Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Question for people who have done this: Does having 6 fastpasses pre-booked make it hard to plan on anything else for the day? If my first fp is 10 am and have them all consecutively until 4pm, are you killing a lot of time riding only 1 ride per hour? How hard was it to integrate your 60 day fps into the 3 clfp made at 90 days? Just trying to think through all the logistical issues to make sure it's worth it. ( I'm sure some of the answers are in this post, I'm just being lazy and not wanting to read all 109 pages :) )

Question for people who have done this: Does having 6 fastpasses pre-booked make it hard to plan on anything else for the day? If my first fp is 10 am and have them all consecutively until 4pm, are you killing a lot of time riding only 1 ride per hour? How hard was it to integrate your 60 day fps into the 3 clfp made at 90 days? Just trying to think through all the logistical issues to make sure it's worth it. ( I'm sure some of the answers are in this post, I'm just being lazy and not wanting to read all 109 pages :) )

I found it very hard to plan and it actually conflicted with our general theme park touring style. That’s the main reason we’ve only done it once.

We didn’t necessarily kill a bunch of time between FPs. Just did meals, non FP shows and such, etc. One day we hopped - 3 in one park that morning, 3 later that day at another park.

People have different preferences and takes on this, but that’s one reason we did the three CL FPs first, then the three regular ones second as I knew we’d be OK sticking to a plan for the first three but then wanted to be able to modify the next three myself and not have to go through Disney via phone.

One thing I want to make sure you’re thinking about correctly (can’t tell from your post), you book all 6 FPs at the 90 day from check out mark for any days you’re using the program. If you have any park days where you’re not using the program, you book those 3 at 60 days. You may already have that straight, if so, sorry!

Yes. Yes. Easy.
We did this program back when it was new. At the time, it included primo fireworks/night show viewing. It was pretty mint having a primo spot in MK, and the luxury of being able to sit during the fireworks.

We've been to WDW many times, so it is hard to condense our many experiences into one sentence, but briefly, FP+ has improved since it was first introduced. In prior years, changing fastpasses was hard, and you simply could not get more than 3 FP. In the early days of 4th FP, choices for our 4th FP were very limited.

This spring, we didn't pay for the extra FP, and I was glad we didn't. We got quite a few quality FP without paying extra.

I'd maybe consider it again though after more new rides open if it is still offered.

When we did the CLFP, I did not book ANY TS dining, and I think that helped us enjoy it more. I think they discontinued the PM reserved viewing because it was too much for most folks to do 6FP, and fireworks, and CL.

I don't know if you are a CL veteran or not, but just getting back to our resort each evening for the food takes some doing.

Thank you both. Very good information. The dining issue was the first thing I thought about. Not a CL veteran at all. Actually never stayed CL before. Was not aware of booking all 6 fp at 90 either. Can u use the program if your days are not consecutive? ie - you want to take a resort or Disney Springs day in the middle.

Hello! do you have to purchase a 3 day ticket or can you purchase a 2 day and then a 1 day? example: going to parks for 2 days then off site for 2 and then back to parks for 1 day. I don't want to purchase a flex ticket.

Ugh! This is another way the new ticket policies really bite. Sorry you have to consider buying two tickets to go 3 non-consecutive days.

Thank you both. Very good information. The dining issue was the first thing I thought about. Not a CL veteran at all. Actually never stayed CL before. Was not aware of booking all 6 fp at 90 either. Can u use the program if your days are not consecutive? ie - you want to take a resort or Disney Springs day in the middle.
You have to purchase a minimum of 3 days of the CL FP's. You can use them on whatever day of your vacation you like (as long as you have a ticket connected for each FP day.)

We don't always use all 6. We like being able to plan the headliners ahead, and add in a few more. I generally make the first 4 pastpasses the ones we really want, and then we can see how we feel for the last two. Things like heat/humidity, rain can affect how late we want to stay.
We also like to go back to the resort, relax and enjoy the evening lounge offerings.

Is the price still $50/person/day, minimum 3 days? I really hadn’t planned on booking this again but with the changes at DHS I’m starting to consider it...

Forgive me if this has already been covered, I’m out of the loop. Is it true that the tiers for Hollywood Studios is changing and if so, what exactly is the change?

I checked in with my DSS person yesterday b/c I had a specific ticketing question and wanted to see if they could confirm something. I also asked if anything has "changed" or will be changing in preparation for my August CL FP booking date (for November trip). Hoping to learn anything about SWGE - but got nothing new. She confirmed the change of tiers within HS and the removal of the nighttime viewing locations (which we didn't even have last November). So no real changes and no reason to think this is going away for at least the rest of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter