Trip Guilt

Keep original plan or switch to a themed value resort for the kids?

• Polynesian

Votes: 112 80.6%
  • Art or Animation

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • All Star Movies

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
But yet, still absolutely true. Sorry. Motel with stickers is exactly how I describe and of the values.

Sorry, but no. All the themeing seems like an afterthought. It could easily be stripped and converted to bugs bunny in a month.

Real theme is Poly, when the entire resort has a feel to it. Not just "bolt ons". Port Orleans French Quarter is another great example of real theme.

Have you walked around the Cars themed Radiator Springs area of AoA at night? Have you taken children or grandchildren though the Nemo pool area surrounded by sea grass and larger than life 3D sculptures of Mr. Ray and Crush? Have you seen Simba, Timon and Pumba on the tree trunk in the moonlight as you walked through the jungle with Lion King music playing to get to your room?

I would never presume to tell someone else what "real" theming is, but I will say that for our young family the theming at AoA was an amazing experience that didn't feel "cheap" at all even compared all of the awesome (and not so awesome) deluxe and moderate resorts we have stayed in.

And just throw that guilt right out the door--this trip is for you and your husband as much as it is for the kids, and you're going to be working your behind off the whole trip to make it magical for them. So I say you get to pick where you stay! (It's easy for me to say that because I definitely believe the kids will love it anywhere.)

A magazine once did a survey of children who had just gone on a Disney World vacation.

The question was: what was your favorite part of the trip?

The unanimous answer:

Swimming in the hotel pool.

Yep. Kids will love it anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!