Trick or Treat & Eat Some Sweets! Oct 2018 TR - LInk to new TR 5/17/19!

Awww, that was such a fun trip. We need to get back there together again someday!

Yes, yes, we do!!!! :rolleyes1

i-PGwNpM4-L.jpg
My favorite ride :) and I absolutely love this picture!!!!

Joining in. Love your pluto and stitch bag btw!

A Magic Kingdom Morning Part 1

Hi everyone! So sorry I disappeared there for a bit. I had a big project at work that kept me occupied for a while. But it's done now and I've managed to get an update written. I want to get it up today so I will be back next week to catch up on replies and also start the long process of catching up on everyone else's threads!

Mom and I were up and out the door by 7 am on Sunday, October 21st. We were meeting everyone over at the main building around 8 am so that we could make 9 am rope drop at MK. Mom and I were the only ones that went over to breakfast each morning, the others ate in the room. I have no pictures until I got to MK that morning so I’m not sure at this point what I had for breakfast. It was probably something light like a bagel and banana since we had an early lunch reservation that day.

Mom and I finished up breakfast pretty quickly, I think around 7:30 am. I was stressing a bit because I had to pick up our complementary MNSSHP tickets that day at the MK will call and didn’t want to waste time standing in line. So I asked Mom if she minded waiting for the others while I went ahead to MK to get our tickets. She was fine with that so I headed out and walked right on a bus to MK.

Oh yeah, I said there was a long story behind us going to the party so I might as well tell that now. When we first planned this trip we did discuss going to the party but I was really the only one that was enthusiastic about spending the money for it. Instead, I signed us up for Early Morning Magic that day. Mom and I split the cost of EMM as a surprise to John and Jocelyn. I figured that would be a great way to get Peter Pan and 7DMT in without using a FP for them. We had pretty limited MK time on this trip thanks to planning extra days at Epcot for Food and Wine and I needed to maximize the time we did have.

A few weeks later, I was browsing the DIS, reading reviews for EMM so I could figure out a strategy when I discovered that people were getting calls cancelling some of the Sunday EMMs in October including the one I had booked. Some people had been given extra FPs for the inconvenience while others were getting free tickets to the Halloween Party. I immediately called Mom and we decided that free tickets to the Halloween Party was what we wanted.

So when I got the call the next day, I played along with the CM, acting surprised and disappointed when he told me it was cancelled (I really was a little disappointed when I first read about the cancellations, but also excited to get to go to the party). He then asked if we could do the Tuesday EMM instead. Before I could even tell him no, he saw that I had an ADR at AK that day and that one of my party (Jim) didn’t have hoppers so that was not an option for us. He then asked if we were going to the Halloween Party that week and here’s where I poured it on pretty thick. I said no, we had wanted to but the cost was just a little bit above our price range so we decided to do EMM instead. I honestly think I made his day because he sounded very relieved when he offered me the Halloween tickets for that night. I think he probably had some pretty ugly calls before mine with people being upset over the cancellation. So I ended up getting the full price of EMM refunded to my credit card AND 5 free tickets to MNSSHP that night!

So that all leads up to me having to pick up the tickets at the MK will call that morning. I had a letter with a case number that was e-mailed to me and I needed to take it there to get our tickets.

I made it to MK around 8 am and walked right up to the will call window as there was no line. The CM read over my letter and then gave me five plastic tickets for the party that night. I was done very quickly and that was when I realized I had a small bit of “solo” time before the others got there! Of course none of the rides were open yet but I took some time to browse through the Emporium which was pretty much empty. I spotted several things I wanted but decided to wait till later to pick them up.

After my browsing spree, I stopped to get my picture with the pumpkins on Main Street. There was a bit of a line, maybe about 10 minutes.

I still had some time left before the others got there, Mom was keeping me updated on their progress, so I walked up to the train station and took some Main Street pictures from there.

I got a text at that point that the others had arrived so I walked out to the tap styles to meet them. I glanced over at Will Call while I was waiting and saw that there was about 20 people in line at that time. Thank goodness I came a little early to get our tickets!

I took a few more pictures of the Halloween decorations as we headed towards Main Street.

Mom really wanted some nice pictures in our Fab 5 shirts so we stopped along Main Street for some photos. The Photo Pass photographer took a while to get us lined up and I was starting to get impatient but once he started snapping I realized why he was stalling. He was waiting for the fireworks to go off!

Once he finished taking those pictures which are pretty awesome, he said he was going to pose us his way so he put the ladies in the front and had us turn slightly and bend one knee a bit. I think these turned out even better than the first set!

The CM really spent a lot of time making sure our photos looked great! I think we used the slight turn/bended knee trick the rest of the trick because it made us look pretty good in the photos.

Once we finished the photo shoot, I steered us towards Adventureland. My plan was to get the Jungle Cruise and Pirates done before our first FP expired which was for BTMR from 9:10 to 10:10 am. I figured that the Adventureland rides would be a walk on at this time of day since it was a Halloween Party day and most people head to Space Mountain or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train at rope drop.

Alas, it wasn’t meant to be on this morning. When we made it to Jungle Cruise there was already a bit of a line and we had to wait a bit longer than normal while they loaded a wheelchair onto one of the boats. I’m not complaining though, it was kind of fascinating to see the process, I had no idea they had a Jungle Cruise boat that could load a wheelchair. Overall we waited about 15 minutes before setting off on our cruise.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
A Magic Kingdom Morning Part 2

After our cruise, I thought we might still be able to get Pirates in and the wait time said 10 minutes which would have worked. But as we got in line, I realized that it extended all the way out the door and I knew we wouldn’t make it in time. It looked more like a 20-30 minute wait. So instead we bailed and headed to BTMR to use our FP.

I have about an hour gap in my photos after the Jungle Cruise but I know we used our FP for BTMR and then backtracked to Pirates again. BTMR took a little longer even with the FP because they were only running one train. And then we ended up waiting about 25 minutes for Pirates. So much for the low crowds that most people experience on party days! I took one solitary photo in the Pirates line.

Jim and I ended up in the back row which allowed me to take some pictures along the way. I don’t like to take them unless I’m in the back row because I don’t want to block anyone’s view.

And here’s our ride photo. I let Jim know where the camera was so at least the two of us knew where to look.

When we finished up with Pirates, we were already half way through our next FP which was for Space Mountain from 10:15 – 11:15 am so it was off to Tomorrowland for a spin through space.

And that was the last ride we were able to get in before we had to head to our lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. I had hoped to get more than four rides in that morning but crowds were a lot heavier than I was expecting.

We made it up to Fantasyland and BOG right on time and I checked us in. I had preordered for us so I was handed a plastic yellow rose and told to walk down the left side of the bridge. I had some trouble placing the pre-order and had to call Disney tech support to get it fixed. The line to order was about ½ way up the bridge so I’m really glad I took the time to make that call. There were two families in front of us to pay for pre-orders and for some reason it was taking a long time. The second group was two young girls and it appeared they were ordering, not just paying for a prepaid order. I’m not sure if they were just adding to their order or if they ended up in the wrong line somehow. But a CM saw us waiting and came over with an IPad. She was able to charge the meal to my Magic Band and get us all squared away. Oh, because I placed the order ahead of time, I had to pay for everyone’s meal, they can’t split the bill on a pre-order. I was fine with this but wanted to mention it so others will be aware of it.

The ballroom was pretty crowded so we ended up going into the Rose Room on the right and found a table in the back corner. Here’s my view:

I actually really enjoy sitting in this room, it’s much quieter and usually a lot less crowded than the ballroom. I’ve never sat in the West Wing because I find it too dark. I like to see what I’m eating!

We got our drinks and waited about 10 minutes for our meals to come. Jocelyn got the Croque Monsieur sandwich with fries.

John got the Vegetable Quiche.

Jim got the French Dip Sandwich with green beans.

And Mom and I both got the Carved Turkey Sandwich but for some reason I don’t have a picture from this trip. So here’s one from my January trip.

Jocelyn and I both got the triple chocolate cupcake for dessert.

And Mom got the Lemon Meringue Cupcake.

I think everyone really enjoyed their meals. I know I did! BOG is one of my favorite Counter Service meals at Disney and the chocolate cupcake is pretty much a must do for me. Out of my four trips in 2018 I ate lunch there 3 times!

After lunch, it was time to head out of the park. John, Jocelyn and Jim were heading back to the room for a nap so they took off and headed to the exit. Mom and I had a mission to complete but first I wanted to pick up the items in the Emporium that I had spotted earlier that day. My first purchase was a Mickey rain coat.

I also got a Star Wars toy for our dogs.

And a Mickey Mouse sequin shirt. I had originally planned on getting one of the castle ones I saw in August but this one grabbed my attention and I got it instead.

And finally, a little Dumbo dish.

Oh, and here’s a picture with my Mickey shirt on after we got back to the room that afternoon.

I know Mom picked up a few items but I don’t remember what they were at this point. Once we finished our shopping we headed out to catch a monorail to Epcot. We both wanted to get the Annual Passholder cutting board and the only way to get it was to enter Epcot on 4 separate days. We had 3 days already planned for Epcot and this was the only day we could get in the 4th. We caught the monorail around to the TTC and then transferred to the Epcot line. Once we got to Epcot, we scanned into the park, picked up a couple of food and wine passport books and then turned around and headed back to the buses. We waited a bit for a bus, probably about 15 minutes, but we made it back to the room around 2 pm which gave us about an hour to get off of our feet for a bit before heading back out to the party.

Up Next: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

I really love BoG for lunchtime, we have eaten there at least 8x for lunch and only had 1 subpar experience! So I’m with you!

I remember your story about the MNSSHP tickets, did they also give you back your money from EMM? What a good deal if they did!

I love the shirt you got and the pictures in front of the castle with all of you are so nice, treasures for you all!

5 party tickets was a LOVELY compensation and would have been exactly what I'd have done if I didn't already have the tickets. Love that they did this for you AND that you got them early so you could avoid the lines!

You got a lot done that morning I think before you super great looking lunch at BOG. I've eaten there a couple of times and I think still would choose CHH over it. But, I do like it there for theming. :)

LOVE your shirt purchase. Super cute!

The PP scored BIG with timing his photos just right for the fireworks. How incredibly cool!! :lovestruc

Love those photopass photos! Timing it with the fireworks made them extra great.

BoG lunch looks good. Last time I ate there it wasn't that great so I decided to take a break from lunch there for a while. I do want to check out the new dinner menu though.

Hi everyone! So sorry I disappeared there for a bit. I had a big project at work that kept me occupied for a while.

:hug: No worries. We all know (and experience) life getting busy. Just glad to see you back again. :)

I have no pictures until I got to MK that morning so I’m not sure at this point what I had for breakfast.

A massive platter filled with all manner of breakfast food and enough to feed a family of eight.

I was really the only one that was enthusiastic about spending the money for it.

I love that party. I'll gladly pay for it.

Mom and I split the cost of EMM as a surprise to John and Jocelyn. I figured that would be a great way to get Peter Pan and 7DMT in without using a FP for them.

Nice of you. :)

I discovered that people were getting calls cancelling some of the Sunday EMMs in October including the one I had booked. Some people had been given extra FPs for the inconvenience while others were getting free tickets to the Halloween Party. I immediately called Mom and we decided that free tickets to the Halloween Party was what we wanted.

well... yeah!!!!!

(I really was a little disappointed when I first read about the cancellations, but also excited to get to go to the party).

::yes::

I honestly think I made his day because he sounded very relieved when he offered me the Halloween tickets for that night.

:laughing: I bet you did!

So I ended up getting the full price of EMM refunded to my credit card AND 5 free tickets to MNSSHP that night!

Niiiiiice. :thumbsup2

I had a letter with a case number that was e-mailed to me and I needed to take it there to get our tickets.

Ohhh... I was wondering why you had to stand in line. Got it now.

The CM read over my letter and then gave me four plastic tickets for the party that night.

Four? Not five? Or did one go on your MB?

Cute photo of you. :)

I walked up to the train station and took some Main Street pictures from there.

::yes:: Great spot for Main St. photos.

I glanced over at Will Call while I was waiting and saw that there was about 20 people in line at that time. Thank goodness I came a little early to get our tickets!

Nice move.

once he started snapping I realized why he was stalling. He was waiting for the fireworks to go off!

Oh! Nice of him. :)

That is nice! :)

had us turn slightly and bend one knee a bit.

::yes:: I'm very familiar with the technique. And I've noticed that a lot of young girls (I presume from Instagram? :confused3) know it as well.

I think we used the slight turn/bended knee trick the rest of the trick because it made us look pretty good in the photos.

::yes:: It's a very flattering pose. :)

I had no idea they had a Jungle Cruise boat that could load a wheelchair.

I guess it makes sense... but I've never seen that either.

It looked more like a 20-30 minute wait. So instead we bailed and headed to BTMR to use our FP.

Too bad... but glad you got there later without too much of a wait.

Jim and I ended up in the back row which allowed me to take some pictures along the way. I don’t like to take them unless I’m in the back row because I don’t want to block anyone’s view.

Nice of you. :)

<sigh>

I let Jim know where the camera was so at least the two of us knew where to look.

:)
I've never remembered. Maybe someday. :laughing:

To infinity... and beyond!

I had hoped to get more than four rides in that morning but crowds were a lot heavier than I was expecting.

But you got some big ones out of the way. I'd call it a success. :)

The line to order was about ½ way up the bridge so I’m really glad I took the time to make that call.

::yes:: I always pre-order. I love just walking in, sitting down, and someone brings me yummy food.

I’m not sure if they were just adding to their order or if they ended up in the wrong line somehow.

Possibly a language barrier thing?

Oh, because I placed the order ahead of time, I had to pay for everyone’s meal, they can’t split the bill on a pre-order. I was fine with this but wanted to mention it so others will be aware of it.

Good to know. Thanks.

I actually really enjoy sitting in this room, it’s much quieter and usually a lot less crowded than the ballroom.

Me too.

I’ve never sat in the West Wing because I find it too dark. I like to see what I’m eating!

But I don't find it too dark, but I can certainly see how others might find it so.

I think everyone really enjoyed their meals.

And yet... no French onion soup??????

:faint:

he chocolate cupcake is pretty much a must do for me.

Thanks for the tip. :)

My first purchase was a Mickey rain coat.

I like it!

I also got a Star Wars toy for our dogs.

:laughing: Lucky pups.

I didn't notice the criss-cross at the neckline. I like it! Very pretty.

Once we got to Epcot, we scanned into the park, picked up a couple of food and wine passport books and then turned around and headed back to the buses.

:laughing:
Glad you had such a great time in Epcot! :lmao:

Up Next: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Can't wait!!

I'm joining in, all caught up!

my Mom asked him to stop off at Walmart and pick up two coffee pots for our rooms. They were $9 a piece so much cheaper than buying coffee every day. Mom and Jocelyn are big coffee drinkers so they just brought supplies from home to make their own coffee.

That is such a good idea!

We were only a few people back from the front and this was the scene behind us.

I can't believe the crowds! Though we arrived right around 9am on our recent trip and we were at the very back of the crowd and couldn't believe it.

Unlike the first two times though, I loaded into the car first. Wow! What a difference being on that side makes. I found it a lot more thrilling because any time the track leans a bit it’s towards the left. Being seated on the left side, you get a much better view of the huge drop to the ground on those curves!

I was riding with my 4 year old so I had watched the track and realized that I wanted to load first so she could lean into me on the curves. I was surprised they made the entire ride that way! But it worked out so she never had to be on the "scary" side.

And then he kicked Jim out so that I could have a picture with just him. He wanted to pose like dogs so that’s exactly what we did.

I love this picture! He looks like a fun meet.

Overall not my favorite place and I probably won’t go back any time soon. But as always, I’m glad I gave it a try so I could form my own opinion. I know a lot of people really enjoy HBD.

We weren't impressed with HBD when we went several years ago either and haven't been back. Maybe we were expecting too much because so many people seem to love it!

I’m going to abbreviate that as AS2 since you can’t type out the actual initials here on the DIS

Ah, I like this abbreviation! I was annoyed that they didn't think about the acronym when naming this ride (or maybe, someone did).

We ended up getting two almost complete rides thanks to whomever stood up the first time!

Did they kick that person out from getting to ride a second time? I'd be afraid someone might fall out of the car with a jerky stop if they were standing up!

The Photo Pass photographer took a while to get us lined up and I was starting to get impatient but once he started snapping I realized why he was stalling. He was waiting for the fireworks to go off!

That made for an awesome picture!

Happy New Year!

Great family pics with the matching shirts!

Sounds like a great morning and a good lunch at BOG!

I want to get it up today so I will be back next week to catch up on replies and also start the long process of catching up on everyone else's threads!
I know the feeling!

So when I got the call the next day, I played along with the CM, acting surprised and disappointed when he told me it was cancelled (I really was a little disappointed when I first read about the cancellations, but also excited to get to go to the party). He then asked if we could do the Tuesday EMM instead. Before I could even tell him no, he saw that I had an ADR at AK that day and that one of my party (Jim) didn’t have hoppers so that was not an option for us. He then asked if we were going to the Halloween Party that week and here’s where I poured it on pretty thick. I said no, we had wanted to but the cost was just a little bit above our price range so we decided to do EMM instead. I honestly think I made his day because he sounded very relieved when he offered me the Halloween tickets for that night. I think he probably had some pretty ugly calls before mine with people being upset over the cancellation. So I ended up getting the full price of EMM refunded to my credit card AND 5 free tickets to MNSSHP that night!
Sweet! I heard about that on Backside of Magic, and it sounded like an awesome make-up! Wonder if you could have asked for 3 FPs as well?

Mom really wanted some nice pictures in our Fab 5 shirts so we stopped along Main Street for some photos. The Photo Pass photographer took a while to get us lined up and I was starting to get impatient but once he started snapping I realized why he was stalling. He was waiting for the fireworks to go off!

Lovely!

So I ended up getting the full price of EMM refunded to my credit card AND 5 free tickets to MNSSHP that night!
Well, it's too bad that your EMM was cancelled, but you certainly can't complain about free party tickets.

Those pictures are really good, it was worth the wait. The photographers are such a hit or miss. It's great when you get one who enjoys what they do and wants to give you a good result.

I had hoped to get more than four rides in that morning but crowds were a lot heavier than I was expecting.
How strange. I would expected light crowds on a party day. Weird.

We made it up to Fantasyland and BOG right on time and I checked us in. I had preordered for us so I was handed a plastic yellow rose and told to walk down the left side of the bridge. I had some trouble placing the pre-order and had to call Disney tech support to get it fixed. The line to order was about ½ way up the bridge so I’m really glad I took the time to make that call. There were two families in front of us to pay for pre-orders and for some reason it was taking a long time.
I have to confess that I have never been to Be Our Guest, and part of the reason is the whole process seems a bit confusing to me. I suppose it's not that difficult, I just could never quite figure out what the most efficient way is to do this restaurant.

Happy New Year! I read your latest update a few days ago and thought I commented..... Yeah, that's how my mind is working lately :crazy: Anyway I love all your matching character shirts and I have that Mickey rain jacket, too :love:

This is the smile of a lady who just scored 5 free tickets and a refund on Disney!! woooo hooo!!

Such a great picture!! Definitely worth the wait :)

I think we used the slight turn/bended knee trick the rest of the trick because it made us look pretty good in the photos.
I will have to remember this trick! :)

And here’s our ride photo. I let Jim know where the camera was so at least the two of us knew where to look.

The people in the front look pretty terrified...

Enjoying your trip report. And I am also a huge Pluto fan! I got the huge one that you got on your August trip during my trip in September and it was hard getting him home on the plane!

The Photo Pass photographer took a while to get us lined up and I was starting to get impatient but once he started snapping I realized why he was stalling. He was waiting for the fireworks to go off!

Definitely worth waiting for, great shots!

And a Mickey Mouse sequin shirt. I had originally planned on getting one of the castle ones I saw in August but this one grabbed my attention and I got it instead.

Love it!

Me too. I was following someone else's and was encouraged to write. Here I am.

And I'm glad you did! I really enjoy your TRs (which I'm way behind on right now).

One Jets ticket ranges from $100 for nosebleed to $300. That's one ticket.

Yikes! We had to settle for ECHL hockey this year. We got a package for the Atlanta Gladiators.

You have varied collecting tastes. Plutos, bears, elephants, pressed pennies.... I'm sure there's more.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I do collect. I guess you could call it my addiction. It runs in the family, both my Mom and brother love to collect stuff. Besides the items listed above I also collect Hall China in the Crocus pattern, Goebel animals, mostly birds but I do have some other animals thrown in there, Disney Tsum Tsums and Vinylmations. I also have a small collection of Country Bears, Dumbo and Stitch. Plus there's the stuff I've collected in the past, got bored with and sold off. Ty Beanie babies and Breyer Horses are two of those items. I'm debating now about selling off the Tsum Tsum and Vinyls that aren't Pluto but I haven't made a final decision.

Maybe through the parking lots? Do they share? I could look... but I don't want to.

We did cut through some parking lots but there's just no direct route.

We're gonna try to rope drop it I think because that's the same day we're doing AK (only so many days at WDW this trip) and we need to FP FOP.

I would just try to get there early if possible. But I do agrea that FOP is definitely the better ride to FP.

FP would stand for Fast Pee.

:rotfl2:

Plus they've moved it haven't they?

Yes, they flipped the entrance to the other side of the building so that it's in TSL. The area where you used to enter is currently closed off to the public but they are putting something Cars (I think?) in there. I haven't been paying super close attention to it.

Don't you mean their voyage?

:rotfl:

sometimes you need to take a break and just... be in the moment.

True! And I did a bit of that on this trip for sure.

Huh. So not just spinning, then.

Nope, dropping does it too. And definitely Star Tours, and the upside down parts of RNRC, and the backwards part of EE.... Well you get the idea.

Yeah, that's a bit away. Could've been worse, I suppose.

It really wasn't that bad once I found the quickest path. And at least we weren't in Country.

I can relate. My mom has similar issues. She has to eat.

It's a constant struggle with my Mom because she's one of those that's better at taking care of other people than herself.

Have some corn!

Only if it's on the cob. Seriously, it's the only way I really like it. And don't ask me what the difference is, I have no idea.

Too much $$ for too little ribs.

Exactly.

You were in it? Cool! What parts did you play?

:rotfl2:Ha Ha! The only Disney show that I've actually been in was the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I got to play the Can Can girl a few years ago.

Not a fan?

Nope, the only time he rode RNRC, he was white as a ghost and I had to pretty much pry his fingers off the handles to get him off the ride.

Interesting that that one doesn't bother him. I know it bothers me a little.

Star Tours is like playing Russia Roulette for me. It usually makes me a bit nauseous but if I get certain scenes (pod racers) I'm in big trouble!

Yep. Guess that would explain it all right. Wonder what was up?

I definitely wanted to know the answer to that question at the time! It makes me kind of nervous when something is obviously wrong with part of the ride.

I've stopped doing Space Mountain because of the jarring and I know it won't be long before this one goes too.

Yeah, I'm getting less and less fond of the bigger coasters. EE gives me issues too now, especially the backwards part.

So you were snorting snow in Disney, were you?

:lmao:Not on purpose, that's for sure!

I've never seen the show (I'm not generally a fan of Disney shows, so...) but I might in May. Good to know.

It's not a bad show really, just not what most people would expect. If you go in know it's basically a comedy show based around the Frozen story with a few of the characters thrown in, you can enjoy it for what it is then. Oh and of course the 100s of little girls (and a few adults as well) singing the Frozen songs at the top of their voices.

I can't do that. It's tempting, but... I go on vacation to have someone clean up after me!

Me too! I don't think I could ever waive mousekeeping.

I loved it! That was the only Cobb salad I have ever had though and I wasn't disappointed at all.

Jim's pretty simple in his tastes so that may be why he likes the much simpler Zaxby's version.

That was a total bummer!

It was, I really wish we could have met up but I was just too busy being the tour guide to me family. :)

Yea, crazy! Bad timing, I guess!

Yep. I bet we were actually in the restaurant at the same time but just didn't cross paths.

Who does these things?? o_O But good for you :D

I have no idea who it actually was because I didn't see the incident. But I'm wondering if it was maybe a kid? I didn't care since it got us a second ride.

Ha! Typical husband!

There's a lot I buy that he thinks I don't need. :rotfl:Most of the time he just shakes his head and moves on.

I'm sad that I never did get into Launch Bay on my last trip. But none of my family besides me like Star Wars at all, so I just didn't want to deal with dragging them through there. It does look like there are some interesting props there.

It's definitely a neat place to check out if you like Star Wars but I understand not wanting to go in if you aren't a fan. I like the fact that they change out the displays occasionally so that there is always new stuff to see.

I think all Jazz is preferred now. When I was researching my room request in August, some time ago preferred was only Calypso but now it's both buildings.

Ah, OK. I thought that I had read that somewhere but then couldn't find it. I did think about upgrading to preferred for this trip but was trying to make it economical for everyone else.

I'm familiar with this kind of thing. My oldest DD is Type 1 Diabetic so sugar management is important, and hard to do at Disney. We generally find her sugars get high because of all the treats and big meals, but it can easily go low with all the walking and if you eat less.

Mom usually tries to carry some little gummy snacks with her but didn't have any on this day.

The 13 year old boy in me is terribly disappointed with the AS2 abbreviation

:rotfl2:

Interesting. This happened to my family too, but I thought it may have been because we got the last show of the night and they were trying to get rid of all the snope for cleaning or something.

I saw it in August and in October and came out of both shows completely sticky. I think they must do that with all the shows!

I was also on the 3rd floor in Calypso and found it nice and quiet. Definitely a trade off for convenience compared to 1st floor, but I think I preferred it.

I'm definitely going to start requesting top floor now. I couldn't believe how much quieter it was than my first floor room at Movies in August. I think it's worth the little bit of inconvenience of walking to the elevators.

Isn't he so thoughtful and sweet. Your early morning crowd at DHS sounds nut's. Gotta say that all your meals at Brown Derby looked small.

He did do a great job that day finding me some cool stuff.

I was definitely disappointed in the size of the meals at HBD.

i am here.. I have to catch up.. Work is calling.. New system and for whatever reason i am now the point person..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter