Trip next week...questions about morning strategy...

Born 2B a Princess

Where's my tiara?!?!
we are WDW vets but I haven’t been to DL since high school and my daughters have never been. We’ll be there for three days next week.

What is your strategy recommendation for magic morning hour at DL? My husband and daughters love thrill rides, so I’m thinking Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Star Tours. What other attractions would you recommend for first thing in the morning?

When do they start distributing FP for Fantasmic?

What about non-magic morning touring?

What about DCA? I’m thinking we will head to Guardians and MaxPass RSR and Incredicoaster...?

I’ve been studying up on MaxPass and i think I understand it but I’m a bit nervous just because it’s new to us.

I think what’s making me most nervous about this trip is that it’s a different kind/intensity of planning from our WDW trips and what I’m used to....

First morning, DD & I did Matterhorn, Snow White, Mr. Toad, Alice, & Pinocchio, then Buzz Lightyear, in 45 minutes. Had I known that Space would be down for the remainder of our 2 day trip, basically, I would have squeezed that in as well. 2nd morning we did RSR (we slept in, got there at 7:45 for the 7am opening), twice, and got a treat from the Adorable Snowman (because it didn't have a mile long line). I'm no help on the rest of DCA, because our biggest challenge that we didn't anticipate was if I got MaxPass FP for the two of us, I wouldn't be able to match them for my DS & DH who slept in. We ended up basically waiting to get any FP until they got there. I tried the first day - since DH & DS weren't in the park yet, we could only get FP for the two of us, so I got Soarin' for when I thought they'd arrive... but then obviously they couldn't get the same time, so we canceled ours and started over. I know everyone LOVES MaxPass and no planning, but I just found it frustrating and all I wanted to do was PLAN. Our normal WDW strategy is to hit the big rides, DD & me, at Rope Drop, meet DS & DH for breakfast, then jump into our preplanned FPs at 9 or 10am, and then keep going. If all of you are in the park together at the start, though, you should have no problem booking & going! We were generally able to get FP for within an hour or so in the am, even for RSR & Incredicoaster.

What is your strategy recommendation for magic morning hour at DL? My husband and daughters love thrill rides, so I’m thinking Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Star Tours. What other attractions would you recommend for first thing in the morning?

When do they start distributing FP for Fantasmic?

What about non-magic morning touring?

What about DCA? I’m thinking we will head to Guardians and MaxPass RSR and Incredicoaster...?

I’ve been studying up on MaxPass and i think I understand it but I’m a bit nervous just because it’s new to us.

I think what’s making me most nervous about this trip is that it’s a different kind/intensity of planning from our WDW trips and what I’m used to....

All of the thrill attractions at the Disneyland Resort offer FP. You are better to experience the non-FP less thrilling attractions. Unlike WDW most of the non-thrilling attractions at the Disneyland Resort DO NOT offer FP.

Fantasmic FP starts to distribute at the opening, but I would still use about an hour of that time at the opening to ride the Fantasyland attractions and then get FP for Fantasmic. That being said FP for Fantasmic isn't that great. I would HIGHLY recommend booking the Fantasmic Dining Package even if it's for the Hungry Bear option. It's way better than the standard FP option.

If you don't have access to the Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning visit the park when it is not offering it. Get to the entrance 30 minutes early and head to the Fantasyland attractions first.

Visit the non-FP attractions first while you use MP to get FP. For DCA it should go Maters first, then Luigi's, then Bugs Land, then Monsters Inc. Head to Paradise Park and ride Goofy, Jellyfish, Zephyr, Swings. Mermaid is the only non-FP attraction at DCA that you can visit at any time. Save Pal Around for when you are waiting to use FP for Mania or Incredicoaster.

ME

welllll...............for thrills during MM......your list is complete......and ride multiple times during that hour, don't bother with the rest of the MM offerings.Your are only there for a 3 day visit while you have the MM, because on the other day you will want early entry into DCA for those thrills over there and gathering passess to ride over and over. Focus on the thrills and there will be plenty of love in the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts