Travelling with DD 2/3 Years Old - 4 Nights at 2 Resorts?

Do you think it is realistic or tiring to change resorts?

• Are you crazy? Travelling with kid that age is already tiring! Just stay at 1 Resort

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Stay at 2 Resorts so that DD can explore 2 different splash pad and pools

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wellow

Earning My Ears
Please help this overthinking mom!

I have polled a few days ago at the Disney Resorts forum if I should do a 1 Night stay at AoA or BCR along with 3 Nights at WL since I cannot add another night at WL. I was leaning towards AoA when somebody suggested that I take a look at POFQ, and guess what I love it! I love the splash pad and I love Southern food as I lived in Atlanta before. <https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...t-of-animations-or-beach-club-resort.3697523/>

Well POFQ is not available, but POR is available. So I was thinking maybe I should do 2 Nights at POR and 2 Nights WL as it will be more feasible with my park schedule and less tiring than 1 N and 3 N.

But then just a few hours ago, WL is available for all 4 Nights with the discounts! Of course I immediately booked it. I was so scared the room is gone in 5 minutes.

Now I am in a dilemma. When I compare WL splash pad and POFQ splash pad, DD will appreciate POFQ’s pool and splash pad more. She loves the AoA theming when I showed her, but honestly, I cannot imagine walking 15 minutes to the Little Mermaid room even for 1 day. Another plus is that POFQ and POR has shower facility so that in the first day, we can go hit the pools before going to the parks.

But I also want to relax and not going crazy with packing and unpacking, especially I will be travelling in US for more than 2 weeks with a lot of luggages. (I am coming from Asia btw!). But it will mean that I will save 15% of the hotel cost, which my husband will appreciate.

So parents, is it realistic to switch between 2 resorts for a 4 nights stay? Or should I throw that idea and just relax in 1 resort? I trust your opinion here.

Thank you!

I’d do the 4 night stay at wilderness lodge. We just got back from Disney and did a 2 night pop, 2 night contemporary and 3 night yacht club and I wish we had just ditched pop. I did it to save money, but in the end it would have been nicer at the contemporary for all 4 nights.

Por is all spread out and much bigger then wilderness lodge, plus you have the boat to mk.

Stick with the one resort, if you move resorts mid stay you will be out of a room for several hours (all day) that can be an issue with a toddler. This way you can get settled and enjoy all the days of your vacation. All the resorts have a shower/changing area you can use if your room isn't ready on check in day or if you want to swim on check out day.

Your dd will love anything/everything you do with her :)

I am just now considering a split stay for next year’s trip. Never done it before and I am still not sure. Seems like a lot of work but I am staying 7-9 nights (still deciding that too) I don’t think I would ever do it on a four night trip. I say just stay at wilderness lodge and save yourself the trouble especially with a toddler. They tire out so fast especially at Disney.

WIth a little one I would choose one resort and stick with it. I am not in favor of adding any work, stress, glitches, when traveling with little ones. There are enough considerations that go hand in hand with toddlers, so less is more in terms of split says, IMO/

For a short stay with a toddler I definitely don’t think it would be worth the hassle to switch resorts.

I'd do the 4 nights at WL unless they had 4 nights at POR since the splashpad seems important. WL is a beautiful resort and there is lots of fun areas for kids as well as adults. The area is great if MK is a big part of your plan.

Thank you all for replying. I'll stick at one resort then. I probably will walk to Fort Wilderness if we get bored at WL. :tiptoe:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter