting to see once it's all done how the new entrance and having Space and Tron in the same area effects crowds. What pops up around it over time because of that?

Forgive my ignorance, but I haven’t looked at many pics because I hate spoilers......BUT is some of the ride going to be outside? I was really hoping it was fully inside so it wouldn’t shut down for weather :(

Forgive my ignorance, but I haven’t looked at many pics because I hate spoilers......BUT is some of the ride going to be outside? I was really hoping it was fully inside so it wouldn’t shut down for weather :(
A portion is outside but its covered by a canopy. You can see that in the concept art. That shouldn't spoil it for you.

A portion is outside but its covered by a canopy. You can see that in the concept art. That shouldn't spoil it for you.
Hmm. I’m guessing that will still close for lightning? But it’s still going to be great having something new in MK!!

There are some rumors of potentail delays on TRON making the rounds today. I hope they don't pause this any longer than it already was. I know the financial situation is tough right now, but with the project this far along I would hope they get it done. It will help bring people in.

There are some rumors of potentail delays on TRON making the rounds today. I hope they don't pause this any longer than it already was. I know the financial situation is tough right now, but with the project this far along I would hope they get it done. It will help bring people in.
Yeah I have no doubt about there being delays but being held until well into 2022 certainly has me skeptical.

Yeah I have no doubt about there being delays but being held until well into 2022 certainly has me skeptical.

Not restarting until October 2021 seems real late especially if all the outside work is done. Of course this year a lot of stuff that seems crazy is real.

I think realistically most of the construction projects will encounter unforeseen delays, mostly due to supply chain issues. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to be happening a lot across the country.

I think realistically most of the construction projects will encounter unforeseen delays, mostly due to supply chain issues. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to be happening a lot across the country.
Right but this doesn't sound like that.

When they start constructing the pathway towards the attraction. That’s when we’ll know it’s getting “close” and whether it’ll open before the 50th. I can’t imagine they don’t finish it in time before the anniversary. It might be cut close, like August/September opening, but they can’t have the 50th with just the opening of Ratatouille, pandemic or not

this isn’t HHN where you can push an anniversary date a year in the future

When they start constructing the pathway towards the attraction. That’s when we’ll know it’s getting “close” and whether it’ll open before the 50th.
We’ll know when they hire or rehire enough CM’s to run it.

We’ll know when they hire or rehire enough CM’s to run it.

so in 2021?

unless you’re under the assumption that Disney won’t open this ride because they’re never going to hire CMs again.

Layoffs happen. Realists cheered with every week an announced reopening didn’t occur in May and refused to believe Disney would reopen on the date they chose. Now those same voices are angry at Disney for having to layoff as many employees as they have. It sucks, but in this climate it was inevitable, salaries returned or not. Disney will hire more CMs when they need to, not a second before. And with (hopefully) 3 new attractions opening in 2021, there’s no doubt they’ll bring people in for them. There’s no need for extra CMs to stand by the construction of Tron and wait for guests for the next 9-12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter