• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trick or Treating in Sept? Why not!

erinmarie2224

Mouseketeer
Frozen Summer Fun, Wishes Fireworks Party, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Food & Wine Festival - all packed into 7 days! :dance3:

I'm always so amazed by how quick a trip at Disney goes by - after months of planning it always seems like it is the last day in a blink of an eye! Now to continue on my trip (at least in mind) I'm doing my first ever trip report which was amazing due to some great advice I've gotten on this board.

My DH and I did take a trip before my DD was born (yes we did take a babymoon). While we were there we got her name embroidered on mickey ears as the way to announce her name to our families. While we were there we were making plans for our first trip there which was only just a short 2 years later.

Last year we did a split stay in AKL and CS. I fell in love with AKL so much so that CS felt like such a let down when we got there. We had a great time however and I was able to convince my husband to go back this year - just before our DD turned 3 (and was still free!). I was very excite to get back to AKL.

Who: The trips starts with just DH, DD and me at YC. The 2nd half of the trip my MIL, FIL & SIL joined us at CBR.

Where: I'm so indecisive when it comes to hotels stays. This time we started off booking AKL again, then moved to AOA Little Mermaid for my DD. Then my husband asked my ILs to join us on this trip. My MIL can't walk too far so AOA didn't seem like the best choice so we moved to CBR as rumors of Free Dining started seeming more likely. Then I decided we needed some luxury so finally decided on a split stay between YC Club Level and CBR.

Why: My DD's birthday, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Food & Wine Festival.

Planning the Trip:surfweb:
I set my alarm for each of the milestones to give us the best chance to get our desired ADRs and FP+s. My husband thought I was crazy at the time...

Well I've shared my internal struggle over the hotel stay above. I was on the phone the day Free Dining was announced in May to book this stay (thanks to this board!) for my family and my ILs.

The only problem is they decided to join us after I had made our ADRs. When I booked our ADRs I had my priorities to get BOG and CP before parking opening. I had gotten both of these and luckily for the most part our ADRs were able to adjust to the bigger party.

I literally stalked the reservations page looking for a better day/time for BOG but couldn't find it. So off they went to Bahama Breeze.

Again thanks to this board, I was able to make a reservation at both the Wishes Fireworks Party and the Frozen Fireworks Party for our vacation.

I overslept the day to make FP+s and was so worried I missed out on Anna & Elsa. :worried: I got so lucky that there was a time at the beginning of our trip and 7DMT! Everything was working out very nicely.

I was excited about making this the best trip for my DD and then for my ILs.

Next Up... Arrival Day :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter