Trip Report (Day 4:21 May 2003)

KK Cat

Mouseketeer
Disneyland Resort Paris Trip Report

Day 4 (Wednesday 21 May 2003)

Cast: Me (Anne-Marie 35), my Mum Breda, nephew Patrick (11) and niece Jade (7)

Staying at: Hotel Cheyenne

Oh my God! We’re more than half way through!! We had intended going into Paris around noon with the aim of doing the Eiffel Tower and a few other bits, but we had so much still to see here in Disney and going into Paris would put the pressure on timewise. We left it up to the children to choose as both Mum and I had been in Paris before. Jade voted for Disney (well she is 7) and Patrick didn’t care, so we took the easy option and stayed put. Another nice day. After breakfast in the hotel we went back to the Studios Park. A beautiful day so we walked to the parks via the Village, a lovely walk.This time we looked around Studio 1. We headed for Animagique grabbing fastpasses for the Flying Carpets before going in. We loved this show too, very different, the kids also loved the effects of the ultra violet light as they both happened to be wearing white t-shirts! When we came out we had 5 minutes or so to wait for the fastpasses and then got on the Flying Carpets, Mum stayed off so she could video us (that’s her excuse and she’s sticking to it) It was now nearly parade time again, so we figured a good time to eat. The sun was really shining now for a change, so instead of Restaurant en Coulisse which we had been planning on, we instead got fish’n’chips from a food truck and ate on La Terrasse. They were lovely, I think this was the 2nd longest queue I was in during our 5 days. We still had a pretty good view of the parade while eating as the crowds weren’t too bad and the floats are quite high.

After being fed we headed to Cinemagique. This was a real gem, it was good fun naming the films on screen and the surprises are fun too. Jade was so excited that night telling her Mum on the ‘phone that Martin Short “was REALLY here” that I didn’t have the heart to explain.

After another detour through the shops, we went back to Disneyland Park and today, we had to see the 4pm Princess Parade, imagine 4th day and we hadn’t seen it yet (too wet Days 1 & 2). We sauntered up Main St enjoying the sun for a change, and got ice-cream cones in the Gibson Girls Ice-Cream Parlour, lovely flavours, Patrick and I had vanilla smarties, Mum had rum raisin and Jade had coffee and chocolate (yeuch!). We went as suggested somewhere on this board to the Fantasyland section for the parade and got an empty bench outside Arcade Omega, just near the rope, plenty of benches to choose from actually even with 10 mins to go, but this one gave a good view up through the gates into Fantasyland. The parade is a bit too short (I believe the princess parade is shorter than the usual parade), but the floats are really pretty, my favourite is Beauty and the Beast. On an aside earlier in the week we saw Cinderella’s Coach (a different one!, gold not pumpkin) in the courtyard of Auberge de Cendrillon.

We did Dumbo, Pirates, Snall World and Alice in Wonderland again. We saw the throne around the corner from Alice today, hadn’t seen that earlier in the week. Jade had to be the Queen, and Patrick her side-kick. I knew I should have kept notes, I’m forgetting what we did!! A fair bit of shopping anyway as we had to pack tonight. We went back to the hotel around 8 p.m. after getting something to eat and Patrick and I went back to the village to change my singing but not dancing Fantasia Mickey, got a dancing one (love that Characters on Holiday song), and went back to pack. I really hate packing, but it was easier to get it out of the way tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!