Trip report-Day 2

PixieDusting

The Red-headed Pixie!
Ok, I'm going to attempt to keep the rest of these days shorter...wish me luck!

Wednesday 8/29

Since we have been to the parks several times recently, we decided that this visit was to be a very leisurely one, and it was great! We got to DCA at 8:40 and it was open, so we were able to walk right onto Soaring :-) and we both saw the hidden Mickey on this attraction as well. Kewl! We headed over to the Animation building and did the "which character are you most like." I was most like Jane, Colin was most like Buzz. Completely different characters than our last time. We also did the singing thing which was a hoot! We stopped at Greetings and did a little gift shopping, then headed to DL...well, now they call it the Magic Kingdom but I can't seem to get used to that....to me the Magic Kingdom is in WDW.

Anyhow, in DL we rode the Matterhorn twice (was closed on our visit in May), this is one of Colin's favorite rides and he was really glad it was running. Then we spent about 1-1/2 hours in Toontown. We haven't spent time here for several years. Walked right on Roger Rabbit (which surprised us since it just recently reopened, visited Mickey and Minnie in their houses, rode Gadget's Go-Coaster and went into Chip & Dale's Treehouse. When did they remove the slide from the Treehouse? I remember when Colin was little he'd slide on it over and over and over again. Then head to Gadget's Go-Coaster and ride that over and over again :-) We also spent a lot of time taking silly pictures in Toontown. I got a new camera in July and have gone picture crazy since then....I went through 11 rolls of film in our 5 day visit...yikes! By the time we left Toontown it was getting pretty crowded, walking through
Fantasyland was quite "interesting" to say the least!

We had been looking forward to sharing an order of quesidillas at the Mexican place in Frontierland, but when we got there we were disappointed to find that they no longer offer them :-( Boo-hoo! After lunch we went on Indy, did some people watching on Main Street while eating Mickey ice cream bars, then went back to the hotel for a swim.

DH was working late tonight, so Colin and I planned to go back to DCA for the Electrical Parade. We got to DCA at about 4:30 and walked back to Paradise Pier to ride Screamin' only to find that it was shut down. There were 4 guys on the track right where it takes off from, working on what looked like electrical stuff. That plan nixed, we wandered through PP but didn't ride any rides. We stopped at the Redwood Creek area where Colin was thrilled to find Chip & Dale :-) Then we went into the Grand Californian and had dinner at Whitewater Snacks. There's a table outside - right behind the cashier - that has a nice view of the area outside Grizzly River Run.

We then went to see Steps in Time which we enjoyed...very high energy but not as loud or obnoxious as the Tarzan show at Animal Kingdom. On our way to the show we saw the building for Who Wants to be a Millionaire...and that it was open, so after Steps in Time we went to see Millionaire, which was a lot of fun. According to the CM, it had opened the day before, but is currently what they call a soft opening to work out the kinks. The grand opening is 9/14. We have seen the TV show 5 or so times and thought that the show at DCA was pretty well done. The only thing I think needs improving is the lifeline "phone a complete stranger." Most of the time these folks know nothing and actually mess the hot seat person up. I think they need to replace it with something else, but I don't know what. Colin and I were both very fast and got the answers correctly, but neither of us ever ended up in the top ten.
That will change, but you'll have to wait until the post about Saturday to find out more :-)

Yikes, I was going to keep this short...LOL. After Millionaire we hustled over to find a spot for the Electrical Parade which was wonderful as always! This is Colin's all-time favorite parade (mine is the Lion King) and he just beamed the whole time. Called DH at his office and he met us at guest pick-up and we were back in the hotel by 9:00.

Next-Thursday and Friday combined....and I WILL keep it shorter! Hope you're all not too bored with it all!

I don't think your reports are too long at all! Please don't shorten them!! (LOL):jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter