Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Awesome.

We are going this October and I'm already planning our next trip in 2021!!!! :)

So pumped for this! Surprise the speedway is safe though! Thought it was a goner with Tokyo and Hong Kong removing there's and the original was apparently supposed to be chopped last year or this year I believe?

I don't see that Speedway track configuration in Google, so I'm guessing there are changes.

I'm betting once this is completed, Space Mountain will either be removed or get a major overhaul. It's long overdue, but even I wouldn't want it to happen unless there's something equally entertaining to replace it while it's down.

Idea: Theme it as a video game section, have Tron's exit be a gift shop and quick service restaurant/arcade a la 'FLYNN'S ARCADE' from the first film. Retheme Speedway as 'Candy Crush'.

edit: OOOH! And the arcade games could be the old TRON arcade cabinets from the 80s, Space Paranoids (from the first film), and all the arcade games from Wreck It Ralph.
Dammit I need to apply to Disney lol

You know, building Tron over at Tomorrowland isn't my favorite idea. I'd prefer it in Epcot. BUT! This could really help the area out and FINALLY give Disney a direction of how to retheme the area.

It unfortunately just looks like Yesterland right now. Which would be fun if Disney went for an old school vibe but Disney is kinda stuck wanting to do something futuristic but can't quite figure out how without making it look dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!