Trick or Treat & Eat Some Sweets! Oct 2018 TR - LInk to new TR 5/17/19!

My requests were not 8nitiakky met in October for Pop, and I wasn’t actually there when check in occurred bc my MIL and stepson and girlfriend arrived first. But they got it handled and we ended up where I wanted.

I'm glad you got it worked out. I probably wouldn't have cared this trip but I was trying to cut down on the walking as much as possible for Mom. It turned out to be not too bad in the end.

Yep, it was just as hot, if not hotter, for our Oct trip as our June trip.

October does seem to be a crap shoot for weather. I've been there with temps in the 90s and other times in the 60s.

I’ve only eaten there maybe once a long time ago, so I’m sure we’ll try it at some point but I haven’t been in a rush.

It's not a place I will head back to any time soon.

One of DH’s fave as well.

I do love the Muppets and wish they had a bigger presence at the parks. We did ask a CM in the "Muppets" store why they didn't have more merchandise. She basically said it wasn't selling so they limited what they have.

I haven’t done it in forever bc it does get harder as I get older, as well.

It makes me sad that I have a rough time with a lot of the coasters now. I hate having to skip some of them.

I always request high floor for this very reason.

I think I'm going to be doing that from now on.

Great photo!

Thanks!

Good to be overly careful with the heat and lack of sleep in the mix!

Definitely! It was a rough day with the heat and everyone being a bit tired.

Oh, I'm so bummed you didn't like it! It's one of my favorites at WDW. Maybe more for nostalgic reasons though. I've only ever had the salad and rolls which were fantastic.

Honestly, I just think I'm too picky for that fancy of a restaurant. I'm really more of a chicken tenders or burger kind of girl. :rotfl:

This actually makes me kinda want to try it once. I was a bit shy of it thinking it was more of a "kiddie" ride, but it's good to hear adults are enjoying it too.

Blasphemy! There's no such thing as a "kiddie" ride at Disney because everyone IS a kid at Disney. :rotfl2:

Interesting way to handle that! Seems fair too!

I thought it was nice of them to give us a second ride. Honestly I just thought the first ride was over, it didn't seem like the ride was cut short to me.

Yuck!! Too much of a good thing!

I swear that snope was nuts!

Following

Hi! Thanks for joining in!

Glad you were able to take care of Mom pretty quickly and she started to feel better!

Nice getting a bonus ride on AS2!

Your RNR ride photo came out awesome!

Sounds like a really great first day :)

I was very happy with the second ride, especially since the first one didn't really seem all that short.

I think that's the best ride photo from the trip!

Yes, yes, we do!!!! :rolleyes1

I am SOOOO glad you were able to get the time off for May! I am really looking forward to that trip.

My favorite ride :) and I absolutely love this picture!!!!

It used to be a favorite for me but my old body just doesn't like it as much any more. :sad: I'll still ride it in May with you though, just might have to take some Advil afterwards. :rotfl:

Joining in. Love your pluto and stitch bag btw!

Thanks! A friend made it for me along with all the other bags I carry.

I really love BoG for lunchtime, we have eaten there at least 8x for lunch and only had 1 subpar experience! So I’m with you!

I remember your story about the MNSSHP tickets, did they also give you back your money from EMM? What a good deal if they did!

I love the shirt you got and the pictures in front of the castle with all of you are so nice, treasures for you all!

I'm not sure how many lunches I've had there but it's been quite a few. I used to love dinner too but now that the foods all fancy I'll stick with lunch. I've also done breakfast once but I'm not the biggest fan of breakfast foods so I don't think I'll go back.

Yep, we got all of our money back and the free tickets!

5 party tickets was a LOVELY compensation and would have been exactly what I'd have done if I didn't already have the tickets. Love that they did this for you AND that you got them early so you could avoid the lines!

You got a lot done that morning I think before you super great looking lunch at BOG. I've eaten there a couple of times and I think still would choose CHH over it. But, I do like it there for theming. :)

LOVE your shirt purchase. Super cute!

The PP scored BIG with timing his photos just right for the fireworks. How incredibly cool!! :lovestruc

I was very happy with the free MNSSHP tickets!

I do love CHH also! I'm planning on doing both CHH and BOG in May.

Those pictures with the fireworks came out so good! I'm glad we managed to get them, I know Mom is going to frame one.

Love those photopass photos! Timing it with the fireworks made them extra great.

BoG lunch looks good. Last time I ate there it wasn't that great so I decided to take a break from lunch there for a while. I do want to check out the new dinner menu though.

Yep, I'm so glad we stopped at that Photographer, he did a great job.

I did have one subpar lunch there but that was a few years ago. It's been great every other time. I did look at the dinner menu but it really doesn't appeal to my simple appetite. Plus no cupcake is a deal breaker for me!

No worries. We all know (and experience) life getting busy. Just glad to see you back again.

Thanks! I'm still trying to find time to catch up on everyone else's TRs. Hopefully I can work on that once I get caught up here and post the next update.

A massive platter filled with all manner of breakfast food and enough to feed a family of eight.

Not for this girl! I would be sick the rest of the day. I do love my Mickey waffles though so I might have had those. I know I did a few of the mornings.

I love that party. I'll gladly pay for it.

Me too!

I bet you did!

Ha! I knew he was probably waiting for the explosion and was so relieved when I didn't yell at him.

Four? Not five? Or did one go on your MB?

Ugh, no it was five, I just apparently can't count. Thanks for pointing that out though, I went back and fixed it.

Cute photo of you.

Thanks!

That is nice!

Those photos turned out great!

It's a very flattering pose.

I definitely learned that lesson this trip!

I guess it makes sense... but I've never seen that either.

I know they have different rides that you can load a wheelchair onto, just didn't realize jungle cruise was one of them!

Nice of you.

I do try not to be that ugly tourist.

I've never remembered. Maybe someday.

It's such a weird spot with nothing around it so it's easy to forget.

But you got some big ones out of the way. I'd call it a success.

I was hoping to get in the Haunted Mansion and maybe a ride or two in Fantasyland before heading to our Space Mountain FP but it wasn't meant to be.

I always pre-order. I love just walking in, sitting down, and someone brings me yummy food.

Me too! I'm so glad they offer that.

Possibly a language barrier thing?

I actually think it was, the girls were foreign.

But I don't find it too dark, but I can certainly see how others might find it so.

I've only walked through there at night when it's really, really dark. Maybe I should try it someday for lunch just to say I've eaten in all three rooms. Of course getting a table in there is next to impossible!

And yet... no French onion soup??????

Nope, definitely not something I will eat. Not sure if any of my family members like it or not.

Thanks for the tip.

A lot of people like the Master's Cupcake which has the grey stuff on it but for me the more chocolate the better so a triple chocolate cupcake is heaven to me!

I didn't notice the criss-cross at the neckline. I like it! Very pretty.

That's one of the features that drew me to that shirt. That plus the way that Mickey shows up on the navy. It's even prettier in person than in the pictures.

Glad you had such a great time in Epcot!

:rotfl2: And spoiler alert for our upcoming Epcot day, it was a total waste of our time!

I'm joining in, all caught up!

Hi! Thanks for joining in!

That is such a good idea!

I'm pretty sure I read about doing that here on the DIS and that's what gave me the idea. I was looking into having one shipped to the resort but once Jim decided to go down early, it was easier to have him pick them up.

I can't believe the crowds! Though we arrived right around 9am on our recent trip and we were at the very back of the crowd and couldn't believe it.

It was pretty crazy that morning! I can't image what it will be like when Star Wars Land opens up!

I was riding with my 4 year old so I had watched the track and realized that I wanted to load first so she could lean into me on the curves. I was surprised they made the entire ride that way! But it worked out so she never had to be on the "scary" side.

There's definitely a big difference depending on which side you sit on!

I love this picture! He looks like a fun meet.

I always have a blast meeting Pluto, especially when I have on Pluto gear.

We weren't impressed with HBD when we went several years ago either and haven't been back. Maybe we were expecting too much because so many people seem to love it!

I just think it was way too fancy for my tastes. I am so simple when it comes to food, give me a plate of chicken tenders and I'm a happy camper!

Ah, I like this abbreviation! I was annoyed that they didn't think about the acronym when naming this ride (or maybe, someone did).

Seriously, they should have checked with all of us super fans before naming the ride. :rotfl2:

Did they kick that person out from getting to ride a second time? I'd be afraid someone might fall out of the car with a jerky stop if they were standing up!

If they did, I didn't see it. No one in my party did. We had no idea what was going on until the CM explained it to us.

That made for an awesome picture!

Those were definitely some of the best pictures we got all week!

Happy New Year!

Great family pics with the matching shirts!

Sounds like a great morning and a good lunch at BOG!

Happy New Year to you too!

Thanks, I really liked how those pictures turned out.

We did have a good morning although I would have liked to get a few more rides in.

I know the feeling!

I still haven't gotten around to most of the TRs to catch up. Still trying to get a bit ahead on the writing for this one.

Sweet! I heard about that on Backside of Magic, and it sounded like an awesome make-up! Wonder if you could have asked for 3 FPs as well?

I didn't ask about the FPs. I think it was one or the other, most of the people getting FPs seemed to already have Halloween Party tickets.

Thanks, they turned out really well.

Well, it's too bad that your EMM was cancelled, but you certainly can't complain about free party tickets.

Nope, I was definitely not complaining. While EMM would have been fun, we ended up having a blast at MNSSHP.

Those pictures are really good, it was worth the wait. The photographers are such a hit or miss. It's great when you get one who enjoys what they do and wants to give you a good result.

We got a great one that morning for sure.

How strange. I would expected light crowds on a party day. Weird.

I was too. It threw off my schedule a bit but we were able to get a lot of rides in that night at the party.

I have to confess that I have never been to Be Our Guest, and part of the reason is the whole process seems a bit confusing to me. I suppose it's not that difficult, I just could never quite figure out what the most efficient way is to do this restaurant.

If you are doing lunch, pre-order is definitely the way to go. The check in for the restaurant is right at the beginning of the bridge. You check in there and then they either send you down the left side of the bridge if you pre-ordered or down the right if you didn't. The only time we didn't pre-order, we waited a good 20 minutes to order! Dinner is a different story since it's considered table service.

Happy New Year! I read your latest update a few days ago and thought I commented..... Yeah, that's how my mind is working lately :crazy: Anyway I love all your matching character shirts and I have that Mickey rain jacket, too :love:

No worries, I know how life can get! I wear that rain coat a lot to work, even when it's not raining.

This is the smile of a lady who just scored 5 free tickets and a refund on Disney!! woooo hooo!!

And who just got the first glimpse of "her" castle for the trip.

Such a great picture!! Definitely worth the wait

It was, I'm glad he took the time with us.

I will have to remember this trick!

It definitely seems to work!

The people in the front look pretty terrified...

The one kid definitely does. It is the darkest part of the ride and right before you go down the hill so maybe that's why.

Enjoying your trip report. And I am also a huge Pluto fan! I got the huge one that you got on your August trip during my trip in September and it was hard getting him home on the plane!

Hi! Thanks for joining in. I always like meeting another Pluto fan. Luckily I bring that extra Vera Bradley bag for souvenirs but he did take up most of it! That's why I had to wait to get Angel on this trip.

Great report

Thanks! Glad you are reading along.

Definitely worth waiting for, great shots!

They did turn out as some of the best shots of the trip!

I really love that Mickey shirt but I haven't gotten to wear it yet because it's been too cold. I can't wait for the spring so I can have a chance to wear it.

i am here.. I have to catch up.. Work is calling.. New system and for whatever reason i am now the point person..

Hi Mo! So happy to see you back here on the DIS!

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Part 1

We headed back out to the buses around 3:15 pm and arrived back at MK at 4 pm. We went through the special events line and got our wristbands.

When we entered the park, they were shuffling all of the party guests to the right onto path behind Main Street. I had wanted to head to the fire station first to get the special Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards but with everything else going on I forgot and we never did make it back to get one.

At the entrance to the back ally, John and Jocelyn posed for a picture and you get a preview of our MNSSHP shirts. We had originally planned to wear our Fab 5 shirts but a few weeks before the trip, Mom mentioned that she would rather wear those on a regular day so we could get photos with them on that were not “Halloweenish”. So I hopped on Etsy and found different shirts for the party. I got really lucky with the shirts because I ordered them pretty late. I was not sure if they would make it in time and if they did, would they all fit. But it all worked out in the end.

I kind of hurried us a bit through that area because we had a FP and dinner reservation to get too. They had a few photo ops but we chose to come back later to get those. Instead, we just picked up our initial bag of candy and then headed towards Fantasyland for our 7 Dwarfs Mine Train FP which was from 4:25 – 5:25 pm. When I made our FPS, I wanted to have all three in the morning on this day, but I went for Slinky Dog first, then Flights of Passage and finally 7DMT. By putting it third on the priority list, there were no more morning times left by the time I got to it. It was fine but it did put us in a bit of a time crunch to make our 5:10 pm dinner reservation. We made it back to 7DMT and luckily the FP line wasn’t bad at all and before long we were enjoying the ride. This one was still under construction last time John and Jocelyn were at WDW so this was their first time riding. From the ride photos, I’d say they liked it!

After our spin through the mines, we headed straight to Liberty Square to check in at Liberty Tree Tavern for our dinner. We waited about 15 minutes to get seated which felt like forever to me, probably because I was starving at this point. LTT is family style for the evening meal so our meal started with rolls.

And a salad.

I’m not a huge fan of salad so I stuck with the rolls and they were delicious. Service was a tiny bit slow and we were done with the salad and rolls for a while before they brought out the main course which consisted of Mac and Cheese,

Pork, turkey, beef pot roast and stuffing,

And green beans, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes.

And here’s my first plate of the night.

Everything I tried was delicious and I had another plate full besides that one. I didn’t try the pork because it doesn’t settle well on my stomach, or the green beans because I don’t like them. But we did a pretty good job of cleaning most of the food off of those plates. My favorite was the mac and cheese and the beef pot roast.

After they cleared away the dishes they brought us out the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

I did not expect to like this at all because I’m not a fan of toffee cake but oh man, this was soooo good! To me it tasted like a big chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and chocolate sauce. I was a little mad at myself for eating so much during the regular meal because I was too full to eat a lot of the dessert. I wanted to go back for seconds on the cake but I was just too stuffed at that point. This turned out to be one of my favorite meals of the trip.

When we rolled our stuffed selves out of the restaurant it was right at 7 pm and the start of the Halloween party. Since we were right there, we got in line for the Haunted Mansion. The wait time said 30 minutes but we waited less than 10.

I’m glad we rode at that time because when we got off, the line was stretched all the way back to the entrance to the River Boat. Madam Carlotta was out so we stopped to listen to her for a bit.

And then we stopped for our first set of Photo Pass pictures for the night. We did couples first and then a group shot.

Then we got in line for a second magic shot although at the time we had no idea what it was for. They were having each individual sit on a stool and smile at the camera and then look up to the left and acted scared. Turns out it was each of our heads in a hatbox with the Hatbox Ghost! Mom chose to sit this one out but the rest of us did it. We laughed so hard at these when the showed up in our account!

You will see as the night goes on that I do not do scared very well. Guess I’m just too happy to be at WDW to act scared.

There was one more photo opportunity in the area which was holding a lantern by the entrance to Haunted Mansion. The line for it was massive though so we moved on without doing it. At this point, I handed out the candy bags I brought for everyone.

Continued in Next Post

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Part 2

The bags that they hand out at the parties are tiny so I picked these ones up at Walmart for less than a dollar a piece so we could get lots of candy.

We started our candy quest at Columbia Harbor House. Wow, were the crowds crazy! It was almost impossible to find the end of the line for the candy stop and we were kind of going against the crowd to get in line. We finally got into the line and I felt so bad for Jocelyn. I had forgotten that she doesn’t handle crowds too well. It was definitely way more crowded at the beginning that night than when Jim and I did the party in 2013.

Even though the lines for the candy looked really long, they moved constantly so it only took about 5 minutes to get through and then we headed up into Fantasyland and hit the candy stops at Mickey’s Philharmagic and Pinocchio’s Village Haus. Each of those lines also took about 5 minutes to get through and the Philharmagic stop had two different places where you got candy.

We had checked out the line for Peter Pan thinking we might get it in that evening but it was still very long so instead we hit up the Little Mermaid ride. It was a walk on and gave us a break from the crazy crowds.

We then hit up the candy stop in Ariel’s Grotto and continued on to Storybook Circus because I really wanted to ride Dumbo. Jocelyn said she wanted to ride it too because she never had before. I had no idea she hadn’t been on it before! There was once again, no line and we just had to wait for the previous ride to finish up before boarding our elephants.

I guess Mom road alone this time because you can see her all by herself in front of Jim and I.

We hit up one more candy stop at the Fantasyland train station and then took the back pathway to Tomorrowland. Thank goodness, Tomorrowland was a lot less crowded than Fantasyland and Liberty Square were.

The People Mover was the next stop as it’s one of John’s favorites. Somehow, Jim, Jocelyn and I ended up in one car and John and Mom in one behind us. And then when we took off, we discovered that they were in a totally different train than us so we left them behind. We all had a good laugh on that one.

For the party, Space Mountain was running in total darkness so it was very eerie going through there. As we were riding, Jocelyn and Jim decided they really wanted to ride Space Mountain that night. Personally I didn’t want to ride it because I was worried about being whipped around too much. Even though the ride is mostly dark on a regular day, the small amount of light that’s normally in the ride allows me to brace some for the drops and turns.

Before Space Mountain though, we walked onto Buzz Lightyear. Jim absolutely refused to ride with me because he said I cheat on this ride. I was fine with that because it gave me full control over my vehicle.

Not my best score, but not too bad either.

After that, John, Jocelyn and Jim headed off to Space Mountain. Mom didn’t want to ride in the total darkness either so we took a bathroom break and then found a seat near there to rest for a while. I did consider going to meet Elvis Stitch but we were holding all of the candy bags which were pretty heavy by that time and I didn’t want leave Mom with all of them. Plus I had read reports of more than an hour wait for him and I didn’t really want to waste that much time. Instead we relaxed and enjoyed the bit of time off of our feet. I can’t remember the exact timing but I’m pretty sure it was only about 20-25 minutes before the other three came back from SM. They said it was a lot of fun riding in the dark.

I’m not sure who suggested the next ride but we somehow ended up in line for Tomorrowland Speedway. Mom sat this one out also, she doesn’t like getting in and out of the low cars plus she was enjoying the time off of her feet. She continued to guard all of our candy bags while us youngsters got in line.

The funny thing is, this turned out to be one of the most magical parts of our night (well at least to me). As we were waiting in line, Hallowishes started going off so we were able to catch a lot of the fireworks while we waited. And then when we started around the track, the perimeter fireworks started to go off right above us. We were literally surrounded by the fireworks. Thank goodness Jim was driving us because all I did the whole ride was stare up at the sky! I was so mesmerized and in the moment that I totally didn’t even think to take out my camera for some photos. Who would have thought that the Tomorrowland Speedway would be an awesome place to watch Hallowishes?

After the Speedway, we meet back up with Mom and decided to make one more candy stop at Cosmic Ray’s since we were right there. We decided to quit the candy stops after that one because our bags were getting pretty heavy and we were concerned about getting all of our loot home on the plane. Overall we ended up going through six of the candy lines.

The next item I had on the agenda was the Hocus Pocus show mainly because Jocelyn mentioned wanting to see it. But she said she would much rather seek out some more of the special Magic Shots offered at the party. So we headed to Main Street instead and got some fun Magic Shots as couples and as a full group.

Then we found another Photographer in the garden near Casey’s. She was all by her lonesome without a soul around so she took her time with us and took quite a few shots with the Hocus Pocus show going on in the background. Unfortunately only one photo from that shoot showed up in our account and when I contacted Disney, I got the standard “due to technical issues, we can’t recover your photos” reply. At least we got one good one of John and Jocelyn.

Then we moved on to Adventureland where we found a Photopass Photographer with a frame. Mom was done with photos at this point so she found a bench while we got the pictures done. Adventureland was pretty much deserted so we didn’t have to wait at all. These didn’t turn out as good as some of the others. Jocelyn totally missed the photographer’s instructions to look scared and me, well you know by now I just can’t do scared very well. The guys did awesome though!

At this point it was a few minutes after 11 pm and the 2nd Boo to You Parade started at 11:15. We crossed over to Fronterland through the passage next to Aloha Isle and found a spot on the porch of the Country Bear Jamboree that wasn’t too bad at all. We were behind people but we were up a step being on the porch. Plus it gave us a nice spot to sit for a few minutes before the parade started.

Because it was dark and we were back a bit, my pictures are pretty bad. My little camera does very well in the daylight but not so much with night pictures that have a lot of movement. I’ll just share a few of the less awful ones with you. And I definitely didn’t get any kind of shot at all of the Headless Horseman.

Like I said, pretty bad. But I definitely love this parade and I’m glad we had the chance to stop and watch it.

Once the parade was over, we headed back to Adventureland and started out of the park. We made a stop at the restrooms along the way and walked through the Emporium but we still got stuck for a bit on Main Street and ended up watching the end of the parade again.

I took this last picture at exactly midnight as we exited the park for the night.

But we weren’t quite done yet. Since we got most of the special Magic Shots for the party, we needed to finish it off with the Headless Horsemen one. There was a small line so Mom took a seat while we waited.

The line for the bus was pretty massive but they kept coming one after another, even loading two at a time so it wasn’t very long before we were headed back to the resort.

Here’s my candy haul from the night. This is just from my bag so imagine that times 5 and you will know how much we got all together. And that was only 6 candy stops!

I traded for only one pin during the day.

And here’s the fit bit stats for the day. We actually had a few more steps than that but the counter starts over at midnight. It did give me a head start on my steps for the next day though!

So, thoughts on the Halloween Party. We had an absolute blast! Even though there were crazy crowds at the beginning, we still got on most of the rides we wanted to do and the crowds really thinned out after the first parade. I’m used to standing in long character lines at the parties I’ve gone to in the past, so having this more relaxed approach was kind of nice. Honestly, Elvis Stitch was the only character I was interested in meeting and I was fine not waiting an hour for him. We did want to try some of the special food they had for the party but were just too full from dinner. We had LTT booked though long before we knew we were going to the party and as good as that meal was, I’m glad we kept it.

Up Next: Roasting Our Way Through Food and Wine

Last edited:
Ok I only have two days to catch up on but it's getting late and i DO need to so SOME work... especially after the facebook message blast with Suzi... HA HA

this is my 16th TR here on the DIS.

HOLY MOLEY 16 already? You go girl no wonder your so popular!

I’m 45 and live outside of Atlanta GA.

By the way need to talk to you about Falcon stuff for Matt. Can't find that here and he is a huge fan.

I mean, who in their right mind spends hours reading about other people’s Disney trips?

me. and you.. and the rest of the DIS population!

My husband Jim and I just hit our 20th anniversary

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I did get him to go twice this year much to his chagrin

You really need to stop.. You know ding dang well he loves Disney..

He made some friends before the game started.

I laughed so hard...

Juggling four dogs by myself is quite the feat.

It is.. But if anyone can do it you can.

he landing was a tiny bit rough to say the least.

Oh Heck no.. Those are the worst!

Coke store during which he sent me this lovely selfie.

I just spit out my coffee..

I have before dinner is of Jim modeling the Slinky Dog ears.

OMG he did it again..
Oh wait...
He isn't a disney fan??? STOP HE TOTALLY IS!

Jim’s a little odd with his sports team picks. He likes the Pittsburgh Pirates for baseball, Detroit Red Wings for hockey and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for football.

Or he likes red...

when the Devil Horns come out.

There they are!!!!

By 7:50 am, this was our view.

That's one heck of a view

We were only a few people back from the front and this was the scene behind us.

GAG! No way!!!

Jim and I are very competitive

Umm... I...
Ya know what? just go on...
Cheater

I still love the ride but it’s almost always a one and done for me.

We still hold the record for best ride.

type out the actual initials here on the

OMG i never noticed that! or A$$

John's face is just the best

Best Picture goes tooooooooooooooo

managed to snort some up my nose which made me cough for a bit.

your killing me... :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

This was unfortunately one of those times we got a bad one.

Oh NO! It can be quite funny! so sad.

IMG_7844-L.jpg

That's a lot of ketsup.

Ok I only need to catch up on your MK days and i am UP TO DATE! :cool1:

I am just going to quote a lot so you have to reply to everything...
:cool:

And I'm glad you did! I really enjoy your TRs (which I'm way behind on right now).

No worries! It'll still be there if/when you have time. :)

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I do collect. I guess you could call it my addiction. It runs in the family, both my Mom and brother love to collect stuff. Besides the items listed above I also collect Hall China in the Crocus pattern, Goebel animals, mostly birds but I do have some other animals thrown in there, Disney Tsum Tsums and Vinylmations. I also have a small collection of Country Bears, Dumbo and Stitch. Plus there's the stuff I've collected in the past, got bored with and sold off. Ty Beanie babies and Breyer Horses are two of those items. I'm debating now about selling off the Tsum Tsum and Vinyls that aren't Pluto but I haven't made a final decision.

:faint:

My poor mom has a nice collection of Hummel figurines. She's guarded them all her life (well... over the course of it... say the last 50+ years or so anyway) because they were "expensive".
Now they're worthless.

Yes, they flipped the entrance to the other side of the building so that it's in TSL. The area where you used to enter is currently closed off to the public but they are putting something Cars (I think?) in there. I haven't been paying super close attention to it.

Thanks!

True! And I did a bit of that on this trip for sure.

Good

Nope, dropping does it too. And definitely Star Tours, and the upside down parts of RNRC, and the backwards part of EE.... Well you get the idea.

Yup. I do.

It really wasn't that bad once I found the quickest path. And at least we weren't in Country.

Oh, God. That was horrible. I was so exhausted having to walk back and forth after a long day for a mug refill.

Only if it's on the cob. Seriously, it's the only way I really like it. And don't ask me what the difference is, I have no idea.

It's because it's the best way to eat it. With butter and salt.
Corn off the cob... I'll eat it and it's okay, but... meh.
Creamed corn... has been documented as a creation of evil men intent on inflicting misery on mankind.

:rotfl2:Ha Ha! The only Disney show that I've actually been in was the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I got to play the Can Can girl a few years ago.

Photos?

Nope, the only time he rode RNRC, he was white as a ghost and I had to pretty much pry his fingers off the handles to get him off the ride.

Oh dear.

:lmao:Not on purpose, that's for sure!

:laughing:

It's not a bad show really, just not what most people would expect. If you go in know it's basically a comedy show based around the Frozen story with a few of the characters thrown in, you can enjoy it for what it is then.

Thanks for the info!

Oh and of course the 100s of little girls (and a few adults as well) singing the Frozen songs at the top of their voices.

Dear God!!

Ha! I knew he was probably waiting for the explosion and was so relieved when I didn't yell at him.

Ugh, no it was five, I just apparently can't count. Thanks for pointing that out though, I went back and fixed it.

Ah! Well... you're welcome!

I do try not to be that ugly tourist.

Everyone should try not to be that ugly tourist.

I was hoping to get in the Haunted Mansion and maybe a ride or two in Fantasyland before heading to our Space Mountain FP but it wasn't meant to be.

Still. You're in MK. So... I call that a win all on its own. :)

I actually think it was, the girls were foreign.

Ah.

I've only walked through there at night when it's really, really dark. Maybe I should try it someday for lunch just to say I've eaten in all three rooms. Of course getting a table in there is next to impossible!

I've not had a problem at lunch. Eaten in there twice. :)

Nope, definitely not something I will eat. Not sure if any of my family members like it or not.

More for me! French onion soup is the reason I'm even there! :laughing:

:rotfl2: And spoiler alert for our upcoming Epcot day, it was a total waste of our time!

Oh no!

I'll have to come back to read the update later. My break's almost up and I don't want to rush through it.

At the entrance to the back ally, John and Jocelyn posed for a picture and you get a preview of our MNSSHP shirts.
Nice shirts. They are the same design as the ones my family got, except ours were black t-shirts with orange Mickey heads and lettering. I like the idea of having elaborate costumes but they are not so convenient to travel with and the matching shirts are much easier.

At this point it was a few minutes after 11 pm and the 2nd Boo to You Parade started at 11:15. We crossed over to Fronterland through the passage next to Aloha Isle and found a spot on the porch of the Country Bear Jamboree that wasn’t too bad at all. We were behind people but we were up a step being on the porch. Plus it gave us a nice spot to sit for a few minutes before the parade started.
That's almost exactly where my family watched the 2nd parade from. It's a pretty good spot. You don't get the castle in the background, but I expect it's much less crowded.
My night pictures aren't the best either, especially the headless horseman. I know there are tricks to getting good night pictures, I just don't have that skill.

Sounds like a great party! You guys got a ton of awesome PP pics and your shirts look great!

I love those trick or treat bags you bought- so cute!

After they cleared away the dishes they brought us out the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.
I love this too!

Ooooh, love this extra spooky picture!

You will see as the night goes on that I do not do scared very well. Guess I’m just too happy to be at WDW to act scared.

Even though the ride is mostly dark on a regular day, the small amount of light that’s normally in the ride allows me to brace some for the drops and turns.
I couldn't agree more! I'd have sat this one out too for the same reason.

The funny thing is, this turned out to be one of the most magical parts of our night (well at least to me).
:wizard: Sounds amazing.

I love these See Ya Real Soon pumpkins! Except on the last day... then it's just depressing :laughing:

I am SOOOO glad you were able to get the time off for May! I am really looking forward to that trip.
ME TOO!!!!! :)

It used to be a favorite for me but my old body just doesn't like it as much any more. :sad: I'll still ride it in May with you though, just might have to take some Advil afterwards. :rotfl:
And I will securely store my phone, so I don't lose another one!!

I love how you "can't be scared" and Jim can't be just a little scared--his scared face is by far my fav LOL

:rotfl::lmao:

I see where you get your determination from!!

The funny thing is, this turned out to be one of the most magical parts of our night (well at least to me). As we were waiting in line, Hallowishes started going off so we were able to catch a lot of the fireworks while we waited. And then when we started around the track, the perimeter fireworks started to go off right above us. We were literally surrounded by the fireworks
Isn't that so amazing?! Rob got some beautiful pics of Holiday Wishes from the Speedway when we were there in 2016. I would never in my life have imagined that was a good spot to watch fireworks. So, I stood over there for HEA when we were there in June, while they road. It's not a perfect view, but it sure felt magical :)

Let the quoting begin~

I was stressing a bit because I had to pick up our complementary MNSSHP tickets

Did i miss the story?!?

Oh yeah, I said there was a long story behind us going to the party so I might as well tell that now.

Oh wait here it is..

So I ended up getting the full price of EMM refunded to my credit card AND 5 free tickets to MNSSHP that night!

NO WAY!!! that's some pixi dust!!!

so I walked up to the train station and took some Main Street pictures from there.

My favorite spot.

OMG look how glorious! all sparkly and goodness just awaits!

THIS IS MAGICAL!!!!!!!!!

the trick because it made us look pretty good in the photos.

TOTALLY made your pictures perfect!!!

The ballroom was pretty crowded so we ended up going into the Rose Room on the right and found a table in the back corner. Here’s my view:

Is this the real name for this room? I have heard it called so many different names.

I want this..

Cute shirt!

soooooooo sweet!!!! Love some Dumbo.. Can't wait for the live action

This is way cuter then i thought!! It's adorable on you!

first to get the special Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards

Love these silly cards! the kids got into it too.

Love the shirts..
I really need to learn how to use a cricut.

r the green beans because I don’t like them

stop it.
Peanut is going to be so upset-- you know how she feels about those dang green beans! HA

because I was too full to eat a lot of the dessert.

BAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

what a fantastic shot!!! love it love the colors love it all!

Jim's face is amazing.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the best magic shots! the hat box is my favorite ghost!

These are super cute especially this one!!

Great picture of these dudes...

The People Mover was the next stop as it’s one of John’s favorites

it's one of the best rides in MK! you get all the special views!

refused to ride with me because he said I cheat on this ride.

giphy.gif

1*TpNhEyxowgXwVsNEoNkllQ.gif

Sing it Jim...

We were literally surrounded by the fireworks.

This must have been so magical!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Tomorrowland Speedway would be an awesome place to watch Hallowishes?

Thanks for the tip!!!

Nope this is now my favorite!

You are so so cute.. and the castle in the background is breathtaking!

For real! His face! :lmao::lmao:

Stop telling us Jim doesn't like Disney.. He is perfection

My little camera does very well in the daylight but not so much with night pictures that have a lot of movement.

Can you change the ISO to a higher setting? if so that will fix your issue.

Like I said, pretty bad.

Not bad AT ALL

But I definitely love this parade and I’m glad we had the chance to stop and watch it.

I like Halloween compared to Christmas..

Nothing better then this saying.

Wait wait!
This is now my favorite!
I want to meet this horse.. One day i will get over there.

SHE IS SO CUTE!!!

Hey lookie there I am CAUGHT UP!!!!! BOOP!

200.gif

Exciting stuff!!!

When we entered the park, they were shuffling all of the party guests to the right onto path behind Main Street.

::yes:: I'm familiar with that. And... while I understand the necessity... I want to go down Main St.

I had wanted to head to the fire station first to get the special Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards but with everything else going on I forgot and we never did make it back to get one.

Well... poop. Sorry about that.

I like the shirts. :)

From the ride photos, I’d say they liked it!

::yes::

Liberty Tree Tavern for our dinner.

Oh, yumm! One of my favourite meals there. Would love to do it again in May with DD21, but she's pescatarian, so it'd be a waste.

Everything I tried was delicious

::yes::

My favorite was the mac and cheese and the beef pot roast.

That mac n cheese is soooo good!

OMG. That was amazing!

I did not expect to like this at all because I’m not a fan of toffee cake but oh man, this was soooo good!

::yes:: Exactly my reaction. I was... "Meh. Dessert doesn't sound great so I'll eat more of the main course... what is this heaven????"

I was a little mad at myself for eating so much during the regular meal because I was too full to eat a lot of the dessert.

:laughing: First world problems.

I’m glad we rode at that time because when we got off, the line was stretched all the way back to the entrance to the River Boat.

Whoa! Good call!

Madam Carlotta was out so we stopped to listen to her for a bit.

She's great! :)

Nice shot. :thumbsup2

Oh, no! You all got scared!

Turns out it was each of our heads in a hatbox with the Hatbox Ghost!

I've seen that. So fun! Wish it'd been there when I was there.

:laughing: Well you are in Disney.

There was one more photo opportunity in the area which was holding a lantern by the entrance to Haunted Mansion.

::yes:: Seen that one.

I handed out the candy bags I brought for everyone.

Nice!

Wow, were the crowds crazy!

I've been hearing that the crowds were worse this year than in past years. Wonder if it's just getting more popular, or they're selling more tickets.

We finally got into the line and I felt so bad for Jocelyn. I had forgotten that she doesn’t handle crowds too well.

Aw, poor thing. Not fun.

we hit up the Little Mermaid ride. It was a walk on

It usually is. I think they really over-estimated the number of people who'd want to ride this.

We then hit up the candy stop in Ariel’s Grotto

I don't remember that from the last time I went (a few years ago.) Is it inside the grotto? Or just outside it?

I really wanted to ride Dumbo.

Why? Just like it? Or the view? Or?

There was once again, no line and we just had to wait for the previous ride to finish up before boarding our elephants.

Nice!

And then when we took off, we discovered that they were in a totally different train than us so we left them behind. We all had a good laugh on that one.

:laughing: Bye!!

For the party, Space Mountain was running in total darkness so it was very eerie going through there.

Nope. Not for me. Because...

Personally I didn’t want to ride it because I was worried about being whipped around too much.

...of the same reason you won't.

Jim absolutely refused to ride with me because he said I cheat on this ride.

:lmao: Do you? ;)

Not my best score, but not too bad either.

Not bad at all! I never do well there.

Plus I had read reports of more than an hour wait for him and I didn’t really want to waste that much time.

For Stitch? Huh! Never knew.

I’m not sure who suggested the next ride but we somehow ended up in line for Tomorrowland Speedway.

Why???????

The funny thing is, this turned out to be one of the most magical parts of our night

I retract my question! :laughing:

As we were waiting in line, Hallowishes started going off so we were able to catch a lot of the fireworks while we waited. And then when we started around the track, the perimeter fireworks started to go off right above us. We were literally surrounded by the fireworks.

Oh wow! That's a great experience!

Who would have thought that the Tomorrowland Speedway would be an awesome place to watch Hallowishes?

:laughing: Who indeed! Gonna be recommending that from now on???

the Hocus Pocus show mainly because Jocelyn mentioned wanting to see it.

What about you? The last time I went, I skipped it. Been there, saw that.

She was all by her lonesome without a sole around

Sorry. I had to.

:lmao:

Unfortunately only one photo from that shoot showed up in our account and when I contacted Disney, I got the standard “due to technical issues, we can’t recover your photos” reply.

:sad2:
I guess... what else can they say? If they're gone... they're gone.

:rotfl: You guys look terrified! Not!

We were behind people but we were up a step being on the porch. Plus it gave us a nice spot to sit for a few minutes before the parade started.

Nice! Not bad at all. :)

Because it was dark and we were back a bit, my pictures are pretty bad. My little camera does very well in the daylight but not so much with night pictures that have a lot of movement.

Yep. Tough shots to get without a fast lens.

And I definitely didn’t get any kind of shot at all of the Headless Horseman.

That one is a tough capture.

Like I said, pretty bad.

Actually... those aren't bad at all! :)

Seen that before and I really love it. Wish it'd been there years ago.

Here’s my candy haul from the night. This is just from my bag so imagine that times 5 and you will know how much we got all together. And that was only 6 candy stops!

Pretty good haul!

I traded for only one pin during the day.

And yet it's my favourite pin so far! :laughing:

I'm glad you all enjoyed the party! Even though our Sept.party was SO much more crowded than our past parties, I still love it and Boo To You is my absolute favorite parade :goodvibes
The Magic Shots this year were awesome! We got more than we normally ever do. Love your shirts too, ours were very similar except mine was a black tank but Steve's was the same gray. I love the idea of costumes, but my non-creative self would totally come up short lol.

We enjoy LTT for lunch but have never done dinner; it looks much better than I imagined it would be! I think my boys would like it, I'll have to keep it in mind if I ever get them to go back with us :rolleyes:

It's so pretty at twilight!

I’m glad we rode at that time because when we got off, the line was stretched all the way back to the entrance to the River Boat. Madam Carlotta was out so we stopped to listen to her for a bit.

:scared1:

BUT, isn't she hilarious?!

It's always amazing to me how fast it goes from twilight to dark!

Jim absolutely refused to ride with me because he said I cheat on this ride. I was fine with that because it gave me full control over my vehicle.

The funny thing is, this turned out to be one of the most magical parts of our night (well at least to me). As we were waiting in line, Hallowishes started going off so we were able to catch a lot of the fireworks while we waited. And then when we started around the track, the perimeter fireworks started to go off right above us. We were literally surrounded by the fireworks. Thank goodness Jim was driving us because all I did the whole ride was stare up at the sky! I was so mesmerized and in the moment that I totally didn’t even think to take out my camera for some photos. Who would have thought that the Tomorrowland Speedway would be an awesome place to watch Hallowishes?

Wow! How totally cool is that?!

And I definitely didn’t get any kind of shot at all of the Headless Horseman.

Because he is impossible to get. AT all. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter