Tried and True or Something New?

We tend to stay at the same resort each stay as we love Pop and know exactly what to expect. It also fits our budget.

When it comes to dining we do about 75% tried and true and 25% try something new.
You and I have the same style. I too love Pop. It feels like home, it fits my budget, but most importantly, im hardly in the room anyway. Literally just to sleep and shower. So its perfect. :) Esp with the new rooms now, love it.

For restaurants, i too do about 75% repeats and 25% new, on average. Or maybe 70/30. :teeth:

You and I have the same style. I too love Pop. It feels like home, it fits my budget, but most importantly, im hardly in the room anyway. Literally just to sleep and shower. So its perfect. :) Esp with the new rooms now, love it.

For restaurants, i too do about 75% repeats and 25% new, on average. Or maybe 70/30. :teeth:

Quick question for staying at Pop. I know with the skyliner coming transportation will have more options, but isn't it very hard to get to the parks using the buses from that area?

We almost always stay at AKL and rent DVC Points. Saana is a must for us. This upcoming trip we are trying all kinds of new things, staying at CBR, getting the DxDDP (1st time on the dining plan), and eating all new to us restaurants, except for our beloved Saana. We are trying out Monsieur Paul, Tusker House, Tiffins, California Grill Brunch and Sci-fi Dine-in. Looking forward to some new experiences.

How do you like renting the DVC points? I am curious because I think it is probably a good deal but I have a hard time not being able to adjust things on my own (and I heard the person who owns the DVC membership is the one who has to make those changes).

How do you like renting the DVC points? I am curious because I think it is probably a good deal but I have a hard time not being able to adjust things on my own (and I heard the person who owns the DVC membership is the one who has to make those changes).

We have quite a bit of success it. We have gone through a broker several times and a private owner that I found here on the disboards. I guess the biggest drawback is that most times you have to pay in full upfront you and there are no refunds. Our trips are almost always planned around an event we are attending so canceling or changing plans is not a big concern for us. You have full control of your fastpasses and dining reservations but if you want to make specific room request the DVC owner would have to do that for you. I would recommend giving it a try. Good luck!!

We have quite a bit of success it. We have gone through a broker several times and a private owner that I found here on the disboards. I guess the biggest drawback is that most times you have to pay in full upfront you and there are no refunds. Our trips are almost always planned around an event we are attending so canceling or changing plans is not a big concern for us. You have full control of your fastpasses and dining reservations but if you want to make specific room request the DVC owner would have to do that for you. I would recommend giving it a try. Good luck!!

Ohhhh, if we can have control on dining and fastpasses that is probably enough control for me haha. Thanks!!

We mix and match a selection of old favorites and new things every trip. We spent Christmas at FW for years and absolutely LOVE the cabins and the feel there, but last year we ended up at CBR because the pricing during construction was just too good to pass up (and I was taking my parents as well as my family). This year I decided to go with BC because I wanted to stay CL and that isn't an option at FW. However I did book Mickey's Backyard BBQ and a sleigh ride, so we could still enjoy some time at FW.

Food wise is much the same. I have eaten in Mexico every trip since I was little, so I almost always include that meal. Every trip we have been with the kids we have had breakfast at 'Ohana. But this year we have some restaurants we haven't tried at all, or some I haven't been to in years. Because we are at BC, we are going to Beaches n' Cream one night. I also dropped Akershus (which I spelled wrong I think but am too lazy to look up) this year and went with the Garden Grill.

Some items are total non negotiable, like the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve.

Quick question for staying at Pop. I know with the skyliner coming transportation will have more options, but isn't it very hard to get to the parks using the buses from that area?
Honestly its a short ride everywhere. I dont find it too long anyway. The furthest is MK, 13 min bus ride roughly. Depending on traffic. Epcot is about 10 min away. HS is approx 6 min, and AK about 7 min.

Honestly its a short ride everywhere. I dont find it too long anyway. The furthest is MK, 13 min bus ride roughly. Depending on traffic. Epcot is about 10 min away. HS is approx 6 min, and AK about 7 min.

Oh that is not bad at all. I thought with all the resorts over in that area there were multiple bus stops before you even got out of the resort area and long lines for the buses. Might have to check into it. Thanks!

We mix and match a selection of old favorites and new things every trip. We spent Christmas at FW for years and absolutely LOVE the cabins and the feel there, but last year we ended up at CBR because the pricing during construction was just too good to pass up (and I was taking my parents as well as my family). This year I decided to go with BC because I wanted to stay CL and that isn't an option at FW. However I did book Mickey's Backyard BBQ and a sleigh ride, so we could still enjoy some time at FW.

Food wise is much the same. I have eaten in Mexico every trip since I was little, so I almost always include that meal. Every trip we have been with the kids we have had breakfast at 'Ohana. But this year we have some restaurants we haven't tried at all, or some I haven't been to in years. Because we are at BC, we are going to Beaches n' Cream one night. I also dropped Akershus (which I spelled wrong I think but am too lazy to look up) this year and went with the Garden Grill.

Some items are total non negotiable, like the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Eve.

How do you find the trip around Christmas time? Is it doable without losing your mind haha?

We go every year for Christmas at love it. Most of the time we have used a private guide service and that has helped tremendously. But one of the main things is we go every year, we know we may not see or ride everything this trip, but we can catch it the next time. I wouldn't necessarily suggest Christmas / NYE if it was a once in a lifetime trip and you would never be back.

My kids don't know any different. To them it is always that crowded, so it doesn't bother them. We went to a World Series game last year and my son asked why there weren't anymore people there when we were waiting to get in ... he knows a long line. That being said, we don't really do lines that much. We have FP's, my kids like the quirky things like the Tikki Room and Carousel of Progress - we are the family that sings along.

We get the DXDP and eat two table service meals a day, some of them signature meals. That way we have two nice breaks during the day where we can sit down for a bit away from the crowds and enjoy a nice meal. Not that the kids really care about that, but it helps DH and I to have the break.

We've usually stayed at our four favourite hotels (BWI, BC, GF, AKL) but now that we have annual passes this year we're going to try all of the Deluxe hotels to see if these four remain our favourites.

I usually try at least 1-2 new restaurants each trip. We usually try to do something different each trip like a tour we haven't done before, or attractions we usually skip or even the occasional RD (we usually don't arrive at a park until 10-ish) or a very late night. Also with the annual passes we're trying different times of year which will also allow us to try different activities such as MNSSHP which we've never done.

So basically a mix of tried and true and new. Keeps it fresh but familiar.

We have our favorites for restaurants - Boma, Biergarten, Earl of sandwich, Splitsville... but then we try and throw in 1 - 2 new each trip.. This upcoming one, we are doing Jiko, and then I am hoping to get Turf Club, too, scheduled in there. It was much easier when we did 10+ day vacations...

We change up the resort--super excited to stay deluxe for the first time at BC. As for dining, we have favorites that are musts every trip, but we like to try new places as well.

Hey everyone,

This could probably have gone in the resort forum as well, but my question is do you guys mostly try new things each trip such as character meals, restaurants, resorts, room type/location, etc. or do you find it hard to try new things because you want to just do or go to your favorite places? We had such a great time at French Quarter I have a hard time wanting to stay anywhere else (even though we are going to the next couple of trips at the moment), and we enjoyed Garden Grill breakfast so much that I want to book it again next trip even though I think we should try a new one instead.

What do you guys end up doing? And were you happy with your choice or did you regret it?

Cheers!
I only get 1 trip per year every September for Food and Wine and Free Dining....and each year the goal is to try bucket list stuff as much as possible!!!! There are standards that we don't wanna miss....but always wanna try new stuff to see everything. Last trip we had 6 nights....which meant 6 dinners.....this time we did 2 Signatures(new) and 1 TS(new) and 1 standard....and all were AWESOME!!! LOVE to mix it up!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!