Treehouse Villas on Memorial Day weekend

ufcliff

DVC Member since 1997
Dates: May 24-27, 2013
Travel Method: Personal car
Resort: Disney’s Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs
Experience: First Treehouse visit; Multiple DVC excursions since 1997

Was really surprised seven months ago when Treehouse Villas were available for Memorial Day weekend. For a family of eight, SOOOO much nicer than crammning into a two-bedroom villa.

The check-in experience was pleasant and quick out-the-door. We were somewhat surprised to discover that you can only park one vehicle at the Treehouse, the other is to be parked at Saratoga Springs . We knew when we made the reservation that everything we brought had to be walked-up into the villa, so we were prepared and organized! The only other frustration came when we got to the room.....for the second time in a row, we found dirty dishes in the cupboard (this time a couple of plates that I guess had gone through the dishwasher, but had baked-on food still remaining).

We really liked the villa and the general surroundings of the property. The outside porch was enjoyed in the mornings and the grill at the base of the steps was convenient.

Our big discovery......if you take Disney bus transportation and can walk, it is faster to get to ANY treehouse (we were in the front next to the main entrance) if you exit the bus at the Grandstand area of Saratoga and walk the path across the golf course than it is to continue on the bus to the Springs stop and ride the Treehouse Villa shuttle. I (with one 59-year-old hip and one year-old hip) walking with two four-year olds got to our villas and were halfway through baths (love two tubs) when the other adults arrived on their shuttle.

This was a family water-park trip.....all day Saturday at Blizzard Beach. My wife and I (the only ones with annual passes) did sneak off to the early morning hour (7am) at AK on Saturday.....great animal activity!

Thanks for the report. I have a treehouse reserved in October for my adults kids and their cousins. They are thinking of renting a van, and hitting the food and wine as well as Universal Horror nights.
Questions... Did it seem like all the treehouses were occupied?
Did you have one of the ones closest to the Grandstand?
Can you think of any essentials that they should bring?
Is there any room for an inflatable bed anywhere?
Was the pool crowded? Is there an ice machine anywhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter