Treehouse Villa vs. OKW

momof2intx

DIS Veteran
Hello it's been AGES since I've posted on the boards!

Need advice on which to book for a party of 6 adults ages 18-75.

2 bedroom villa at Old key West

OR

3 bedroom Treehouse Villa at Saratoga Springs

The main difference I see in the rooms themselves - is that the OKW Villas have been newly renovated and the three bedroom treehouses seem a little dark and outdated - although it might just be that the videos I see on YouTube are bad quality.

Curious to hear your thoughts and experiences and which you would choose!

I would probably choose OKW because I don’t think the third bedroom in the treehouse with the bunk beds is a great option except for kids. OKW’s second bedroom has two queen beds which offers a bit more versatility. But my suggestion would be to think about either a grand villa (at OKW or elsewhere) or a two-bedroom villa with a third bathroom for the folks using the living room couch and/or sleeper chair. It makes for a much more convenient stay for everyone, but a lot depends on your group dynamics and the level of privacy desired. If everyone would like to sleep in a “real bed” instead of a couch, a grand villa fits the bill nicely with multiple bathrooms, always a good thing. ;)

Hello it's been AGES since I've posted on the boards!

Need advice on which to book for a party of 6 adults ages 18-75.

2 bedroom villa at Old key West

OR

3 bedroom Treehouse Villa at Saratoga Springs

The main difference I see in the rooms themselves - is that the OKW Villas have been newly renovated and the three bedroom treehouses seem a little dark and outdated - although it might just be that the videos I see on YouTube are bad quality.

Curious to hear your thoughts and experiences and which you would choose!

I think that the treehouses were last renovated in 2015 or 2016, so pretty new. They do offer multiple sleeping areas as the living room has a sleeper sofa. There are only two bathrooms. One thing to keep in mind also since you mentioned that it six adults is that there is only parking space for one car at the treehouse itself.

Haven’t stayed in a treehouse since I was a kid, but friends went down last year with their family of six, two adults and four teenagers, and just loved it.

That being said I really like the decor at OKW, and the views will be more open.

OKW will be just fine with 6 adults as will the Tree house....
I think this more so comes down to what your family will like... hey it just does not get much better than staying in a Tree house for a lot of people... but you need to like that sort of thing... Whiles yes not a real child hood type Tree house but certainly close enough...
The only issue I can see is the Tree houses are remote and will take a bit of extra time to get to the main part of SSR should you want to eat there but some parts of OKW are remote as well and honestly those are the best parts of OKW...

We LOVE the treehouses. Such a peaceful, nice vibe. I'd pick that assuming your older travelers can make it up and down the steps.

OKW is not my favorite resort but the rooms are large and the theme is unique if you like the beach, etc.

Thank you so much for your responses! I had everyone watch YouTube videos and do their research online and the majority still want OKW....which I'm a little bummed about because I really liked the idea of the Treehouse. The biggest thing was how remote they seem and that it kind of takes away from the "Disney Magic" feel....having only a bunch of trees to look at (their words) and the fact that you have to take an internal bus to the main parts of SSR.

Oh well...maybe one day I'll be able to stay in one of those Treehouses!

The only issue I can see is the Tree houses are remote and will take a bit of extra time to get to the main part of SSR should you want to eat there but some parts of OKW are remote as well and honestly those are the best parts of OKW...

I agree. OKW would be easier for everyone to get around - food, bus, pool, etc. Since you have a wide spread on ages going, OKW might be better for the young and old on a long day.

We stay at OKW most trips now and I always have wanted to stay in a treehouse.....but each time when it boils down to it we all just love the laid back vibe and beautiful colors of OKW. We head there a week from tomorrow and I will see the treehouses when we play LBV golf course and I am sure I will wonder again....

Be aware that OKW has very few buildings with an elevator. If any of the guests in your party can't do stairs, make sure you request an elevator building for medical needs or a ground level villa. With THV, the one bedroom with the bunk beds is really small as are the beds (shorter than twin and narrower than twin). So some of the guests will have to sleep in the living room for sure. With OKW, the second bedroom will be guaranteed to have two queen beds (no sleeper sofa). And it has the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. If you need the door through the laundry room to get to the bathroom, you'll need a Turtle Pond or South Point villa (or any villa numbered 30 or greater)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!