Trip Report-last day and "who wants to be a Millionaire?"

PixieDusting

The Red-headed Pixie!
Saturday 9/1

Brett had a one day pass, so we opted to go to DCA for the day. We got to the park at 8:50 (before the offical opening time) and the wait for Soaring was already posted at 30 minutes. We decided to do the single rider line, walked right on and got to sit together :-) I love the way everyone applauds after this attraction. It IS so awesome!

After that we got FP's for Millionaire and headed back to PP before it got too crowded. I forgot to mention that the day before the Zephyr was finally up and running (they replaced the cables so now it can run in a breeze) so we Colin and I rode it....we've never been able to before. Well, Brett wanted to as well so the guys did that. Then we headed over so Colin and I could ride Maliboomer. I have been terrified to ride this and haven't done it before. Colin typically rides it alone (but my mother did ride it with him in April) since Brett won't go on it either, but I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I am SO glad I did. It was a lot of fun, in fact we rode it twice without having to get off. The view from up there is tremendous! I wouldn't wait in a long line for it, but I would definitely do it again. I'm so proud of myself for facing my fear...LOL!

A few more rides in PP and then it was time for Millionaire. After not getting into the top ten on Wednesday, Brett suggested a different way to punch the keypad, and voila...it worked! Colin got the first fastest finger question right (putting 4 of the astrological signs in order) and in the fastest time! You should have seen the look on his face when he realized it was HIM...priceless! And me.....well I whopped and hollered the entire time he was in the hotseat! Brett was pretty proud of him too. At the 1,000 point question Colin used the "ask the audience" lifeline...he wanted to make sure he at least won the hats and pins, so he wanted to be sure his answer was correct!

The 2,000 point question was quite easy, it was about Annie Oakley, and if Colin had read it in a normal situation he would have figured it out in no time BUT, this was no normal situation! He used the lifeline "phone a complete stranger" and the person gave the wrong answer to him. He still wasn't sure certain, so he did the 50/50 thing, and one of the answers left was the wrong answer that the stranger had given him, so he took that one :-( Brett went off to take care of the release forms with Colin, and I stayed in my seat since at the last update I had been #2, and was hoping I moved into #1...I didn't, I stayed at #2 the entire game...there was always someone faster than me.

Anyhow, we got out of there and took some pics of Colin with his "winnings" (he got 5 different Millionaire pins, a Millionaire 1,000 pt baseball cap, a lanyard and a Millionaire button) in front of one of the signs. They won't allow photos or videos inside...what a shame. I wish they either took photos or taped it and would offer them to the person that had been in the hotseat! Needless to say we were all now hooked, so we got FP's for a later show. In that one I once again got to #2 several times (Brett got as high as #3, Colin as high as #6) but never made it to the hotseat. Oh well...it was a a lot of fun to see Colin down there!

At some point in the day we walked to the DL hotel and had lunch outside in the peaceful shade, wandered around looking at the Koi pond, the waterfall, and of course the guys had to do the remote control boats!

We rode Grizzly with FP's in the heat of the afternoon and boy did it feel GOOD. It was warmer than it'd been all week that day...I'd imagine in the upper 80's - 90 and poor Brett was really zapped for energy. He's been spending all his days in an air-conditioned office! Anyhow, to keep him from totally burning out we went and saw some of the air-conditioned inside attractions....Tough to be a Bug, Muppets and one other that I cannot recall right now.

Over to Whitewater snacks to get dinner to go for on the plane, and we headed out at 6 for our 7:30 flight home.
Brett's and my favorite thing was most definitely seeing Colin in the hotseat. Colin's favorite thing is STILL when Indy broke down...LOL.

No more Disneyland trips scheduled right now, but we'll be on the Magic for a week in December with a week at the Boardwalk Villas afterwards :-) It'll be our 1st cruise and our 4th trip to WDW and we're already counting down the days!

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter