Trip Feb 2018 advice

royal99

Mouseketeer
Hi All

Need a bit of advice on a planned trip in Feb 2018. I have been to Disneyworld many times but as we not returning for a few years we want to give Disneyland Paris a go, but need advice on a few things.

It's three adults two kids 5/3.

Plan is to drive/ ferry dover calais. This is due to cost, Eurostar is crazy money and cheapest flights still more expensive (taking in petrol/tolls).

Heading over first thing Monday in half term back late Friday. I had considered doing it at leisure on Sunday and staying about hour away in cheap hotel. This would mean getting more out of our first day, anyone stayed halfway? Where and was it worth it?

Hotel is between Newport bay and new York similar cost, which one would you choose?

Thinking of doing breakfast only and paying for rest. Is half board worth it? It seems a lot of buffets, are these of any quality? Is premium worth upgrade, does it include , downtown resturants?
I have found so far getting information on Disneyworld restaurants so much easier last year than I have with DLP.

I am used to using the new fastpases system, any tips for going back to ticket system?

Thinking of doing a trip into Paris on the middle day anyone done any of coach trips? Worth the money, we would probably do the river cruise Eiffel tower one.

Lots of questions but even if you can only help with one I will be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Heading over first thing Monday in half term back late Friday. I had considered doing it at leisure on Sunday and staying about hour away in cheap hotel. This would mean getting more out of our first day, anyone stayed halfway? Where and was it worth it?

We've only driven once and did got the Eurotunnel first thing in the morning and then drove - were at Disneyland by lunchtime. Depends what your journey is like prior to the French side.

Hotel is between Newport bay and new York similar cost, which one would you choose?

My preference is Hotel New York - I've not stayed at Newport Bay, but it has been refurbed and is supposed to be lovely. The only thing that stops me is the potential of having a room far away from reception - I've read reports that it can take 10 minutes to get to your room depending on location. I've also seen the pathway closed to NPB sometimes which means a trek around the lake. Hotel New York is closer to the parks, which we enjoy especially in winter.

Thinking of doing breakfast only and paying for rest. Is half board worth it? It seems a lot of buffets, are these of any quality? Is premium worth upgrade, does it include , downtown resturants?
I have found so far getting information on Disneyworld restaurants so much easier last year than I have with DLP.

We only take half board if it's included in the offer - unless you will eat all buffets or a full 3 course meal at table restaurants then you can eat cheaper without it. The buffets are nice, both in the hotel and parks. We enjoyed the Plaza Gardens recently. The plan does include restaurants in the village with the exception of Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, King Ludwigs and McDonalds. Upgrade to premium only really worth it if you would eat at the highest rated restaurants, Inventions (character buffet)/Californian Grill at Disneyland Hotel, Auberge (princess character dining), Walts on Main St, Buffalo Bills Wild West Show.
I wouldn't pay for breakfast. If however you take the Empire State Club room in HNY or Compass Club room at NPB it includes breakfast. Menus for most of the restaurants are now available on the Disneylandparis.co.uk website to get an idea of what you fancy.

I am used to using the new fastpases system, any tips for going back to ticket system?

In Feb you should be ok, but BTM fastpasses tend to run out quickly - be sure to go back to the ride for your timeslot as the CM's can be strict about timings especially if it's busy. Ratatoullie in the studios is busy too and fastpasses run out quickly, so be at the studios early one day if you want to ride this.

Thinking of doing a trip into Paris on the middle day anyone done any of coach trips? Worth the money, we would probably do the river cruise Eiffel tower one.

We did this a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It was summer though, so very busy. We bypassed the queues for the tower as we were with the tour guide so it was worth it for that.

Lots of questions but even if you can only help with one I will be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter