Tried to show the in-laws that Disney service at The Wave.

Imagineer2Be

Mouseketeer
When you bring someone to someplace you love (Disney) you want that love to rub off on them. Unfortunately today that just didn’t happen. I had the worst dining experience I have ever had at Disney with my in-laws who are not Disney people. I wanted them to love the service and the experience, but that didn’t happen.
We had a party of 8 (6 adults, 4 year old, 1 year old) at the Wave. Admittedly this wasn’t my first choice but a party of 8 on 5 days notice is hard. Reservation was at 6:30.

My in-laws were staying at the sea world Hilton. We met at the waterpark today. They went back to shower and then we met at the Wave for dinner.

When we arrived at the table it was only set for 7. This was an omen of things to come. I sat down in my chair and it was like there was no seat. I felt like I might fall through at any time. I was obviously broken. I swapped it for another chair, thinking ok these things happen.

While we waited for our table , some of us got drinks from the lounge, but not all of us. Our waiter NEVER asked if the rest of us wanted drinks. Now only some of us drink but the kids might have preferred juice over water. When we later asked to order drinks he said he needed to drop off the lemonades he had and would come back. He didn’t. I went to the lounge and got my drink instead DURING dinner. We hadn’t see him for at least 15 minutes. It was that bad.

We had asked for more bread. It didn’t arrive until our meal did.

We ordered the cheese appetizer. It was delivered with explanation or information about what each was. While disappointing I wasn’t fed up yet. I am a naturally easy going person.

I ordered the bacon and eggs. It was good but at this point my 1 year old was melting down. My mother in law took him out for a few minutes so I could eat. He had already made a mess on the floor with the bread we handed back and forth.

I don’t like mushrooms. I told the waiter no mushrooms. He told me there were no mushrooms in the noodle bowl. I took my daughter to the restroom and came back after the food was there. It was covered in mushrooms. My daughter ordered a grilled cheese and grapes. Nothing elegant, but there were no grapes.

At this point I lost it. The table was covered in dirty dishes (bread bowl, appetizer, etc.). My in-laws were unimpressed and I was utterly disappointed. All I wanted was to show them my favorite place and I did the hard part and got them there.

I got a manager involved who helped turn the dinner around but the damage was done. My in-laws were not impressed and I don’t blame them. I did get a new noodle bowl without mushrooms, and the girl did get her grapes.

Afterwards,I convinced my brother-in-law and his girlfriend to go to top of the world with me and we loved watching the fireworks. The in-laws were not interested.

Overall, I won’t go back except to the lounge. The noodle bowl was okay but the experience was awful so I can’t recommend it at this time.

That's unfortunate. We had dinner at Toledo the last night of our vacation and the service was not spectacular either. It was a bit slow, and our waitress rarely came to our table. We ordered drinks but my husband wanted some ginger ale also since his stomach was bothering him a bit. He got fed up waiting for the waitress to come by, so he just went to the bar and got the soda on his own.

I know the feeling when you want others to enjoy WDW as much as you, but starting with The Wave was not a great choice. I don't ever expect much out of them.

Same thing here! I’m trying to get my boyfriend “into” Disney. I love to enjoy the different resorts and the activities at whatever resort I stay at... park days are only part of the WDW experience for me. We are both into dining out so I thought I’d get him that way!😊 Unfortunately we had horrible service and “ok” food at Citricos and horrible service AND food at Jiko. I’ve been to both of these restaurants several times but it’s been many years.very disappointing! I recently went with a friend to California Grill and the food and service were outstanding!
Boyfriend and I going to V&A later this month, I’ve only been once, 11 years ago, but I’m pretty confident it will be great. Anyway, I can relate to how you’re feeling!

I hear you. I'd been hearing great things about The Wave but was so disappointed. The service was poor, the food, unimpressive. I found the location dismal. In fairness, I hadn't been to the Contemporary in years and has no idea The Wave was in the old game room location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter