Trends that you hope will go away soon

Also selfies where the subject sticks out their tongue or flips the bird.

DH and I were browsing election laws last night and apparently in Michigan it is illegal to take selfies while voting. While part of me feels the right to vote is sacred another part feels if you are immature enough to take selfies while doing it you are too immature to vote.

Also about 3 years ago SD8 was posing for pictures with her tongue sticking out and flashing a sideways peace sign because that is how her mother taught her to do it. Again, you're 33, stop posing for pictures like a 12 year old and why is sticking your tongue out in pictures a thing in the first place?

DH and I were browsing election laws last night and apparently in Michigan it is illegal to take selfies while voting. While part of me feels the right to vote is sacred another part feels if you are immature enough to take selfies while doing it you are too immature to vote.

The MI law, which is actually "no photos in the voting booth" is meant to combat potential voter intimidation/manipulation tactics. If you can't take pictures of or with your ballot, no one can use "show us proof you voted for XXX and we'll give you YYY" as a tactic to manipulate election outcomes (not that I'm aware of it ever having happened or been attempted, but a lot of our election security policies are more about what-ifs than responses to real-world problems"). But I don't see the "I voted" selfie (taken outside of the polling place with the sticker) as immature or a negative trend. I kind of like that voting is something to brag about for my kids' generation, especially in light of the apathy of my own peers about participating in the democratic process.

Also about 3 years ago SD8 was posing for pictures with her tongue sticking out and flashing a sideways peace sign because that is how her mother taught her to do it. Again, you're 33, stop posing for pictures like a 12 year old and why is sticking your tongue out in pictures a thing in the first place?
My DD 12 sticks her tongue out a lot in pics. Drives me crazy. Even when she is hanging up from me or DH on FaceTime she does a little pose with her tongue out. I told her to knock it off, no one wants to see her tongue. She thinks I am old and uncool. I don’t care. It looks ridiculous.

My daughter just got 5 points taken off of a paper because she referred to Amelia Earhart as "she". Since my daughter never spoke to Amelia, her teacher wondered why she would be so "presumptuous" as to assume that is the pronoun Amelia preferred.

"Always go with 'they' until you speak with someone directly".

I really can't believe this is our world.
They is actually grammatically incorrect and makes my skin crawl.

French fries in sandwiches. Listen. If I wanted the darn fries in my sandwich, I'd have moved them there from my plate a long time ago!!!
Stay out of Pittsburgh! Ha ha! French fries and cole slaw on a sandwich is awesome!

We rode our bicycles across New York. We were sitting at lunch in the middle of nowhere when my buddy says, "wonder if they'll look at me weird if I ask for french fries on a steak salad." The waitress just happened to be passing by and she paused, pointed at my menu, "The Pittsburgh salad is right there..." :D

Food served on anything other than a plate.

No cedar planks. No roof tiles. No cast iron skillets. No serving food in drink glasses or mason jars.

And uhhh Dang.

cck4b1v7npix.png

Just stop it. Just stop it.

IMG_0938.jpg

Come on Really?

I bet you some pretentious idiot paid $20 for this. If they served it on a plate, it would be a bigger portion and cost $3.

IMG_0951.jpg

Who even knew that was a thing LOL

Thanks for posting the info. I’m going to definitely look into it.

You quit smoking and I’ll lose weight and then we’ll own these boards *snap*
{{sigh}} Quitting smoking will leave me needing to lose weight...my last quit I gained almost 20lbs. - half of which I retained even after I relapsed. :sad:

{{sigh}} Quitting smoking will leave me needing to lose weight...my last quit I gained almost 20lbs. - half of which I retained even after I relapsed. :sad:

That’s what ‘they’ seem to say, that quitting smoking leads to weight gain. Instead of a ciggie, hold a carrot LOL

That’s what ‘they’ seem to say, that quitting smoking leads to weight gain. Instead of a ciggie, hold a carrot LOL
It's actually a 2-part problem. Many people (me included) do tend to eat more to try to squash the cravings - although it really doesn't work very well. Also, there is at least an incremental slowing of the metabolism without nicotine so one would actually need to cut back on calories just to prevent weight gain. The people I know who have managed this most successfully are those that have started fairly robust exercise programs along with their quit, as both a distraction and to prevent weight gain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter