• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tricks for baby and 4yo in one room

Eric Julie and Hailey

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Our 9 mo old baby is a very light sleeper. Our 4 yo is a deep deep sleeper. Anyone have any tricks to keep a baby sleeping in a standard hotel room?

Does the baby sleep with music on? My 2 yo has always slept with a baby mozart tape going, and with that on, he can sleep through anything. We're going down Friday, and I'll have the cd player with me.

Try adjusting the bed times to put the 4 year old to bed first. That way the older child will not wake up the baby getting ready for bed. Also try not to let the baby nap too much in the stroller during the day. Also try to find a good quite place in the room for the crib. You might also try hanging blankets over the sides to make it darker and quiter or find a corner you can hang a sheet from something to block off an area of the room. At a non WDW resort we once have a folding screen that we put around our DS then >2. That was perfect but never hear of WDW having them. Good luck. Hope they both will be so tired that sleep will not even be an issue.

Jordan's mom

We found when we went on trips that having the parents split up and sleep with one of the kids made bedtime much easier and the kids seemed to sleep better through the night (including our very light sleepers) but then we've always slept with our babies. The hardest night is always the first night before you go to the parks. There is just so much excitement that the kids just can't seem to settle down. After a full day in the parks, though, the kids seem to do bedtime much easier for some odd reason ;)

:earsgirl:

We've found that having some background noise works best. We usually bring a small fan with us. It provides just enough background noise that other sounds don't seem as loud. You can also buy white noise machines at Sharper Image and other stores, many have other sounds too. Sometimes we've turned on the exhaust fan in the bathroom - but often these are too loud - or they rattle. Hope this helps!

We set the area between the bathrooms and closet up like a "baby's room". We brought the night light and her blankets as well as her favorite tape and player. I also broght a sheet and push pins to keep the room cornerered off. This worked really well and allowed DH her down time to "talk" with her stuffed toys before falling off to sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter