Trip Report 3/2/06 A birthday today!

Brina78

Mouseketeer
This trip consisted of me, my sister, mom, aunt and uncle who celebrated his 51st birthday. It was a beautiful, sunny, clear day with not very many crowds to speak of. I'm glad we all chose to go on a weekday and I wish we could more often! Here's how the day went, and once more, I'll try to be brief:

Arriving in DTD at 10:30, almost 11 a.m., the main gate looked swamped, so we took the monorail to Tomorrowland. We needed to get to City Hall so that my uncle could get his birthday sticker and special phone call, but we didn't get there right away. Space Mountain had a 10 minute wait, Astro Blasters had a 15 minute wait, and Star Tours had a 5 minute wait. Before leaving Tomorrowland, we did all three. Well, me, my sister, and uncle rode Space Mountain, but it was great to do so much in so little time!

Afterward, we went to City Hall and got my uncle his sticker and phone call. I talked to the CM there, Emi, about why I haven't seen the stagecoach with the 50 outside of Big Thunder Ranch. She told me I had to go ask a CM over there, which, the funny thing was, a CM told me to go to City Hall instead!

We left City Hall to head through the castle to see the line for Peter Pan. At around noon, the line was long and once again forget about it! We headed toward Geppetto's and onward to Frontierland to jump on BTMR where my mom and aunt actually agreed to ride! They both hate roller coasters, but they liked it, they really liked it!

POTC came up next with no waiting in line and we saw a huge thing missing on the ride. At the very end as you go up the waterfall, those two pirates stealing that loot on the ledge is all gone! At the entrance, the POTC logo lit up on the treasure map, but the parrot is still gone. We want to go to DL again on Saturday; I'm curious to see what else will be gone then.

After POTC, we went back over to Main Street to get some hot dogs at the Coca-Cola Corner restaurant. We bought some chocolate next at the candy place next door and sat on a porch opposite the Penny Arcade. We entered the Disney Clothiers store next and my sister finally bought that beautiful beige-colored corturoy coat with the Mickey ears design on the back.

Then, it was back into the park and over to ride Matterhorn Fantasyland side since it was a very short line. Only my sister, uncle and myself rode it while my mom and aunt went to find a restroom. While on the ride, the bobsleds tend to meet up with each other and some guy in another bobsled took my picture as he rode by! I met up with him after the ride, but the image didn't come out too good. He would have emailed it to me if it did. :)

It was 3:00 at this point and we had dinner reservations for Storytellers at 4:30. My uncle really likes California Screamin' and we figured we should get to DCA right away incase there was a bit of a wait. On the way to Main Street, I saw the Mayor walk by in his grey suit and bowler hat. My family didn't stop walking, but I wanted to talk to him this time, hopefully get a picture! My sister and I saw him last Thursday (Feb. 23) and we didn't have the chance to talk to him. I stopped in the middle of the road as the Mayor continued ahead toward the Walt and Mickey statue. My family gave me looks of they really didn't care to go see him and I almost went by myself. I told them the whole point was for him to see my uncle and wish him a happy birthday! Again, they weren't moving to go over and I decided to give up. :(

We entered DCA and headed over to Hollywood Pictures Backlot first to see the line for Mike and Sulley to the Rescue. Tourist Mickey was wandering around and my aunt wanted a picture with him. Instead, we kept on going and discovered the Monsters Inc. ride was a 20 minute wait. We really didn't want to do it, so we left back to the front and stopped to see Mickey. I took the photo with her and my uncle and then went up to Mickey. My one co-worker, Ellen, wanted me to say 'hi!' to Mickey for her and I did just that. Mickey leaned in, kissed me on the cheek, and I gave him a very big hug! It felt like one of the most wonderful, secure hugs I've ever gotten from him. He actually gave a loving squeeze back. He's so adorable. :hug:

We then headed to CA Screamin' and just me, my sister, and uncle got on with a small wait time. It was then we had to go over to Storytellers for our 4:30 reservation. We arrived at 4:20 but they seated us right away. Our hostess gave my uncle a birthday button and they wrote his name with red stars all over it. My aunt took away the birthday sticker and kept it in her purse. We all ordered just the corn chowder soup, but my sister got the chicken quesadillas. Her and I split it and she had some of my soup. The waiters then came over with a Mickey-shaped chocolate dessert with a candle in it and sang to my uncle! It was so neat.

Afterward, we walked over to Soarin' Over CA with another small wait. It was 5:30 and we hoped we'd get on and off to try and squeeze in Mikey and Sulley. We got to that ride's entrance at 5:55 but they already put the barracade up. Oh, well. Next time! DCA closed at 6 tonight, so we were heading over to DL to do Indiana Jones, something my aunt and Mom said they'd do. I also wanted to see if we could still bump into the Mayor as we entered Main Street.

However, none of that happened. We got as far as the center area and my mom started to complain that she wasn't feeling good. She had been suffering with a sore throat and the night air was making it worse. I stood and looked to everyone who agreed we should head for home instead of re-entering DL. I was not happy, in fact, I pouted all the way to the tram. I decided to give up and apologized for my attitude. Mom did want to stay and she apologized for not feeling good. We got home around 7:30 and are just taking it easy. I think Mom should call in sick tomorrow and then hopefully get better by Saturday. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get her and my aunt on Indiana Jones, provided they don't change their minds!

And that's my report. Very minimal crowds, quick lines, got on a few great rides, and we were able to give our uncle a nice birthday. He said he had lots of fun, and that's what counts the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter