Trip report- 1st as an AKV DVC resale member and during Easter

bamafaninNOLA

Earning My Ears
we took our 1st trip being AKV DVC resale members during Easter. This makes our 13th Disney trip since 2006. We stayed in a deluxe studio-savannah view, 5th floor Jambo house and requested near lobby which we were granted. It was our 2nd stay at AKV (1st time was a savannah view, non DVC years ago), view was great. There were many advantages of owning at AKV I could think of listed below:

-Not having to go outside in rainy conditions to eat at the Mara, refill mugs, or catch Disney bus to parks like at Value resorts which we’ve stayed in until becoming DVC members
-Lines to board buses were rarely crowded to the point of standing, maybe once or twice over 6 days
-Room was nice and seemed spacious for 3
-Enjoyed the overall relaxing atmosphere of AKV
-Enjoyed the pool and slide

The crowds were bigger than our previous trips (non-holiday times)but was expected being Easter weekend. The weather was nice (70’s and 80’s) other than one afternoon of rain. We probably won’t go back during Easter but overall had a great trip.

Glad you enjoyed Jambo! We don't stay there often but when we do we always like the resort - and the zebra domes! We were at BLT this Easter and I have to agree - this holiday is a one and done for us. It was lovely but the point expense probably wasn't worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!