• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Triceratops Spin

Corey Sandler, in his Econoguide book, does mention "cute", "smart" and "wow!" in categorizing Disney attractios. Yes, Triceratops Spin is "cute".

OK all you Hidden Mickey fanatics!

Go to Dinoland and see all the little theming details they put into Triceratops Spin and the nearby games!

Notice the paired semicircular tabs here and there along the center line of each Triceratops as if they were made out of stamped sheet metal with a left half and a right half, as were many toys from the era (pre-1960) of the "tin" toy musical top.

Don't answer in the next 30 seconds but (1) What is the significance of those comets on the Triceratops Spin center section that go the other way as the ride spins? Hint: Go to the Dinosaur f.k.a. Countdown to Extinction ride. (2) Where are the names "Tyrannosaurus Flex" and "Wimposaurus"?

If Triceratops Spin is truly a one of a kind ride, it was not cheap to build. Only time will tell, when the country wakes up out of recession, should the Aladdin's Carpet and Triceratops Spin have 45 minute or more waits, those rides would have been a smashing success. Corey Sandler had said (about Dumbo) that waiting an hour for a 90 second ride is poor use of one's time at Disney World.

I happen to love AK. My second favorite park (after Epcot) I have yet to get bored with it. We spend at least 2 days there each trip and have yet to see and do everything! I think there is plenty to do at AK as long as your mentality isn't "Hurry up and do it all." or if you are only going for "rides"

Take time and stroll the trails, enjoy the oasis, sit and watch the animals for a while. Explore the tree, enjoy the static presentations, take AK for what it is, laid back, less hectic, relaxing and enjoyable.

I will be "judging" the new dino area in January so I can't really comment on it. I've seen the pics, and they do seem a bit out of place for that park. AK has always seemed so "earthy" and natural that a carnival atmosphere may feel out of place, but I can't really say. I do know that the time period they are trying to focus on with Dinoland is that late 50's finding all the bones era, so maybe when all the transitioning is complete, it will have more of a late 50's carnival feel to it and it will work better.

:earsgirl:
43 more days!!!

I do agree Test Track was a mistake. It's ok...but it's not the old "Disney Magic." I can't believe Disney took out Horizons, World of Motion, and the old Figment Imagination ride. They take out the BEST rides and build Test Track instead.:mad: Disney took a big step DOWN over that bad move. Epcot has never been the same for me. I loved Horizons...what were they thinking when they took that out?

I am concerned about Disney getting away from what makes Disney so special. For some reason, there are too many executive suits walking around who are making decisions that lack imagination. For example, Spinner ride clones are popping up everywhere. One Dumbo ride is enough. Instead, Disney should design more rides that takes you on a magical journey. If you can't build it with the highest quality and imaginaiton, then don't build it at all.

I point these things out because I love Disney so much.

King Triton:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Epcot has never been the same for me either...Except that my family loves TT and I couldn't wait for Horizons to bite the dust (and I say thais knowing it will sting my friend Horizons Fan - Dave, I'm sorry!...But these analogies fall into the personal & subjective catagory, so disagreement is good!
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter