Trick or Treat & Eat Some Sweets! Oct 2018 TR - LInk to new TR 5/17/19!

He was supposed to be a foster for a few days over Christmas but yeah, that didn’t work out.

Foster fail for the win. :dogdance: Lucky pup.

youngest baby is Elle

All of them are cute - this is an adorable pic.

Managed to get an excellent seat in club level without realizing that was the ticket he bought.

Pixie dust before getting to Disney. I've done this and it was a great little surprise at the event.

He sent me this picture of an interesting street name he spotted in Tampa.

Awwww....thinking of you.

By the time I got to DS, the rain had finally stopped for good.

Perfect timing.

I do have my Fitbit stats though, not a huge walking day for me.

That's still a good amount of walking.

I'm here! I'm so sorry we missed each other down there, especially since we most likely crossed-paths and didn't know it!

Apparently that gas station was on Disney property and they don’t sell lottery tickets on Disney property.

Mike and I went to that same gas station to get lottery tickets and were told the same thing :rotfl: Luckily, we had a car and were able to drive off property that night and another night to get our Mega Millions and Powerball…the crazy was real!

We thought it was funny when she said they didn't sell lottery because they were on Disney property, but they sold cigarettes and booze :rotfl2:

Just taking a peek and will pop in as I can. :) Lots of hours at work these days, so keeping my commenting on the lighter side. :hug:

What a great start to your trip! I don't blame you for flying down earlier, I mean if there's already a Disney room being paid for then why not! haha

Interesting that Disney doesn't sell lottery tickets on property!

or a Dorkie or

Uhm yeah those aren't the cheerleaders for the Redwings. LOL.:cheer2: WE have a dear friend who is also a die hard Redwings fan and it doesn't matter if their season is good or bad...like a true fan.

Managed to get an excellent seat in club level without realizing that was the ticket he bought.
Those are awesome seats

Juggling four dogs by myself is quite the feat.
you mean like this.

Sierra, Remmy, Buddy and Elle are cute fur babies.

He ended up buying me the Pluto shirt and the Pluto stuffie because he knows how obsessed I am with Pluto
Cute my husband MArk is a big Pluto fan too. He even has a sticker of him on his phone.

Thought I quoted the pic of Jim in the Coke bear hat. Wanted to say he looks like a big ole fun goofball, I think he'd be fun to hang with.

Hopping over from your last TR. looking forward to reading about your adventures .

Hello from Norway... we just got back from Disney on Sunday and I am looking forward to reading your TR :)

Hi Ariana looking forward to reading all about your trip.

Hi! Thanks for joining in!

Well even though I’m fairly absent from the Dis these days, I did read your intro and first post so hopefully I can keep up but if not, at least I got those two posts in. Ugh. I’m a horrible Diser these days. Anyway, I forgot you guys are in Atlanta, too! My DH works for 680 The Fan and gets free sports events tickets so we should get together at some point!

I totally understand not having a lot of DIS time! Hopefully you can stop in now and then.

Oh, that would be fun. Jim and I did get a six game package to the Gwinnett Gladiators this year. Our first game is this Saturday.

He should've asked them to sign his autograph book!!

Would you believe he forgot his autograph book this trip? :( It was my fault of course because I forgot to remind him. :rotfl2: We ended up not doing a lot of meet and greets though so it wasn't a big deal.

Adorable ears! AND I love that shirt! Halestorm is awesome

Jim definitely loves Halestorm. We saw them in concert a few years ago in Cherokee, NC but the sound sucked for some reason so we didn't enjoy it as much as we should have.

Yay, glad you've started!

Sounds like Jim had a nice time on his solo venture to Tampa! Glad to hear you had no problems meeting him down there. Sounds like a nice first night at Disney Springs!

Jim did have a really nice time and DS was great once the rain stopped.

I’m joining in, DS for the first night is always a good place to start a trip especially when you had an extra night!

We have tried HOB and really liked our food there as well, it has been awhile since we have been there.

My husband is the same way, he had to get a lottery ticket that night and he was on a trip, he made sure to find a store selling the tickets, didn’t win of course, otherwise I would be in Disney World right now, lol!

I love the Pluto shirt and the Christmas Pluto. Andi loves Pluto, she has the Pluto hat and it is signed by the Fab 5.

There's so many good options at DS now, it will be years before I can try them all! I had actually been to HOB before too but I let Jim pick that night. I may have gone elsewhere. The first time I ate at HOB they had an amazing lobster mac and cheese on the menu. I was sad to see that it was no longer available.

If only we had won that lottery! I'd own a house in Golden Oaks right now with an open invitation to all my Disney friends to visit!

Pluto is kind of my thing if you hadn't guessed. :rotfl:I have an entire room dedicated to him in my house. Unfortunately that room flooded in January thanks to a broken pipe (no Plutos were harmed thank goodness) and I still haven't got everything back where it belongs.

Yay! another TR! following along and looking forward to all your adventures.
We left WDW on the 20th after two VERY hot and humid weeks...didn't expect it to be in the 90's that much.
Doesn't this resort have coffee pots in the room? interesting.
I found an amazing airfare for early December and we ALMOST went for another dose of Disney, but came to my senses (or not lol) and decided to stick to our plan of driving to California instead.
Did it rain a lot while you were there? Can't wait to hear more. :stitch2:

It was definitely a lot hotter on this trip than I thought it would be. We didn't use sweatshirts at all!

Values don't have coffee pots in the rooms. Well, maybe the renovated rooms do now, I have no idea, but definitely not the old rooms.

I would love to go back in December for the Christmas stuff but I've got a busy few weeks coming up plus I'm out of vacation days for the year.

We had barely any rain, the first day was basically it!

Your first night sounds great!

We did have a very fun first night.

Following! Fun that Jim got to have some alone time first!

He was pretty happy to get to see his Red Wings again.

This has happened to us a couple times now; once when the 4 of us were originally flying down together but then made a change, so Chris and I came down 3 day before Ricky and Steve. Then this past May we flew down with my stepson but his gf picked him up at MCO. He was on our reservation so they asked why their were only 2 of us lol. Never seems to be a problem but they do check.

Huh, guess they have to check for some reason.

We ate at HOB for the first time in Sept! I had this sangria - I'm a big sangria fan

I really like HOB and we also discovered that they take Tables in Wonderland even thought they weren't on the list when I checked. They also don't add the automatic 18% tip which is nice.

But, didn't like this particular one for the same reason. In fact I ended up just getting a soda half way through my sangria because I really, really didn't like it

While I was a fan I did drink it all. Didn't want the alcohol to go to waste. :rotfl: I definitely won't be getting it again though. Now at the Hoop Dee Doo in May I will be drinking many sangrias, they are really good.

Sounds like fun already!

It was a very fun trip!

Joining in for another one!

Too bad you didn't get the Baseball section. The room I had at ASMu was right on the end of Calypso building 1, by the parking lot, so our view the whole trip was the Baseball section at Sports.

I wasn't sure how I felt about the new look World of Disney. It was only half done in August when I saw it. But most people are saying they like it, especially now it's been fully revealed. I still miss the Disney figures on the ceiling. I think I would need to see the finished product to decide.

Yeah, I stayed in pretty much the same exact location in the Calypso building. That's how I knew it would be close. It wasn't a bad walk though even from the Tennis section.

I do miss the Disney figures in WOD but having more room to move around was nice. There was still one small section closed off when we were there in October.

Hi, I'm here! We are still at WDW so we just saw the adorable stockings. I loved the Stitch one

Hope you had a great trip! I loved all the cute stockings. I got a Pirate Pluto one last year.

I am here! Just got back from WDW myself.

Hi Ryan! Can't wait to read all about your trip. I definitely want to do that Wine & Dine 5K someday.

:wave:

Funny how those creep up on you. I just mentioned the other day and had to count first. I was actually surprised at how many I was up to.
(10, so you don't have to look.)

And I think there are more than 16 too. I combined a trip or two into one TR so it might be 17 or 18.

I need to go back and fix all the links in my first one. Not exactly worrying about it much.

Yep, not too worried about my first one either. After all, it was way back in 2012 before FP+!

Nah. We've met. Probably closer to 35.

:blush:

Congratulations! Milestone.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that Ariana.

Thanks again.

Nice little family vacation. :)

It was, we really should do stuff like that more often.

Whoops! :rolleyes:
Sorry (not sorry) about that!

Ha! Not your fault. I blame the idiots in Atlanta who didn't go see the games enough. Any time we went to see the Red Wings or Penguins play the whole stadium was routing for those teams. The Thrashers just couldn't build up a big enough fan base to last in Atlanta.

Really! Wow. Impressed.

Yep, no fees to change a flight, they just charge you (or credit you) the difference in price.

I've heard of that early bird on someone else's TR. I'd be getting that every time. I've never flown where the seats weren't assigned and I pretty much always check in 24 hours in advance so I can get what I want.

I always do Early Bird. No need to stress about being online right at 24 hours to check in or finding a seat once on the plane.

I like Jim's friends too.

Although I am surprised they became friends considering the shirt he was wearing.

I am too! They were probably just being polite because they have to be. :rotfl2:

Huh! Never heard of anyone doing that before!

I'm pretty sure I read about someone doing it here on the DIS and that's what gave me the idea. I've also read about people having them shipped to their resort from Walmart or Amazon. Jocelyn did ask about the refillable mugs but since we didn't do a meal plan, she would have had to buy one. This was a cheaper and more convenient way because it meant they didn't have to trek back and forth to the food court to get coffee.

bureaucracy.

Tell me about it. :sad2:

I bet!
I forgot to mention in the previous comments how cute your pups are!

Thanks! They are definitely a lively crew and keep us on our toes.

I don't recall seeing that. How does that work? Do you need a pass?

Yep, you need to have a Peach Pass to use the new lanes. They start on 575 up near my house and go all the way down 75 to 285. They are reversible so they run south bound in the morning and northbound in the evening. I'm surprised you didn't notice them if you were on 75 at all. They run right down the middle of the highway.

Ever since our first stay at ASMu, I try very hard to get a closer room/building. Those far buildings are far.

We were in the Rock building this trip and I didn't think it was too bad of a walk. I would have definitely liked Jazz or Calypso as they are closer. Country is the one I would not want to be in, that one is a long ways from the front.

Oh! Is that where the car care center is? I'm renting (I think) there next year.

No, I'm not sure where the car center is. I think Jim rented from Enterprise and he dropped his rental at the Enterprise office near DS. It was about a mile away so he just walked over to DS.

Golden opportunity.
You should have burst into tears and poured out a tale of how Jim left you for four Thrashers Girls and how devastated you were and...

"Here! Here! Take a bunch of unlimited fast passes! Geesh! Here!!"

:rotfl2:Probably wouldn't have worked for me as I'm a terrible actress. I would have burst into laughter half way through trying to tell that story.

I just saw those on another TR. I like them.

They are cute but I think they would start to annoy me after a while. Most ears give me headaches anyways so I don't wear them.

I like that! Gonna have to look for that one.

The only place I saw it was at 28 and Main which is in the Co-Op Marketplace at DS.

Really! I had no idea. Huh.
Guess Disney wants all your money. None to go to the lottery.

Yeah I guess. But the sell cigarettes and liquor at the same gas station. :confused3

Foster fail for the win. :dogdance: Lucky pup.

He definitely is spoiled rotten. He has not one, not two but three Mickey Mouse beds!

All of them are cute - this is an adorable pic.

Thanks! They are definitely a fun bunch.

Pixie dust before getting to Disney. I've done this and it was a great little surprise at the event.

You would think it would say club level somewhere when you buy the tickets but I guess not.

That's still a good amount of walking.

I think this was one of our lowest days too!

I'm here! I'm so sorry we missed each other down there, especially since we most likely crossed-paths and didn't know it!

I was too! It would have been fun to meet up but at least we have May coming up!

Mike and I went to that same gas station to get lottery tickets and were told the same thing :rotfl: Luckily, we had a car and were able to drive off property that night and another night to get our Mega Millions and Powerball…the crazy was real!

We thought it was funny when she said they didn't sell lottery because they were on Disney property, but they sold cigarettes and booze

That is funny!

Just taking a peek and will pop in as I can. :) Lots of hours at work these days, so keeping my commenting on the lighter side. :hug:

Hi! Thanks for stopping in. No worries about getting here all the time, I know how real life can get in the way.

What a great start to your trip! I don't blame you for flying down earlier, I mean if there's already a Disney room being paid for then why not! haha

Interesting that Disney doesn't sell lottery tickets on property!

True, while I was worried about driving in the middle of the night, extra Disney time was definitely another reason to go a day early.

Uhm yeah those aren't the cheerleaders for the Redwings. LOL.:cheer2: WE have a dear friend who is also a die hard Redwings fan and it doesn't matter if their season is good or bad...like a true fan.

Nope not Red Wing cheerleaders but I don't think Jim cared one way or the other. :rotfl2:

you mean like this.

Yep! I have tried walking more than one of the on a leash and it hasn't been pretty. But we have a fenced in back yard so ours are not used to being on leashes that often.

Thought I quoted the pic of Jim in the Coke bear hat. Wanted to say he looks like a big ole fun goofball, I think he'd be fun to hang with.

He does have a weird sense of humor that's for sure. :rotfl:

Hopping over from your last TR. looking forward to reading about your adventures .

Hi! Thanks for stopping in.

Hello from Norway... we just got back from Disney on Sunday and I am looking forward to reading your TR :)

Hi! Wow, all the way from Norway. Thanks for joining in.

Crazy Slinky Dog Rope Drop

Before I get started on Day 2, I found a few more pictures from Day 1. Jim picked up a few souvenirs on his way to Orlando. At the hockey game, he bought a Tampa Bay Lightning magnet.

And while he was at Walmart picking up the coffee pots, he found a Tampa Bay Buccaneers t-shirt.

Jim’s a little odd with his sports team picks. He likes the Pittsburgh Pirates for baseball, Detroit Red Wings for hockey and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for football.

I also found the pictures of the two tin signs he bought at the Coke store.

Another thing Jim did while solo at Disney Springs was to make me two different Pluto pressed pennies.

Also, when he stopped at the front desk of our resort to check in, he picked us up Anniversary pins since our 20th was a few days before this trip.

All right, let’s move on to Day 2, Saturday, October 20th, 2018. Mom, John and Jocelyn were not set to land at MCO till about 8:30 am so Jim and I decided to go on ahead to Hollywood Studios and have them meet us there. I wasn’t able to get Slinky Dog Dash FPs till later in the week after Jim was gone and he wanted to try to get a ride in before it got too crowded.

It was going to be a scorcher of a day, well into the 90s and almost as hot as it was during my August trip. At the last minute, I changed my outfit around. I was planning on wearing a Pluto shirt with capris but the shirt was a bit thick so instead I put on the yellow Pluto shirt Jim bought me the day before along with shorts. I also decided to pull my hair back for the day. I prefer to have it down for pictures but when it’s that hot I want it up off of my neck!

We were up and out the door around 6:45 am to start the trek over to All Star Music. HS didn’t open until 9 am but we had to drop off our luggage with bell services and grab some breakfast before heading to the buses. I wanted to get there early enough to be at the front of the pack for the SDD madness.

We did have to make a quick stop though for Jim to have his picture taken with Donald before we left All Star Sports.

We hiked to the front of All Star Sports and then through some parking lots over to All Star Music. It took us about 10 minutes to make it to Bell Services at All Star Music.

After that, we ducked into the food court and I picked up a banana, plain bagel and a coke to take with me to the park. Jim had already finished my brownie from the night before and he didn’t want anything else. I tucked my purchases into Jim’s backpack and we headed out to the buses where we walked straight onto a completely empty bus to HS. You know Jim is excited (or pretending to be for my sake) when the Devil Horns come out.

We arrived at HS and started the long trek from the buses to the main entrance. I had read about how long this walk was but honestly thought it wouldn’t be that bad. Yeah no, it was that bad, even Jim commented on it and he never complains about walking anywhere.

By 7:50 am, this was our view.

We ended up second in line at the turnstile we picked. Jim immediately plopped down on the ground and pulled out a book to read. I ate my breakfast, took a bathroom break and talked to the people around me. I had a great conversation about DVC with a gentleman behind me. I would love to buy into DVC but haven’t been able to convince Jim. That’s not a purchase that I can make without his approval!

While we were waiting, I got a text from my Mom letting me know that they had arrived at MCO and were on the way to DME. She continued to text me throughout the morning, letting me know their progress.

Around 8:30, they let us into the park and we were held right by Starbucks for the next while.

We were only a few people back from the front and this was the scene behind us.

I was really hoping they would let us go into Toy Story Land a bit early but it was almost 9 am before they started to lead us back to the land. Man, this was ten times crazier than Extra Magic Hours were in August! I got pushed around a lot on the walk and even got full on run over by a stroller at one point. Thank goodness I had on tennis shoes and not sandals! I expected it to be a bit more crowded being a Saturday but it was seriously crazy on this morning. Here’s the view coming around the corner into TSL. As you can see, Jim being taller and a bit more aggressive, had gotten a ways in front of me. He's easy to spot in his bright orange shirt and camo backpack.

Finally, we made it to the entrance for Slinky Dog around 9:05 am.

Because I was shuffled back some during the walk there, we ended up waiting about 15 minutes which was still not too bad. Here’s a few line photos to pass the time.

Hmmm, guess I didn’t take as many as I thought I did.

Our ride photo didn’t come out that well thanks to the weird shadows that morning.

Jim ended up really enjoying Slinky Dog. He’s not a big thrill ride enthusiast so Slinky was very much his speed. This was my third time riding it and I still liked it a lot. Unlike the first two times though, I loaded into the car first. Wow! What a difference being on that side makes. I found it a lot more thrilling because any time the track leans a bit it’s towards the left. Being seated on the left side, you get a much better view of the huge drop to the ground on those curves!

After SDD we both needed to use the restroom which is over by Alien Saucer Swirl. The line for that ride didn’t look too bad on the way to the bathroom but by the time we were done, it had almost tripled in size. Since we had a FP for it later that afternoon, we decided to head to Toy Story Mania instead.

The wait time for TSM said 30 minutes but I didn’t think it would take that long. Well, for once I was wrong. We ended up waiting 50 minutes for the ride. By the time I realized how long it was going to take we were pretty much committed so we stayed put. It was already hot that day so the air conditioning was nice plus it gave me time to take some line photos and look around for hidden Mickey’s. I totally missed a pretty obvious one in the first room that John spotted when we rode later that week. The first two photos are from the outside part of the line.

We were routed to the third track.

Jim and I are very competitive and he usually beats me on this one. Things were looking grim for me, he was beating me the entire time, but somehow I managed to pull ahead of him during the last game and won by a hair.

He was not a happy camper! And I was bummed that I came so close to 200,000 again! Grrrr, someday I will get that score. But at least I won!

After TSM, we exited out of TSL which had gotten jam packed by then and headed towards the Animation Courtyard. I had one more thing I wanted to do before the rest of the family arrived. I wanted to meet my main dog! There was a short line but I don’t think we waited more than 10 minutes before it was our turn to see Pluto. He really loved my bag and shirt and spent some time checking them out.

He did one pose with both of us.

And then he kicked Jim out so that I could have a picture with just him. He wanted to pose like dogs so that’s exactly what we did.

After the Pluto meet, Jim needed a bathroom break so we headed over to the one in the Animation Courtyard. Just as he headed into the bathroom, I got a text from Mom saying that they were on Hollywood Blvd. I told them to head towards Launch Bay and meet us there since Jim was still in the bathroom.

Up Next: Rockin’ Away the Afternoon

land. Man, this was ten times crazier than Extra Magic Hours were in August! I got pushed around a lot on the walk and even got full on run over by a stroller at one point. Thank goodness I had on tennis shoes and not sandals! I expected it to be a bit more crowded being a Saturday but it was seriously crazy on this morning. Here’s the view coming around the corner into TSL. As you can see, Jim being taller and a bit more aggressive, had gotten a ways in front of me. He's easy to spot in his bright orange shirt and camo backpack.

CRAZY!! I had that too and while I started at the front, I was jostled to further behind. Just not as fast as I was a few years ago. Still 15 minutes isn't bad!

I love the new queue for TSMM! So many cool things to look at and I LOVE the ViewMaster disk. Brought back so many memories. :)

Would you believe he forgot his autograph book this trip? :( It was my fault of course because I forgot to remind him. :rotfl2:
Of course it was your fault!!

PS My Facebook just started reminding me of my WDW memories from the trip when we met a few years back!! I can't believe it's already been YEARS!!!

Jim’s a little odd with his sports team picks. He likes the Pittsburgh Pirates for baseball, Detroit Red Wings for hockey and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for football.
Well at least they're all east of the Mississippi in any case LOL

Also, when he stopped at the front desk of our resort to check in, he picked us up Anniversary pins since our 20th was a few days before this trip.

He did a good job with getting you pennies, buttons AND even buying you some Pluto gear! Rob would be like, "oh, you wanted buttons?"

Love it!

You know Jim is excited (or pretending to be for my sake) when the Devil Horns come out.
But, of course!!

Unlike the first two times though, I loaded into the car first. Wow! What a difference being on that side makes. I found it a lot more thrilling because any time the track leans a bit it’s towards the left. Being seated on the left side, you get a much better view of the huge drop to the ground on those curves!
Good God, I'm so glad you told me before I dragged Jimmy on this like a big liar, "Oh, Jimmy, you'll love it!!"

I would love to buy into DVC but haven’t been able to convince Jim. That’s not a purchase that I can make without his approval!
Thank goodness I convinced Chad! I've been wanting to buy in for 15+ years and finally all the pieces fell into place summer of 2017! Maybe you will get him convinced soon. Look into resale!! Much more economical.

Because I was shuffled back some during the walk there, we ended up waiting about 15 minutes which was still not too bad.
Definitely sounds like you guys did well!

Jim ended up really enjoying Slinky Dog. He’s not a big thrill ride enthusiast so Slinky was very much his speed.
Sounds just like my DH!

And I think there are more than 16 too. I combined a trip or two into one TR so it might be 17 or 18.

Me too. My current one will have 3 trips.

Yep, not too worried about my first one either. After all, it was way back in 2012 before FP+!

Hey! Me too! Started April, 2012.

It was, we really should do stuff like that more often.

:)

Ha! Not your fault. I blame the idiots in Atlanta who didn't go see the games enough. Any time we went to see the Red Wings or Penguins play the whole stadium was routing for those teams. The Thrashers just couldn't build up a big enough fan base to last in Atlanta.

Think Jets games are pretty much sold out all the time.
But.... dang those tickets are $$$$$$$$!
I won't go unless I win tickets or someone's getting rid of them for cheap. (neither of which happens)

Yep, no fees to change a flight, they just charge you (or credit you) the difference in price.

Very nice. Impressive.

I always do Early Bird. No need to stress about being online right at 24 hours to check in or finding a seat once on the plane.

I would do the same. ::yes::

I am too! They were probably just being polite because they have to be. :rotfl2:

:laughing:

I'm pretty sure I read about someone doing it here on the DIS and that's what gave me the idea. I've also read about people having them shipped to their resort from Walmart or Amazon. Jocelyn did ask about the refillable mugs but since we didn't do a meal plan, she would have had to buy one. This was a cheaper and more convenient way because it meant they didn't have to trek back and forth to the food court to get coffee.

Huh. Especially if you're far from the food court. Get that. Smart!

Yep, you need to have a Peach Pass to use the new lanes. They start on 575 up near my house and go all the way down 75 to 285. They are reversible so they run south bound in the morning and northbound in the evening. I'm surprised you didn't notice them if you were on 75 at all. They run right down the middle of the highway.

I may have? Or maybe just... in the driving zone and just zipped along, oblivious.

We were in the Rock building this trip and I didn't think it was too bad of a walk. I would have definitely liked Jazz or Calypso as they are closer. Country is the one I would not want to be in, that one is a long ways from the front.

Yeah... we were in Country. That was awful.

No, I'm not sure where the car center is. I think Jim rented from Enterprise and he dropped his rental at the Enterprise office near DS. It was about a mile away so he just walked over to DS.

Ah. Thanks.

:rotfl2:Probably wouldn't have worked for me as I'm a terrible actress. I would have burst into laughter half way through trying to tell that story.

:laughing:

They are cute but I think they would start to annoy me after a while. Most ears give me headaches anyways so I don't wear them.

I'm a grown man. I don't wear them either.

I need to get over myself.

The only place I saw it was at 28 and Main which is in the Co-Op Marketplace at DS.

Thanks! Maybe I'll be able to pick one up in May...… maybe.

Yeah I guess. But the sell cigarettes and liquor at the same gas station. :confused3

Well these are necessities, you know.

:rolleyes1

That walk to TSL is crazy, can you image the walk to Galaxy’ Edge, it will be scary

I love all your pictures of TSM queue! Your score is great, I still haven’t passed 150,000!

At the hockey game, he bought a Tampa Bay Lightning magnet.

Hmmm.... interesting. He bought it because... collects them? Second favourite team? Because he was there?

I also found the pictures of the two tin signs he bought at the Coke store.

I really like those! :thumbsup2

Another thing Jim did while solo at Disney Springs was to make me two different Pluto pressed pennies.

Nice of him. Do you collect pressed pennies too? Or just because they had Pluto on them?

I wasn’t able to get Slinky Dog Dash FPs till later in the week

Not surprised. I hear those things are going like hotcakes.

after Jim was gone

well poop

It was going to be a scorcher of a day, well into the 90s and almost as hot as it was during my August trip.

:faint:

I also decided to pull my hair back for the day. I prefer to have it down for pictures but when it’s that hot I want it up off of my neck!

I can't relate, of course... but I can certainly get that.

:laughing: Love this shot!

We hiked to the front of All Star Sports and then through some parking lots over to All Star Music. It took us about 10 minutes to make it to Bell Services at All Star Music.

Not too bad. I've stayed at ASMu several times, but have never trekked to the other two resorts.

After that, we ducked into the food court

No. You ducked earlier when Jim was with him on the tennis court.

we walked straight onto a completely empty bus to HS.

Score!

We arrived at HS and started the long trek from the buses to the main entrance. I had read about how long this walk was but honestly thought it wouldn’t be that bad. Yeah no, it was that bad, even Jim commented on it and he never complains about walking anywhere.

Wow. I've only recently heard of the mess there. I didn't know it was that bad.

By 7:50 am, this was our view.

If only it would stay that way... :rolleyes:

We ended up second in line at the turnstile we picked.

Not bad at all!

Jim immediately plopped down on the ground and pulled out a book to read.

Huh! I couldn't do that... but would like to. Does that a lot?

I would love to buy into DVC but haven’t been able to convince Jim. That’s not a purchase that I can make without his approval!

I am renting points for the first time for the May trip, but... can't see myself buying DVC. I like to go to too many other places.

Around 8:30, they let us into the park and we were held right by Starbucks for the next while.

Wonder if anyone took advantage of that fact.

We were only a few people back from the front and this was the scene behind us.

Whoa! Packed!

I got pushed around a lot on the walk and even got full on run over by a stroller at one point.

:( Well that's not right. At all.

Here’s the view coming around the corner into TSL.

:eek:

Because I was shuffled back some during the walk there, we ended up waiting about 15 minutes which was still not too bad.

Yeah, that's not bad. Better than several hours... in the heat!

Our ride photo didn’t come out that well thanks to the weird shadows that morning.

I've heard of several people complaining about that ride photo.

Jim ended up really enjoying Slinky Dog. He’s not a big thrill ride enthusiast so Slinky was very much his speed.

Good to hear! Can't wait to (hopefully) try it next year.

I loaded into the car first. Wow! What a difference being on that side makes.

Must remember this.

After SDD we both needed to use the restroom which is over by Alien Saucer Swirl. The line for that ride didn’t look too bad on the way to the bathroom but by the time we were done, it had almost tripled in size. Since we had a FP for it later that afternoon, we decided to head to Toy Story Mania instead.

I read this and... missed a word somewhere. I thought the line for the bathroom tripled in size. And then...
"She has a FP for the bathroom???.... wait..."

We ended up waiting 50 minutes for the ride.

Bit on the longish side, but... since you can't FP it anymore (at least not if you want SDD)...

We were routed to the third track.

Didn't even know there was a third track.

Things were looking grim for me, he was beating me the entire time, but somehow I managed to pull ahead of him during the last game and won by a hair.

Woot! Way to go!

I had one more thing I wanted to do before the rest of the family arrived. I wanted to meet my main dog!

::yes::

And then he kicked Jim out so that I could have a picture with just him.

:laughing: I can just see that.

After the Pluto meet, Jim needed a bathroom break

Good thing you had that FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!