Trip for 6 under $7k?

I wanted to comments on lodging ideas-our last trip was me, dh, two teens, a tween and my parents. We got adjoining rooms at Pop Century, one room being accessible (for my parents). Basically, dh and girls stayed in one room, ds slept in my folks room, but we went back and forth with the door between open usually except at night. This worked out well, we had enough room and two bathrooms. We really did not spend much time in the rooms. Sometimes my parents went back to rest and they would just shut the door for quiet in case we came back.

I am glad we stayed on property. We were all able to get around easily and whenever we wanted to. This was way more important to us than larger accomadations that we would have spent little time in anyways. We had free dining so that was awesome! I loved having the dining plan. And the extended park hours were so fun! The trip was a few years back so I dont know current costs but at the time it was the cheapest on site option for a large family (other then camping).

what about 2 rooms at a value plus add the DP cost pp ? Wouldn't that be more economical,esp. since it would likely be RO discount at some point? then just add base tickets for 7? Maybe I'm wrong, but I like the values for,well, the value!

With 6 adults, I would look at 2 rooms at a moderate, maybe CBR or CSR as the beds there are queen size, requesting the same building and link the 2 room together. Just having the room to move around in and if someone wants to nap or take a break then its possible, also privacy should be considered in the plan. Keep on the look out and keep checking for free dinning, then you can up grade to different dinning plan if you want. When we take the kids and grandkids, we go the DDXDP route, DH says it gives him piece of mind knowing that 1) its paid for and 2) he doesn't worry about who is ordering what, which makes him be able to enjoy the time with the kids more. Also with 2 rooms everyone get a real bed.

Will you want Park hopper add on's? this will increase the budget somewhat, but before the grandkids our kids would want to go over and eat around the world showcase a different country every night.

I did a trip a few years back at AoA in a Lion King Family Suite, it was my DM, DD and myself, and there was plenty of room for 3 grown up ladies, and I could see a family with younger children being comfortable, but not six adults all in one room.

Also if you do 2 rooms, you could do 2 different dinning plans as now you can share dinning entitlement's, as the room are two separate reservations. Putting 2 adults in one room, with DDXDP and 4 in the other room QSDP . Now saying this you would have to really get into planning, and breaking down how to use the entitlements to your best advantage. I have some friends that just did this and I helped them, well really I did most of the planning to help her out. So what they did was use the DDXDP meals for dinner and one character breakfast Chef Mickeys. Then the shared the QS meals between them for the other meals. Even sharing meals which made the entitlements go even farther and with all the snack credits between both plans they were covered, even brought home a couple of snacks with them.

pixiedust:Happy Planningpixiedust:

More than 2 adults in a single room would drive me nuts personally!

You can do 3 rooms at All Star Music, 5 day non-hopper tickets and the QS dining plan for $6455. Full service dining plan would run you about $7485.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts