Trip home alone.... audio book advise from Dis podcasters

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
Hi all!!

Its been a while since I've posted but been here since the podcast started. Trust you all and the team... common interests. I'm driving home from Orlando alone and need good stuff to listen to. I have audible. Ideas? Disney of course and any that are inspirational or comedy. Love biographies!

I have how to be like Walt :) what else????

Thanks so much! Leaving friday :(

@miss missy - I don't use Audible, or "do" books on tape, but I did want to say I hope you've been having a magical pixiedust: trip, and have safe and speedy travels home!

Have you read/listened to any of the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson?

There are seven books in the main series, and each one takes place in a different Disney theme park (including those at WDW and DL) as well as DCL. They're YA books but I found them very enjoyable as an adult. The main protagonists are young teens who are models for holographic theme park hosts. Things go bad when the Disney villains come to life and attempt to take over, and the kids have to go into the park at night (as their holographic versions) in order to fight them.

Ridley Pearson was granted permission by Disney to go behind-the-scenes at the parks and DCL to add more detail to the books.

I read the books so I can't tell what the narrated audible books are like, but maybe you can listen to a sample first if you're interested?

If you want some comedy, the collections of "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" from BBC Radio 4 are good picks.

If you're looking for great books on Disney, I'd suggest One Little Spark! by Marty Sklar. I read it but did see that the Audio Book is available. If you're looking for inspiration, the two Wisdom of Walt books by Jeff Barnes might be a good choice. Jeff takes stories about Walt and then about Disney World and connects them to ways to improve life. It's an easy read and should be a good listen. There are also a lot of biographies of Walt Disney on audiobook. Neal Gabler's book might take the entire trip; that's a giant book. Hopefully this helps!

Well, any and all of the "Connecting With Walt" podcasts, of course. And Jim Korkis has written a TON of books about all things Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!