Trip April/May 2020

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
I've never planned a trip quite this far in advance so just looking for any insight that I might overlook. I'm planning to go ahead and book our resort stay just so we can be sure to get a campsite at Fort Wilderness.

With Easter being April 12, 2020.. I would think any time after that would be a decent time to go. However, Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar says basically all of April 2020 is "red", while May is "yellow". We can go either month, but, the cooler, the better. ;)

Are there any events that I'm not thinking about that could affect crowds? We have gone between spring break and summer break a few times, and always find it nice.

Just a little info about us: we camp at Fort Wilderness, love Flower and Garden Festival, and we will not be going anywhere near Star Wars GE, although we might do an Early Morning Magic if they offer it for Toy Story Land, but that's not a must, either.

Thanks in advance.

The week before and after easter will probably be bonkers, depending on the schools that move their breaks around.

The third week is always MA school vacation week (and I think CT school vacation week)

The last week is NH school vacation week and I think they are the oddball in their week selection, so I would be comfortable with picking that week or the following week in May if you're trying to balance crowds/weather

I've never planned a trip quite this far in advance so just looking for any insight that I might overlook. I'm planning to go ahead and book our resort stay just so we can be sure to get a campsite at Fort Wilderness.

With Easter being April 12, 2020.. I would think any time after that would be a decent time to go. However, Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar says basically all of April 2020 is "red", while May is "yellow". We can go either month, but, the cooler, the better. ;)

Are there any events that I'm not thinking about that could affect crowds? We have gone between spring break and summer break a few times, and always find it nice.

Just a little info about us: we camp at Fort Wilderness, love Flower and Garden Festival, and we will not be going anywhere near Star Wars GE, although we might do an Early Morning Magic if they offer it for Toy Story Land, but that's not a must, either.

Thanks in advance.
April was always our go to month due to school being out. We’ve been there before, during & after Easter & it has always been very crowded. More so every passing year. Last year being the worst so much so we are not going this year. Last year it was already HOT. I think the problem with April is that all schools (public, private, colleges) all have breaks at different times so it’s slways crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter