Trip report 1/28- 1/31

Marssiful

Mouseketeer
Friday - 1/28

This trip started bright and early Friday morning. My husband and I were flying Southwest out of PHX to SNA… which meant a 2 hour drive to the airport. A quick stop for gas and some Dutch Bros and we were on the way. Drive was easy with virtually no traffic and we soon found ourselves pulling into airport parking. We just had carry-on so check in was easy. The plane ride was uneventful and we soon found ourselves landing in California.

We took an Uber from SNA to GCH for $25.

We arrived at the GCH at about 12 and expected to check our bags until a room was ready.The CM doing a check in was really nice and said a room was ready and it would be an upgrade. We were both really excited! I had reserved a woods/courtyard view so I thought maybe we’d get a theme park view. But… Not sure what the upgrade was as it seemed to be a normal 2 queen room with a crummy view but we didn’t care to ask. My husband did get a laugh at me running to the balcony to check out our “upgrade” to find a view of the roof 🙃.626360C3-0464-4568-B9C4-5E7BB1EC8D07.jpeg

But we had no complaints about the room. I was really happy we were able to check in early. We quickly packed our park bag and headed to DCA. We met up with one of our friends and her 6 year old son… and we had a blast. We used Lightning Lane for the first time and it worked really well for us. I wish we could book rides more than once though.
We basically rode rides, ate treats, and had a really good time. We stayed until park close and we were exhausted! Walking back to GCH through the park was wonderful and I loved every second of it.
We ordered some drinks and snacks from the Hearthstone and took them back to the room. The corn dog nachos were surprising delicious. It was the end of a very very good day.

Day 2- 1/29 Saturday

We planned to sleep in but the day had other plans for us. Our room location was on the 3rd floor off of the main lobby directly next door to the elevator. This location IS NOT conducive to sleeping in! It got loud early. We were awake much earlier than planned so we headed out to DCA at open. Going through the hotel entrance into the park is my new favorite thing. We got coffee from Starbucks first thing and headed towards Avengers campus. We decided not to do Lightning Lane today, lines were long but doable. After Web Slingers and Guardians it was time for lunch. We ate at Pym’s for the first time. I got the pymini sandwich and the hubs got the atomic pretzel. Food was tasty and we were both happy with it. We also got some drinks-it’s vacation after all-and I loved the Honey Buzz. It is a tasty( yet pricey) drink. I’d have had more but the $18 price tag stopped me. We spent the afternoon riding other things and then headed over to DL after 1.

We decided to get some chocolate popcorn and a coke and get in line for Rise of the Resistance. It said 70 minutes but it took closer to 90. The weather was nice sothe wait wasn’t too bad. And we both love the ride so it was worth it. We rode some other random things and then decided to head back to the hotel for a nap. We had a reservation for Napa Rose for dinner so that would be our next stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter