Treasure - Advice

atoz786

Earning My Ears
Hello - we are looking to book at the end of september, leaning towards a family verandah on Deck 7 or 8, is aft usually the cheapest location? Do the bumpout cabins cost more than the non-bumpout? Trying to learn as much about this ship before booking opens, we are silver so not even sure if the bumpout rooms will be available by then on the lower floors since they seem to be lower priced than higher floors. Any other advice would be appreciated from what i gather this ship is similar to the Wish. Thanks.

We had a bumpout 4B on the Wish earlier this month and have the same on the Treasure next February, no extra cost. Good luck booking!

Edited to add: I believe all the bumpouts are the same price on each deck, so they’re cheaper on a lower deck, but consistent on the same deck. Both of ours have been near the aft elevators.

Generally (any ship, any company) Forward and aft are less expensive than midship. The price also goes up as you go up the decks.

... we are silver so not even sure if the bumpout rooms will be available by then on the lower floors since they seem to be lower priced than higher floors...

We are also silver and we were able to book room 6074 for the Treasure next May. That's the middle of the forward bump, which was our preferred location. We did not book the day the cruise became available to book, but a couple of weeks after. The bumps are the beginning and end of what they consider mid-ship. It doesn't look like the cost is different based on forward, mid or aft, but the prices change based on floor (6 and 7 are the same and least expensive, 8 and 9 are the same and 10 and 11 are the same and most expensive).

The reason I like ships that have forward and aft elevator banks instead of forward, mid and aft is that forward aren't too far forward, aft aren't too far aft and most of what the ship has to offer is in between. On the Wish and Treasure, the restaurants and adult only areas are closer to the aft elevators and the theater and spa are closer to the forward.

Generally the most expensive is midship USUALLY (not always) forward is the most expensive. The categories rise in price at different rates based on how much has been sold for the sailing to that point. So it could vary quite a bit.

Higher floor is the biggest factor, followed by midship—for example deck 10 forward or aft is generally more expensive than deck 6 midship, but deck 6 midship is more expensive than deck 6 aft or forward.

Bump outs on the sides of the ship are not priced higher than other rooms in the same location, but all bump outs are classified as midship for booking purposes (even though some are past the aft elevator) so you will pay more for them than an aft or forward room. Also bump out rooms are a mix of standard verandahs and Family sized verandahs—the family verandahs are in the middle of the bump while the standard verandahs are on the ends of the bump. Family has a larger interior and some have the 5th sleeper murphy bed and are more expensive than standard.

Thanks all, are the bumpouts worth paying extra for? Our kids will be 4 and 6.

We were on the very beginning of a bumpout in 8620, i much prefer the family verandah roooms to the standard ones. It felt like we had a little more breathing room because there was room for the murphy bed, which we didn't use.

Although the verandah on 8620 was a little awkward because it was literally the beginning of the bumpout.

I think it all comes down to how much you value extra verandah space. Personally, I'll take a bumpout if available and I might pay $50 to $100 more, but not more than that. The size of the stateroom itself is more important to me/us.

I'll also note that on the Treasure cruise we just booked (leaving 2/15), every category 4 room is the same price, bumpout or not, and in any location, as long as you're looking on the same deck. So on deck 8, for instance, every category 4 is the same price, regardless of location and bumpout or no. Same on deck 6--a lower price than deck 8, but again, every category 4 on deck 6 is the same price.

So from what I can tell, on the Treasure, category 4 rooms are priced only per deck, not per location. Category 5s do seem to vary by location, because they're more spread out throughout the decks.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!

I'll also note that on the Treasure cruise we just booked (leaving 2/15), every category 4 room is the same price, bumpout or not, and in any location, as long as you're looking on the same deck. So on deck 8, for instance, every category 4 is the same price, regardless of location and bumpout or no. Same on deck 6--a lower price than deck 8, but again, every category 4 on deck 6 is the same price.

So from what I can tell, on the Treasure, category 4 rooms are priced only per deck, not per location. Category 5s do seem to vary by location, because they're more spread out throughout the decks.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!

This jives, I moved my room 2 times on the Wish staying in Cat 4 and the room price never changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter