Trip Full of Firsts

WDWNY

DIS Veteran
Just came back from a trip that was full of firsts so I thought I would share my experience and thoughts :)

We flew in and took DME to BWV. We stayed in a standard view studio for the first night. This was our first DVC stay! We checked in around 11AM and our room was ready! We had a problem with our magic bands though- got to the room (furthest one from the lobby) and wasn't able to get in. So we walked back and turns out the room wasn't linked to our magic bands. I requested an upper floor close to the lobby but was on the 2nd floor and furthest from the lobby. Didn't care much since it was only for one night.

We’ve only stayed at values and moderates before this, and woah what a difference in space! LOVED the balcony, LOVED having the queen bed, pull out couch and little dumbo bed. Drinking coffee in the morning on your balcony sure is nice. Loved the ability to walk to Epcot and HS as well. Only con for me was the quick service. I know theres the bakery but I would rather have waffles or pancakes for breakfast so I stopped by at Beach Club when we walked to Epcot. The other days I would get a bagel. The quick service at Beach Club was so tiny compared to the values and moderates we’re used to, and I thought it was weird it was in a gift shop. Not many food options but I only cared about my Mickey waffles :)

Next morning we walked over with our luggage to Dolphin where we spent the rest of our trip. We were able to get a convention rate (I believe $135 a night). No complains about Dolphin- thought it was a great price for the location. Again though, I missed being close to Mickey waffles. Loved being in walking distance to other resorts. One day after MK we just hopped on the bus to BWV since the Dolphin/Swan bus was taking forever and just walked over.

Friday we did the Private Premium VIP Tour. We used the 25% off from DVC but still was pricey. It was amazing though. Our guide would tell us about hidden mickeys to look for before we got on rides and some history about them. He answered any questions we had. We went through the fast pass line for each ride as well as for the characters. We did Epcot and MK. It was a different experience and was cool being driven backstage. For example, we saw where all the food and wine kiosks are stored while we were driving.

Sunday we did our first MVMCP! We had a blast and loved meeting the characters in their christmas attire. We were on line for the 7D’s a little over an hour before they came out so we were one of the first to meet them. Then we did donald, minnie, daisy in that area (skipped goofy since we got him at AK) and headed over to meet the Genie. I loved the fireworks and parade. I’m glad we did it, but I don’t think we’d do it again just because we don’t think its worth the price.

I think the Epcot resorts don't have QS locations due to their proximity to Epcot. Odd though that the MK ones do, at least Poly does. I don't eat at QS at the resort except for breakfast and as long as there is some sort of egg dish, I'm good. I've stayed at BWV 3 times and would walk over to BC for my breakfast, get it to go and sit out on the big ole porch that faces the BW at BWI and enjoy. I'm a huge fan of YC so while I've stayed at BWV, given a choice between BW and YC, I'll go YC every time. There is a QS option at Dolphin but, as you found out, they don't have the Mickey waffles, I'm not a fan so it's never been a big deal for me. Sounds like you had a great trip though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!