Trip in three weeks and can't stop ringing in my ears need help

katmittens

OKW Owner
We will be at Disney in three weeks And two weeks ago developed a buzzing/ringing in both ears. It has gone away in one ear but is driving me crazy since it is still in the one ear. I have had double knee replacement, back fusion and ankle fusion, but this is just always there with no relief. I ended up in the emergency room two days ago with my blood pressure very high. They think I worked myself up so much that my pressure was up. My husband says I will get used to it(he has tinnitus) but the TV seems to make it worse and driving in the car plus we drive to Florida from Pa. I am going to the ear doctor today, was there last week and had ears cleaned. If anyone can tell me any experiences with this and if it has stayed with them how do you get used to this constant buzzing, or has anyone had it go away and what made it stop.

Do you take a lot of aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs? They can cause tinnitus.

I have RA so I have been on Celebrex for 15 years and have never had a problem, but about a month ago I had to go off Celebrex for awhile due to kidney problem and they think because I went off it may have caused inflammation so now I am back on. The ringing has left my right ear but is still in the left. It is so hard trying to figure out what can be the cause since I am on many medicines plus new medicines were thrown in the mix due to blood pressure problems. Hoping someone has had experience with this to help me figure out a cause and hopefully a cure to stop it.

My FIL, husband and I all have tinnitus. It is very frustrating and so far I have just learned to live with it. On many meds because of diabetes and fibromyalgia. I know some are ototoxic but still can’t go off them.

I had a scare like this 4 years ago before we went on our vacation. I did everything that I knew of to make it go away. It developed like 3 weeks before our vacation and I was worried about what would my ears do on the plane if it was still going on. Luckily, the day we left, I went into the quietest room in my house and miraculously the ringing or buzzing or whatever it was was gone and I was left to enjoy my vacation.

Have u tried white noise.. using a radio on just static, low... get some relief. I assume you ve seen an ENT and/audiologist?
I know of some relief after acupuncture. Did they suggest that for you?
My ds got it from being in a paintball helmet ( thank goodness) when someone very nearby thought it’d be funny to shoot at his head, NOT funny and dangerous...tinnitus resulted :(
It’s not gone away for him and he’s learned to deal with it as best he can.

Best of luck to you!!! I hope it’s resolved.

I'm really sorry you're dealing with it. My ear has been ringing for the last 15 years. I got a really bad ear infection and this was the result (my ENT said that it's very rare from an ear infection, but... lucky me!) I don't have much to contribute except to say you do get used to it over time. I don't notice mine that often anymore unless I think about it, get sick (congestion makes it louder, I think), or it's quiet. Running an air cleaner (white noise), background music, or a wave machine helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter