Tried to Book Early But...

Dockrock

Earning My Ears
Thinking ahead to next August already, I began browsing hotel prices. We need express, so of the 3 offering it, HRH was 240 a night, PBH was 225 and 250 (garden or bay). I couldn't decide if I wanted HRH or ,if PBH, which view I wanted. Figured I'd sleep on it, decide in the morning. So this morning I log on and HRH is now 325 a night! PBH still available so I tried to book on the Universal site... of course there's a problem, site says the expiration date on my card is invalid, which is wrong, it doesn't expire till 2019. So, after I call Universal they explain to me the site won't accept my card for the reservation because it will expire before the date of the reservation.

Never thought of that. Called the card company for a new one with an extended date and they go, "We can Fed Ex that to you for $25!" And then I'm thinking... HRH went up $100 a day overnight. So far PBH is still ok, but what if those rooms disappear overnight too??? What the heck is going on at Universal and who the heck (aside from maybe us) would book a hotel stay almost a year in advance???

Didn't pay the extra. I'm waiting a week for the new card... I'm not paranoid that the rate will go up. I'm not paranoid that the rate will go up. I'm not... well, I am, just a little though.

Like Dani posted, you will see prices go up and down

Especially when conventions are cancelled, prices usually go done as the hotel wants to fill their rooms

Sometimes great price deals can be found 3-4 months out when that happens
I have seen some at 60 days out but those go fast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!