Trip with my family and becoming a DVC member

Conmcloud

Earning My Ears
Well

We attempted to have a vacation with my 3 little girls and my wife. It is the 3 rd trip we made in which they could remember. We stayed at the Saratoga Springs in 2 rooms. They were not jointed but right down the hall from each other. My wife had my 3 year old as I had the 6 and 8 year old. We arrived on the 19th of October till the 26th.

Pros - Saratoga was very nice place to stay the pool slide the kids loved. Cafeteria somewhat got old real quick as we did have the meal plan but how much flatbread can you eat :)

Clean resort, plenty of pool towels

Clean parks, could eat off the sidewalk

The hospitality of the parks was great.

We did have an incident, my 8 year old drifted off in magic kingdom and we lost her. My wife in a frantic contacted one of the park staff and my 8 year old who was smart enough to tell a cast member of the park that she lost her parents took her directly to the baby care center as they told us they have her. It was scary and a relief. It did not ruin the day, but taught my 8 year old a valuable lesson not to daze and walk off. I have to commend the park staff who were right on top of everything, it is a feeling and incident we never want to happen again.

My wife and I have decided to but a time share and become DVC members at the Grand Floridian Resort. We went with the 160 point plan, which serves our needs at this time. Aldamar is an excellent customer service representative and gave us all the time and communication we needed to make the decision. No pressure at all. We cannot wait to go to the Floridian next year as DVC members.

Belle Enchantment was awesome, my wife and I did everything perfect to get our children on the ride first thing in the morning. It will be something remembered.

Cons-

The parks were way too crowded this week unexpectedly. Even some of the staff I spoke to, mentioned that this is highly unusual in this week.

The Halloween party was good but again totally crowded. There were actual waits for rides during the party. Disappointed with wait times as I did have my girls take naps during the day only to get on a few rides at the party.

There has to be some better times for fast passes, many machines were out of fast passes such as, Aerosmith, Soaring, Test Track. We did have the DVC VIP fast passes to help the burden and were lucky enough to be able to get on these rides without waiting.

Winnie the Pooh broke down while in line, we did get fast passes for any ride in the park as reimbursement for waiting.

Splash Mountain was shut down all day on the 25th our last day to get on it. Have to wait till next year to try again.

Something has to be done about side by side strollers on monorails and in stores in the park. They take up so much room and are burdensome on space. At times a side by side stroller cut off a whole aisle of merchandise. I do not feel like I am picking but we did have a stroller but a single. We did have a 2 child stroller at one time but it was a front and back stroller.

It was rasabout frenzy this pass week in the park. We witnesses a lady's foot getting runned over by one. Some people are just out of control on some of these things, I dodged a few myself LOL.

That's our trip, looking forward to going in a different week next year hopefully not as crowded:)

con

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter