Tried to make ps for sci fi and......

wendyl

<font color=green>Fonzie jumped the shark and danc
They told me they were only going to be open for dinner that night from 4-6. Now, I KNOW I have read about this on the disboards, but I don't remember what I read. I wanted a late night dinner at MGM at the Sci Fi on one of their nights this June where Fantasmic has 2 shows. The theme park is open later--so would Sci Fi REALLY stop serving at 6:00pm??? Or is it just that the restaurant hours have not yet been posted to the reservation center, and so they go with the earliest closing time to be safe???

When should I call back to see if they have opened up new hours?

It depends. I've been told that sometimes they really do stop seating early, but in the summer I'd say it's because they haven't opened up the times yet. They say you can make PS's at 90 days but then some restaurants that don't stay full all day like to wait to open up prime times until the not so prime times are filled. So what you end up having to do is call every day until you get the time you want. Hopefully they won't be all gone when you call.

Thanks--I guess I'll take your advice and just keep calling back. Booo Hoooo

We are going the first of June when MGM is supposed to be open late and 2 Fantasmics and the latest we could get at Prime Time was 6pm also?? I dont know why they dont stay open later when the park is :confused:

Just an F.Y.I. - This happened to me at Mama Melrose. I just called back today for a May 16 PS and was able to get a 6:40. For some reason, they don't open up the later seatings at 90 days out. I am sure they will be open later in June!

We had PS for Prime Time 6/11 at 6pm. They said that was the latest they stayed open. I cb this am to change our ressie to Sci Fi and was told dinner hours are 4pm to 10pm. I made a 7:30 ressie.

I agree with everyone here. For our June trip, I tried to get PS for Sci-Fi for later and also tried to get a PS at Cindy's for dinner around Wishes time and they only had early seatings. I called this afternoon at 29 days out and got Cindy's for a 9:15 dinner and Sci-Fi for 6:30 dinner. Wait until about 30 days out and try again! Good Luck!:wave2:

I had the same problem with Prime Time and the Plaza in the MK. I had made my PSs at the 90 day mark and could only get 5:15 for Prime Time and 4:50 for the Plaza.
I called once they opened up July's hours because I figured by then everything for June should be in the system. I was able to get a later seating for the Plaza but still nothing later for the Prime Time. The CM told me to try at the 30 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter